Begin Your Case With a Proven Truck Accident Law Firm
Truck accidents may not happen as often as crashes involving regular vehicles, but they’re several times more dangerous. Due to their sheer weight and size, garbage trucks can deal an incredible amount of damage in a crash.
Since garbage trucks use the same streets and curbs that families use, they may be involved in accidents with smaller, more vulnerable vehicles. As a victim, you might be entitled to recover compensation for your losses. Our Edgewood truck accident lawyer at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers stands ready to help you navigate the claims process and offer legal representation.
We charge no upfront fees for our legal services and only take payment if we secure monetary compensation on your behalf. Call us at 800-333-9999 at any time to speak to one of our dedicated Edgewood truck accident lawyers and set up a free consultation.
We Represent Injured Accident Victims Across Many Categories. Some Personal Injury Cases We Handle Include:
- Accidents With Trucks or Commercial Vehicles
- Injuries & Wrongful Death Involving Driver Negligence (cell phone use, DUI)
- Accidents With Uninsured Motorists
- Whiplash Injury Accidents
- Airbag Deployment Accidents
- Takata Air Bag Recalls
- Motorcycle Accident Injuries
- Ridesharing: Lyft & Uber Accidents
- Bicycle Accident Injuries
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Pedestrians Hit By a Vehicle
- Head-On Collisions
- Rear-End Collisions
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Sometimes an auto accident injury is not evident until much later. Even if you haven’t suffered a catastrophic injury you still may need medical treatment. You should seek medical care immediately, even if you don’t think you are badly hurt. Some severe injuries may not be immediately apparent. This is the best way to physically and legally protect yourself and your loved ones.
Getting the Legal Perspective on Car Accidents – Audio Interview
Car accident lawyer Darryl Isaacs — The Hammer — sat down to address legal and safety considerations when injured from a car crash in a recent radio episode of “Ask The Hammer,” the podcast exploring the legal matters that matter most. There are many elements at play when knowing what to do after a car accident. Listen to the episode directly below.
How Our Edgewood Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help
We can leverage our legal knowledge to protect your rights when you hire Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers after such an accident. We’ll achieve this by doing the following:
- Filing a personal injury complaint. This will be a broad outline of the accident that describes your case, names the defendant (you) and the plaintiff (garbage truck driver or any other party), and your injury claim.
- Gathering evidence. We can collect all the evidence we need to prove that the party or parties in your complaint are responsible for the accident and your resulting injuries. This includes photographic and video evidence as well as statements from eyewitnesses.
- Conducting an investigation. Our attorney can conduct a thorough investigation with the evidence to determine that the plaintiff is liable for your injuries.
- Negotiating with insurance providers. Negotiations with opposing counsel and insurance representatives can be mentally taxing and demanding. We’ll handle this process on your behalf.
Our Accident Law Firm Will Get Started on Your Case Immediately By:
- Listening to your story
- Answering your questions
- Advising you what to do next
- Investigating the accident scene and all other evidence related to your claim
- Reviewing medical records, police reports, and all documents
- Determining which parties are liable for your injury
- Meeting with insurance adjusters
- Helping you file your claim
- Demanding a just settlement for all of your medical treatment and damages
Recoverable Damages After a Garbage Truck Accident
We can begin efforts to secure your compensation once we’ve determined who’s liable and collected enough evidence to support your case.
Here are some of the compensatory damages you could recover:
- Past, present, and future medical costs
- Lost income and lost income earning potential
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship or consortium (for people who lose their spouses in garbage truck accidents)
- Wrongful death damages (for family members who lost a loved one in an accident)
Compensation can supply the means you need to cope with your injuries and move forward with your life.
Our Garbage Truck Accident Attorneys Operate on Contingency Fees
Our law firm handles all truck accident cases on a contingency fee basis. We’ll not charge you upfront costs or fees to handle your case. Instead, we’ll get paid for our services after winning your case. Our payment will be a percentage of the award money we’ll help you recover.
Comply With the Deadlines for Filing a Lawsuit After a Truck Accident
If filing a lawsuit best fits your situation, you must be mindful of the timelines the state enforces. In most cases, you have two years after a garbage truck accident or the last PIP payment to file a vehicle accident lawsuit, according to Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230.
If you lost a loved one to health complications related to the accident, Ky. Rev. Stat. §413.180 usually allows claimants one year to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
If you miss out on your window and try to file a lawsuit, the court will most likely dismiss it. If you get in touch with us soon, we can help you meet the deadline.
Common Truck Accident FAQs
What to Do After an Edgewood Truck Accident?
The choices you make right after your accident affect your health and finances. Your first move should be to call the paramedics and police to the scene. Onlookers can do that on your behalf if you have severe injuries. In this case, you’ll want to stay as still as possible until the paramedics arrive, so you don’t exacerbate your injuries.
While you wait for the EMTs to come, you can take pictures of the accident site and gather information like names and contacts from witnesses. Their testimonies can help determine liability later on. Then, accept appropriate medical attention from the paramedics and a more comprehensive checkup at a hospital.
This will ensure your injuries are attended to before they become severe. It will also help your chances of recovering just compensation, showing that you were injured enough to require medical attention. It’s at this point we recommend you contact us. We’ll use the evidence you gathered at the site, your medical records, and expert testimonies to determine who’s liable for your crash and seek maximum compensation on your behalf.
Build Your Case With A Top Rated Accident LawyerIf you need immediate assistance with a vehicle accident or personal injury, call our team now at 800-333-9999 to begin your free case review and schedule an initial consultation to get legal advice. Our law firm represents injured victims across many categories. Some popular cases our accident attorneys handle include:
- Big Truck and Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Product Liability Cases
Determining Liability in an Edgewood Garbage Truck Accident
Liability is a legal concept that refers to financial responsibility. If a party is found liable for the garbage truck accident that injured you, they’ll be responsible for covering all the damages you have sustained due to your injuries. However, truck accidents tend to work a little differently than other cases.
Parties That May Carry Financial Responsibility for the Crash
If a driver was negligent and struck your vehicle, they would be at fault for the accident but not liable. In most cases, you would sue the employer since they take responsibility for their employees’ actions.
If the accident was caused by a factor that should have been foreseen and addressed, such as a faulty garbage truck, you could sue the company running the garbage truck service.
As you can see, there are plenty of variables when determining liability in the aftermath of a truck accident. We can study your case to determine which parties are responsible for all the damages you have and will sustain in the future.
Put Your Case in Our Edgewood Garbage Truck Accident Lawyers’ Hands
You don’t have to deal with the consequences of an Edgewood garbage truck accident. Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and our team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers have helped thousands of clients receive compensation, and we’re ready to start working on your case.
Our team handles all types of personal injury cases, and we’ve managed to recover over $1 billion for our clients in settlements. Let us work together on your case.
To learn more about working with our Edgewood lawyers, call 1-800-333-9999 for your no-cost truck accident case review.