Begin Your Case With a Proven Catastrophic Injury Law Firm
Sometimes you experience an injury from which you don’t recover. You are left with severe disabilities, unable to walk or perform activities like you used to. And you are currently dealing with extreme anguish and other non-economic damages. You may be able to recover compensation after your catastrophic injury. A Georgetown catastrophic injury lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is ready to help you with your case.
We charge no upfront fees for our legal services and only take payment if we secure monetary compensation on your behalf. Call us at 800-333-9999 at any time to speak to one of our dedicated Georgetown catastrophic injury lawyers and set up a free consultation.
We Represent Injured Accident Victims Across Many Categories. Some Personal Injury Cases We Handle Include:
- Accidents With Trucks or Commercial Vehicles
- Injuries & Wrongful Death Involving Driver Negligence (cell phone use, DUI)
- Accidents With Uninsured Motorists
- Whiplash Injury Accidents
- Airbag Deployment Accidents
- Takata Air Bag Recalls
- Motorcycle Accident Injuries
- Ridesharing: Lyft & Uber Accidents
- Bicycle Accident Injuries
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Pedestrians Hit By a Vehicle
- Head-On Collisions
- Rear-End Collisions
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Getting the Legal Perspective on Car Accidents – Audio Interview
Car accident lawyer Darryl Isaacs — The Hammer — sat down to address legal and safety considerations when injured from a car crash in a recent radio episode of “Ask The Hammer,” the podcast exploring the legal matters that matter most. There are many elements at play when knowing what to do after a car accident. Listen to the episode directly below.
What is a Catastrophic Injury?
Catastrophic injuries include injuries where the health outcomes are extreme. These injuries significantly alter a person’s life and ability to work or perform day-to-day activities. Recovery and rehabilitation after a catastrophic injury are extensive and costly. And even with extensive help, the person may never return to their previous level of functioning.
A few examples of catastrophic injuries include the following:
- Spinal cord injuries, such as those that cause people not to be able to walk or move their arms.
- Amputations, which alter a person’s ability to use their limbs
- Brain injuries, such as those that cause a person to be unable to think or remember
- Severe burns that result in disfigurement or limited mobility.
Every catastrophic injury is different, but they all result in significant life changes and often a lot of pain and suffering. The extensive costs of a catastrophic injury can lead some people to pursue a catastrophic injury lawsuit for compensation.
Our Accident Law Firm Will Get Started on Your Case Immediately By:
- Listening to your story
- Answering your questions
- Advising you what to do next
- Investigating the accident scene and all other evidence related to your claim
- Reviewing medical records, police reports, and all documents
- Determining which parties are liable for your injury
- Meeting with insurance adjusters
- Helping you file your claim
- Demanding a just settlement for all of your medical treatment and damages
What Sort of Compensation Can I Get in a Catastrophic Injury Case?
There are lots of costs associated with a catastrophic injury. For example, let us say that you are part of a terrible accident where you experience a spinal cord injury. Because of the spinal cord injury, you cannot use your arms and legs anymore. You cannot work like you usually would and can only use your head and neck. You will likely have extensive costs related to this injury, including the following:
- Medical bills from emergency medical treatment, surgeries, medications, and follow-up care
- Costs from accommodations related to your new disability such as from your wheelchair and renovations to make areas handicap accessible
- Costs from rehab and other skill training to learn how to cope with your disability
- Costs of hiring more people to help you because of your disability
You may be able to recover compensation to help with these costs. In addition, you may be able to receive compensation for the income you have lost or your reduced earning capacity.
Because catastrophic injuries are so severe, you may be able to receive compensation for non-economic damages as well. For example, you may be able to recover compensation for your decline in your quality of life or your pain and suffering caused by your injuries.
How Long Do I Have to File a Catastrophic Injury Lawsuit?
Every state has slightly different statutes of limitations. In Kentucky, under Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.140(1), you have one year from the date of the accident to file a catastrophic injury lawsuit.
This is not a very big window, so it is best to seek legal help early on with your case. An experienced attorney can work with you to ensure you don’t miss the deadline for filing a catastrophic injury lawsuit.
How Would Working With a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Help Me?
Catastrophic injury lawyers specialize in handling cases like those caused by your catastrophic injury. When you meet with a catastrophic injury lawyer from our firm, he or she can help you with your case in the following areas:
- Go over your case to help you determine who is responsible for your catastrophic injury.
- Help you gather evidence to support your claim, such as your extensive costs, including financial, emotional, and physical tolls.
- Help you negotiate with those involved to reach a settlement that helps to cover your expenses.
- Answer any questions you may have about your case.
- Keep you updated and informed throughout your case.
Build Your Case With A Top Rated Accident LawyerIf you need immediate assistance with a vehicle accident or personal injury, call our team now at 800-333-9999 to begin your free case review and schedule an initial consultation to get legal advice. Our law firm represents injured victims across many categories. Some popular cases our accident attorneys handle include:
- Big Truck and Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Product Liability Cases
We proudly help our clients handle their personal injury cases, including those involving catastrophic injuries. Here are what a few of our clients wrote after working with our firm:
“This morning I called Isaacs & Isaacs because of a hit-and-run car injury that me and my fiance sustained yesterday. I spoke to a gentleman on the phone who was interested in all the details and then I received two text messages from Karen. It is really nice to see that they are the kind of people that care.” ~ Christy
“My attorney, paralegal, and the team have been nothing but outstanding. With attention to detail that makes me feel like I am the sole client of the firm. In light of how bad my accident was, I felt so much more at ease knowing that you all were taking care of everything. Thank you!” ~ James.
Costs of Hiring a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
At Isaacs & Isaacs, we do not charge you upfront legal fees or costs. Instead, we use a contingency fee structure. This means that we do not charge you for our services unless we help you recover compensation. From the amount you recover in compensation, we take a percentage to cover your legal costs and fees.
We can answer any questions you may have about our contingency fee structure when you meet with us.
Get a Free Consultation Today
Even if you aren’t sure what you should do next, it all starts with a simple consultation. The legal team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is ready to fight for the compensation you deserve. We will be the legal experts you need on your side. You don’t need to handle your catastrophic injury case on your own. You can contact us today for a free consultation so that you can understand your options.
To learn more about working with Georgetown lawyers, call 1-800-333-9999 for your catastrophic injury case review.