Begin Your Case With a Proven Dog Bite Law Firm
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent dog bite victims and help them pursue justice. You might be entitled to compensation if someone else’s dog bites and injures you. An Ashland dog bite lawyer from our firm could help you file a claim and seek financial compensation.
Getting attacked and bitten by a dog is a frightening and traumatizing experience. Due to their sharp teeth, dogs can cause significant nerve and tissue damage. In addition, the vicious nature of the attack may leave you emotionally and psychologically scarred.
We charge no upfront fees for our legal services and only take payment if we secure monetary compensation on your behalf. Call us at 800-333-9999 at any time to speak to one of our dedicated Ashland dog bite lawyers and set up a free consultation.
We Represent Injured Accident Victims Across Many Categories. Some Personal Injury Cases We Handle Include:
- Accidents With Trucks or Commercial Vehicles
- Injuries & Wrongful Death Involving Driver Negligence (cell phone use, DUI)
- Accidents With Uninsured Motorists
- Whiplash Injury Accidents
- Airbag Deployment Accidents
- Takata Air Bag Recalls
- Motorcycle Accident Injuries
- Ridesharing: Lyft & Uber Accidents
- Bicycle Accident Injuries
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Pedestrians Hit By a Vehicle
- Head-On Collisions
- Rear-End Collisions
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Sometimes an auto accident injury is not evident until much later. Even if you haven’t suffered a catastrophic injury you still may need medical treatment. You should seek medical care immediately, even if you don’t think you are badly hurt. Some severe injuries may not be immediately apparent. This is the best way to physically and legally protect yourself and your loved ones.
Dog Bite Injury Lawyer Discusses How Lawsuits Work
How Our Lawyer Can Help After a Dog Bite
The law holds dog owners responsible for their dogs’ actions. Your lawyer understands this and thus can effectively prove negligence and liability to get justice.
Here are a few ways your lawyer can help after a dog bites you:
- Assessing the extent of your injury
- Determining the recoverable damages you’re entitled to
- Determining the amount you’re owed in compensation
- Investigating to get more information on the dog owner
- Getting the accounts of witnesses who saw the incident occur
- Providing legal guidance and handling all legalities, allowing you to focus on recovery
- Seeking out-of-court settlements from the liable party
- Filing a claim in court if an agreement isn’t reached
- Representing you in court
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ll handle your case on a contingency-fee-basis. This means you won’t incur any upfront fees and costs when pursuing your claim. We get paid after winning a fair settlement or compensation on your behalf.
Our Accident Law Firm Will Get Started on Your Case Immediately By:
- Listening to your story
- Answering your questions
- Advising you what to do next
- Investigating the accident scene and all other evidence related to your claim
- Reviewing medical records, police reports, and all documents
- Determining which parties are liable for your injury
- Meeting with insurance adjusters
- Helping you file your claim
- Demanding a just settlement for all of your medical treatment and damages
Recoverable Damages for an Ashland Dog Bite
Since dog bites happen in different scenarios, the unique circumstances of your incident will determine the damages you may get. Some of the damages an Ashland dog bite lawyer could pursue in your claim include:
- Medical costs, including stitches, medication, vaccination shots, and crutches or wheelchairs
- Specialist treatment, for example, physiotherapy for severe nerve damage
- Psychological counseling for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) from the incident
- Permanent disability and disfigurement
- Loss of income due to the time spent away from work nursing your injuries
- Loss of all future income if you can’t work anymore due to the injury
- Pain, anguish, and emotional distress from PTSD, anxiety, and phobias
- Compensation for your pet’s treatment if your dog was injured in this incident
What to Do After a Dog Bite
To minimize the damage, following specific steps is crucial to keep your wound from getting infected. Here are a few things you should do if you suffer a dog bite:
- Wash the wound using mild soap or methylated spirit and run warm water over the wound for 8-15 minutes
- Use a clean cloth to slow and stop the bleeding
- Apply some antibiotic cream or ointment if you have it
- Use a sterile bandage to wrap the wound to prevent it from contacting bacteria and potentially getting infected
- Have a doctor check out the wound for a proper diagnosis
- Keep the wound bandaged after the doctor examines you and gives you shots if necessary
- Watch for swelling, pain, fever, redness, and other signs of infection
- Take the pain medication your doctor prescribes
After you’ve been treated and are on your way to recovery, you should consider connecting with an Ashland dog bite attorney to seek compensation. To increase the odds of you having a successful suit, you should:
- Take pictures of the dog that bit you while still at the scene if you can
- Make notes regarding the dog’s breed, coat color, gender, and age if necessary to help locate the owner
- Talk to the neighbors; they might know the dog’s owner
- Ask eyewitnesses for their testimonies if your injuries aren’t too severe; take their names and contact information too
- Call Animal Control to check whether the responsible dog has bitten others before
Build Your Case With A Top Rated Accident LawyerIf you need immediate assistance with a vehicle accident or personal injury, call our team now at 800-333-9999 to begin your free case review and schedule an initial consultation to get legal advice. Our law firm represents injured victims across many categories. Some popular cases our accident attorneys handle include:
- Big Truck and Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Product Liability Cases
Deadline for Filing a Dog Bite Lawsuit
In Kentucky, dog bite victims generally have one year to file a personal injury lawsuit (Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.140(1)).
If you lost a loved one to a dog bite, you have one year from their death or one year from the appointment of an estate representative or administrator to file a wrongful death lawsuit (Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.180).
If you take more than one year to file a lawsuit after being bitten by a dog or losing a loved one, your case will likely be invalid. Enlisting a dog bite lawyer in Ashland is essential as it will provide legal assistance that allows you to meet these deadlines.
Causes of Dog Bites
A dog might bite you as a defense mechanism when feeling threatened. Leaning over a dog or approaching from behind may startle or provoke the animal, leading to a bite. This instinct is present even in domesticated dogs.
Although dog owners are expected to prevent their dogs from biting people, here are some ways they neglect that responsibility:
- Failing to put their dog through basic training to strengthen obedience and restraint skills
- Failing to socialize their dog
- Failing to keep their dog on a leash while taking it for a walk
- Failing to keep their dog leashed or caged in the yard; a loose dog may jump over fences and attack passersby
- Failing to give their dog rabies shots
- Ignoring their dog’s aggressive behavior and failing to address it immediately
- Failing to take measures, such as using short leashes or muzzles, despite being aware of their dog’s aggressive or fearful nature
If you can prove the dog’s owner neglected their responsibility, you could receive compensation for all injuries and other damages the dog inflicted on you.
Contact Us Today for Legal Help in Boyd County
Dog bites are physically painful and psychologically scarring. If someone else’s dog bites you, Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers could help you seek compensation for all sustained injuries.
Our partner, Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs, has created a team of experienced and driven attorneys who’ve won $1 billion in settlements. Our team has more than 400 years of combined experience, making us well-suited for handling your personal injury case. Connect with a dog bite attorney in Ashland and learn more about how we can be of service. We offer free consultations.
To learn more about working with our Ashland lawyers, call 1-800-333-9999 for your no-cost dog bite case review.