Begin Your Case With a Proven Truck Accident Law Firm
An Evansville truck accident lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you seek justice and compensation. if you or a loved one were injured in an 18-wheeler truck accident in the Evansville, Indiana, area.
Evansville, Indiana, sees a lot of commercial trucks, like 18-wheelers, traveling through thanks to stretches of I-69 and Route 41. Drivers of 18-wheelers must earn a special license to prove their ability to drive these massive vehicles safely, but these vehicles frequently collide with others. In 2020, 8% of all traffic collisions reported involved large commercial trucks, according to the Indiana University Public Policy Institute.
We charge no upfront fees for our legal services and only take payment if we secure monetary compensation on your behalf. Call us at 800-333-9999 at any time to speak to one of our dedicated Evansville truck accident lawyers and set up a free consultation.
We Represent Injured Accident Victims Across Many Categories. Some Personal Injury Cases We Handle Include:
- Accidents With Trucks or Commercial Vehicles
- Injuries & Wrongful Death Involving Driver Negligence (cell phone use, DUI)
- Accidents With Uninsured Motorists
- Whiplash Injury Accidents
- Airbag Deployment Accidents
- Takata Air Bag Recalls
- Motorcycle Accident Injuries
- Ridesharing: Lyft & Uber Accidents
- Bicycle Accident Injuries
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Pedestrians Hit By a Vehicle
- Head-On Collisions
- Rear-End Collisions
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Sometimes an auto accident injury is not evident until much later. Even if you haven’t suffered a catastrophic injury you still may need medical treatment. You should seek medical care immediately, even if you don’t think you are badly hurt. Some severe injuries may not be immediately apparent. This is the best way to physically and legally protect yourself and your loved ones.
Getting the Legal Perspective on Car Accidents – Audio Interview
Car accident lawyer Darryl Isaacs — The Hammer — sat down to address legal and safety considerations when injured from a car crash in a recent radio episode of “Ask The Hammer,” the podcast exploring the legal matters that matter most. There are many elements at play when knowing what to do after a car accident. Listen to the episode directly below.
18-Wheeler Truck Accidents Can Be More Severe
Commercial trucks and trailers, like 18-wheelers, are huge and heavy. When they collide with another vehicle, they can cause serious damage. In fact, commercial truck crashes involving smaller vehicles are more likely to cause these drivers severe, life-threatening injuries. Often, these accidents result in death.
Types of Injuries in 18-Wheeler Accidents
Some of the most common injuries we’ve seen our clients suffer from include:
- Serious fractures
- Internal tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Paralysis injuries
- Amputation injuries
Common Types of 18-Wheeler Accidents
Here are some types of 18-wheeler accidents we’ve helped our clients recover compensation for:
- T-bone collision
- Jackknife collision
- Wide turn crash
- Head-on collision
- Rear-end collision
- Underride collision
Common Causes of 18-Wheeler Accidents
- Fatigued driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Reckless driving
- Failure to watch for vehicles
- Failure to obey traffic signals
- Making improper turns and lane changes
- Inadequate training and negligent hiring
- Lack of truck and trailer maintenance
- Poor road conditions
- Adverse weather conditions
You can work with our Evansville 18-wheeler truck accident lawyer if you or a loved one suffered harm by a truck driver’s or trucking company’s negligence.
Our Accident Law Firm Will Get Started on Your Case Immediately By:
- Listening to your story
- Answering your questions
- Advising you what to do next
- Investigating the accident scene and all other evidence related to your claim
- Reviewing medical records, police reports, and all documents
- Determining which parties are liable for your injury
- Meeting with insurance adjusters
- Helping you file your claim
- Demanding a just settlement for all of your medical treatment and damages
You Can Get Compensation for Your 18-Wheeler Accident in Vanderburgh County
Injuries from an 18-wheeler accident can be costly. Recovering compensation through insurance claims, settlement negotiations, or a lawsuit can help you and your family overcome the financial hurdles of being injured in a commercial truck accident.
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident involving an 18-wheel commercial truck, you can recover financial and non-economic damages, including:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical costs for ongoing treatment
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disability
- Reduced quality of life
If your loved one died in an 18-wheeler accident or as the result of their injuries from that accident, you can recover damages such as:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical bills from their accident
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of emotional support
How Much Is My 18-Wheeler Accident Worth?
It’s hard to provide an estimate for how much your case is worth as there are many factors contributing to that amount. Some factors we’ll consider when calculating your damages include:
- How old you were at the time of the accident
- The type and severity of your injuries
- The number of medical bills you have from your accident
- Whether you’ll need ongoing treatment and how much that will cost
- Your income losses
- How the accident occurred
- Who is responsible for the accident
When you meet with our Evansville truck accident lawyer, we can calculate your damages to determine how much compensation you could recover.
What Is the Statute of Limitations on 18-Wheeler Truck Accidents in Evansville?
In Indiana, you have two years from the accident date to file a personal injury lawsuit for your 18-wheeler accident (IC § 34-11-2-4). If you’ve lost your loved one in an 18-wheeler accident, you have two years from their passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the negligent party or parties (IC § 34-23-1-1).
Build Your Case With A Top Rated Accident LawyerIf you need immediate assistance with a vehicle accident or personal injury, call our team now at 800-333-9999 to begin your free case review and schedule an initial consultation to get legal advice. Our law firm represents injured victims across many categories. Some popular cases our accident attorneys handle include:
- Big Truck and Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Product Liability Cases
Do I Need a Lawyer for My 18-Wheeler Accident?
An 18-wheeler truck accident can be complex. You must determine the cause of the accident, collect evidence proving the truck driver or company was negligent, and file all the required paperwork in time. These tasks can be time-consuming and stressful. And you should be focusing on healing from this accident.
Let a truck accident lawyer from our firm take on these important legal tasks for you:
- Gathering evidence and proving the other party’s negligence
- Reviewing your medical records, pay stubs, and more to calculate your damages
- Filing insurance claims with the trucking company’s liability insurance company
- Handling all communications with the trucking company and their insurance
- Negotiating a settlement that reflects your pain and suffering
- Filing a lawsuit in the Indiana courts and representing you during hearings
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Helps Victims of 18-Wheeler Accidents in Evansville
The team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers has more than 400 years of combined legal experience. We’ve used our experience to recover more than $1 billion in settlements for our clients, including:
- $10 million for a man injured in a semi-truck accident
- $5.25 million for a woman whose vehicle was rear-ended by a tanker truck, pushing her into the semi in front of her
- $3.65 million for a woman injured after a semi-truck pulled out in front of her
While we can’t guarantee you the same results, we promise to give you the same aggressive and dedicated representation that’s helped us win countless cases for victims and their families across Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio.
We have our own in-house litigation team to fight for on your behalf and Spanish-speaking attorneys and paralegals so you can communicate with our team in the language you feel most comfortable speaking.
Call The Hammer Today
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we know the pain, anger, and confusion of being in a truck accident. We can help you seek justice for the negligence of the truck driver and their employer. And we offer our services for no upfront fees or costs to you. You don’t owe anything until we win or settle your case.
While no money can fully heal your pain, you can rest easy knowing The Hammer is in your corner. Contact our office today for your free case review.
To learn more about working with our Evansville lawyers, call 1-800-333-9999 for your no-cost truck accident case review.