Begin Your Case With a Proven Truck Accident Law Firm
Large truck accidents can turn an ordinary day into a catastrophic event in seconds. You may suffer severe injuries long-term, affecting your ability to work and causing additional financial distress aside from your vehicle’s damage.
Truck accidents can cause severe damage, especially if the collision involves several other vehicles. A truck’s immense size and load weight increase the impact so an accident may be more severe and the losses higher. Have you or someone you love been in a truck accident? A Lakewood truck accident lawyer can help.
We charge no upfront fees for our legal services and only take payment if we secure monetary compensation on your behalf. Call us at 800-333-9999 at any time to speak to one of our dedicated Lakewood truck accident lawyers and set up a free consultation.
We Represent Injured Accident Victims Across Many Categories. Some Personal Injury Cases We Handle Include:
- Accidents With Trucks or Commercial Vehicles
- Injuries & Wrongful Death Involving Driver Negligence (cell phone use, DUI)
- Accidents With Uninsured Motorists
- Whiplash Injury Accidents
- Airbag Deployment Accidents
- Takata Air Bag Recalls
- Motorcycle Accident Injuries
- Ridesharing: Lyft & Uber Accidents
- Bicycle Accident Injuries
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Pedestrians Hit By a Vehicle
- Head-On Collisions
- Rear-End Collisions
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Sometimes an auto accident injury is not evident until much later. Even if you haven’t suffered a catastrophic injury you still may need medical treatment. You should seek medical care immediately, even if you don’t think you are badly hurt. Some severe injuries may not be immediately apparent. This is the best way to physically and legally protect yourself and your loved ones.
Getting the Legal Perspective on Car Accidents – Audio Interview
Car accident lawyer Darryl Isaacs — The Hammer — sat down to address legal and safety considerations when injured from a car crash in a recent radio episode of “Ask The Hammer,” the podcast exploring the legal matters that matter most. There are many elements at play when knowing what to do after a car accident. Listen to the episode directly below.
What to Do After a Lakewood Truck Accident
Truck accidents can leave you scared and in shock. You may not know what you should do next. Here are a few steps we recommend taking:
- If possible, safely move your car away from traffic.
- Check yourself and other victims for injuries and call 911 if necessary.
- Take pictures or videos of the crash.
- Look around for traffic cameras and make a note of where you’ve found them.
- Record everything you can remember about the collision.
- Ask bystanders not involved in the collision to help and give eyewitness accounts.
- Record any statements from those involved in the accident.
- When the police arrive, describe the details of the accident for the report.
- Call your insurance company to report the accident.
Our Accident Law Firm Will Get Started on Your Case Immediately By:
- Listening to your story
- Answering your questions
- Advising you what to do next
- Investigating the accident scene and all other evidence related to your claim
- Reviewing medical records, police reports, and all documents
- Determining which parties are liable for your injury
- Meeting with insurance adjusters
- Helping you file your claim
- Demanding a just settlement for all of your medical treatment and damages
What Can a Lakewood Truck Accident Lawyer Do?
Our team fights to help victims recover financially from damages and compensate them for the pain and suffering caused by these collisions. We know that no settlement in the world can turn back time or take away your pain. But it can be a start.
A lawyer can assess if your accident qualifies for compensation and help gather evidence for an insurance claim or a lawsuit if the other driver is to blame. Here at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we can provide our clients with legal representation while we fight for financial compensation. Financial compensation may potentially cover damages for personal injuries, loss of work, and material losses, depending on the characteristics of the collision.
These are a few examples of damages you could claim after a truck accident in Ohio:
- Medical care for fractures or other injuries
- Ambulance expense
- Diagnostic tests, such as X-rays and blood work
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of wages
- Loss of future income
- Physical therapy
- Mental health care
We can help you file a legal claim for compensation for these losses. Our team of professionals will carefully analyze each case and estimate the compensation you should seek. We’ll also help trucking accident victims collect evidence to build a strong case for a claim or, if necessary, a lawsuit against the responsible driver.
Build Your Case With A Top Rated Accident LawyerIf you need immediate assistance with a vehicle accident or personal injury, call our team now at 800-333-9999 to begin your free case review and schedule an initial consultation to get legal advice. Our law firm represents injured victims across many categories. Some popular cases our accident attorneys handle include:
- Big Truck and Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Product Liability Cases
Causes of Ohio Truck Accidents
Semi-truck drivers typically drive more miles and spend longer hours on the roads than car drivers and motorcyclists do, which means that they are at higher risk for road accidents. It also means they may be more likely to have contributed to the accident. Some of the causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver Error: Drivers can make mistakes like speeding, forgetting to check the blind spot before changing into another lane, or getting confused by outside factors.
- Driver Fatigue: When drivers operate a truck without adequate rest, the risk of accidents increases. This can happen when they work too much and try to meet demanding schedules, increasing the chances of collision.
- Driving Under the Influence: Driving a truck while using alcohol or drugs (even certain prescription medications) is illegal in all states. Rigorous driver and vehicular security checks are applied due to the size and weight of this type of commercial vehicle.
- Poorly Loaded Cargo: Most trucks are full of merchandise and these goods must be properly loaded and secured to distribute the weight within the truck. A well-distributed load can help avoid the risk of accidents, especially when the vehicle turns or stops. But a poorly loaded truck can put too much weight on the cab or make a rollover more likely. Other vehicles may be collateral damage in these situations.
Reviewing EDR Data
Most trucks will come equipped with an Event Data Recorder (EDR), and this can be great news for your case. Your lawyer may request this information to review as evidence.
The EDR could show relevant information like:
- Truck and engine speed
- Cruise-control and brake status
- Collision warnings
- Warnings for lane departure
- Diagnostic problems
- Unusual acceleration
Trucking Regulations and Patterns of Neglect
Trucking companies have specific rules and regulations to help drivers avoid accidents. For example, they have signs to encourage reporting careless drivers and train drivers to slow down in turns and curves. As part of these regulations, companies that use heavy-duty trucks to transport goods have to regularly train their drivers.
Failure to comply with truck driving regulations can have devastating consequences. When trucking companies don’t follow regulations, like ignoring the number of hours drivers can spend behind the wheel, they can be held liable for accidents.
Your lawyer can research the company’s compliance history to look for patterns of negligence that can help prove liability.
Get a Free Case Review from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can represent you if you’ve been in a Lakewood truck accident. Since 1993, our attorneys have recovered a billion dollars for clients in Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky. The victims of these collisions feel heard, thanks to the legal support offered by our professionals.
We want to help you feel heard, secure in your claim, and legally protected in the face of an unfortunate accident. You can request a free review of your case from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers today. Our team can provide you with legal assistance to defend your rights.
To learn more about working with our Lakewood lawyers, call 800-333-9999 for your no-cost truck accident case review.