Begin Your Case With a Proven Dog Bite Law Firm
If someone else’s dog attacked you or your loved one, a Danville dog bite lawyer with Issacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you seek compensation for losses suffered in the attack.
Dog bites can occur even when the pet is thoroughly trained. For example, some pets become overly enthusiastic when playing with children or encountering strangers at the parks. While dogs are arguably the friendliest animals to pet, a vicious attack by a dog can leave a victim with grave injuries. You can learn more about your next steps during a free consultation today.
We charge no upfront fees for our legal services and only take payment if we secure monetary compensation on your behalf. Call us at 800-333-9999 at any time to speak to one of our dedicated Danville dog bite lawyers and set up a free consultation.
We Represent Injured Accident Victims Across Many Categories. Some Personal Injury Cases We Handle Include:
- Accidents With Trucks or Commercial Vehicles
- Injuries & Wrongful Death Involving Driver Negligence (cell phone use, DUI)
- Accidents With Uninsured Motorists
- Whiplash Injury Accidents
- Airbag Deployment Accidents
- Takata Air Bag Recalls
- Motorcycle Accident Injuries
- Ridesharing: Lyft & Uber Accidents
- Bicycle Accident Injuries
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Pedestrians Hit By a Vehicle
- Head-On Collisions
- Rear-End Collisions
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Sometimes an auto accident injury is not evident until much later. Even if you haven’t suffered a catastrophic injury you still may need medical treatment. You should seek medical care immediately, even if you don’t think you are badly hurt. Some severe injuries may not be immediately apparent. This is the best way to physically and legally protect yourself and your loved ones.
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Discusses How Lawsuits Work
A Dog Bite Lawyer in Danville Can Help You Seek Damages After a Danville Dog Bite Attack
If you or your child sustained injuries from a dog bite, you’d be keen to hold the owner responsible. The liable party may not be sympathetic and could downplay your injuries to avoid paying you.
Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and his team can help you get justice by doing the following:
- Investigating the incident and collecting supporting evidence
- Bringing in third-party professionals to weigh in on your case, e.g., a doctor who specializes in dog bites
- Computing your financial and non-financial losses
- Negotiating with the insurance company of the liable party
- Taking care of all upfront costs, such as hiring investigators and expert witnesses
- Addressing your concerns and answering your questions
- Serving as the intermediary between you and the liable party’s legal team and insurer
- Taking the case to court if necessary if we cannot settle your case
Our Accident Law Firm Will Get Started on Your Case Immediately By:
- Listening to your story
- Answering your questions
- Advising you what to do next
- Investigating the accident scene and all other evidence related to your claim
- Reviewing medical records, police reports, and all documents
- Determining which parties are liable for your injury
- Meeting with insurance adjusters
- Helping you file your claim
- Demanding a just settlement for all of your medical treatment and damages
Compensatory Damages in a Danville Dog Bite Injury Case
Hiring a lawyer from our firm at the earliest opportunity is essential so they can examine your case and determine if you qualify for compensation. A Danville dog bite lawyer will then assess your economic and non-economic damages and seek financial recovery for the following:
- Medical bills and related expenses, like prescriptions
- Lost income during treatment and in the future
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability (e.g., limb amputation)
- Buying prosthetic limb
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
What to Do After a Dog Bite Attack in Danville
A dog bite can lead to life-threatening injuries requiring extensive medical intervention. Take the following measures to protect your health and legal rights:
- Remove yourself from the situation and stay away from the dog
- Call 911 to report the incident and request an ambulance
- Stop the bleeding by applying pressure on the wound
- Document your injuries by taking photos and videos with your phone
- Speak to onlookers (if any) to get their account of events
- Take notice of any signs or lack thereof warning about vicious dogs
- Refrain from accepting cash offers by the dog owner
- Contact a dog bite attorney in Danville for legal advice
- Seek treatment so that your injuries don’t worsen
- Follow the prescribed treatment plan as the case unfolds
Build Your Case With A Top Rated Accident LawyerIf you need immediate assistance with a vehicle accident or personal injury, call our team now at 800-333-9999 to begin your free case review and schedule an initial consultation to get legal advice. Our law firm represents injured victims across many categories. Some popular cases our accident attorneys handle include:
- Big Truck and Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Product Liability Cases
Statutes of Limitations in Kentucky
All jurisdictions have limits for filing a personal injury claim or lawsuit. However, one civil lawsuit can entail multiple claims, and they may have different deadlines. For example, you can sue a negligent dog owner for injuries sustained in a dog bite and then level charges for property damage. There could be different statutes of limitations for these two causes of action.
In Kentucky, you generally have one year from the date you sustained your injuries to recover damages, per Ky. Rev. Stat. §413.140(1). Our attorney can advise you on the deadlines that apply to your case. If you don’t file your lawsuit within this period, you might lose your right to sue, and subsequently, you’ll get no compensation.
Types of Dog Bite Injuries
Here are examples of injuries you can expect from a dog bite:
Rabies is a viral disease from scratches or bites by a wild animal. This virus infects the brain and central nervous system; without appropriate treatment, the victim may die. The Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC) advises you to consult a physician immediately to determine if you need rabies postexposure prophylaxis (PEP).
Certain dog breeds can pierce your skin with sharp teeth. Some of these punctures are deep and can travel down to the bone, especially if the victim tries to escape the grip. This movement may irritate the dog, so they tighten the grip. As a result, there’s a lot of bleeding and excruciating pain with these injuries.
Dog bites can transmit bacteria; if they are already present on the skin, they’ll penetrate when the skin breaks. As a result, the immune system suffers, and this causes symptoms like inflammation.
Symptoms of an infection include drainage from the infected area, persistent pain, difficulty moving the affected area, and redness. Night sweats and fevers may ensue as the infection worsens.
Extreme dog attacks can lead to the tearing away of the flesh, exposing the bone. The victim will require extensive medical treatment, like reconstructive surgery, and there may be permanent scarring. Cosmetic procedures can lessen or remove the scarring over time.
Whether the dog bite caused avulsions or only a few scrapes, there’s a high likelihood of scarring. The scars may be visible or hidden in the inner thighs or stomach area. Scarring can also occur on the face.
Call a Danville Dog Bite Attorney Today for a Free Consultation
If a dog bit you or a loved one in Danville, Kentucky, Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can investigate if the dog’s owner was negligent. We have an in-house team of attorneys ready to handle your case.
You get the most responsive and devoted legal representation when you hire us. Collectively, we’ve won over $1 billion in settlements, helping clients win even the most complex cases. Our attorneys work on contingency, so we don’t charge unless we win your case. Call us today for a free case review.
To learn more about working with our Danville lawyers, call 1-800-333-9999 for your no-cost dog bite case review.