Begin Your Case With a Proven Catastrophic Injury Law Firm
Catastrophic injuries can arise from any form of accident, leading to death or permanent disability. The main characteristic of a catastrophic injury is it permanently impairs someone from engaging in gainful work again. It completely upends your and your family’s life. Even where you can recover, the road is often long and difficult. An Indiana catastrophic injury lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help.
If you or your loved one suffered from such injuries due to someone else’s negligence, you deserve compensation to help you to meet the trials ahead.
We charge no upfront fees for our legal services and only take payment if we secure monetary compensation on your behalf. Call us at 800-333-9999 at any time to speak to one of our dedicated Indiana catastrophic injury lawyers and set up a free consultation.
We Represent Injured Accident Victims Across Many Categories. Some Personal Injury Cases We Handle Include:
- Accidents With Trucks or Commercial Vehicles
- Injuries & Wrongful Death Involving Driver Negligence (cell phone use, DUI)
- Accidents With Uninsured Motorists
- Whiplash Injury Accidents
- Airbag Deployment Accidents
- Takata Air Bag Recalls
- Motorcycle Accident Injuries
- Ridesharing: Lyft & Uber Accidents
- Bicycle Accident Injuries
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Pedestrians Hit By a Vehicle
- Head-On Collisions
- Rear-End Collisions
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Getting the Legal Perspective on Car Accidents – Audio Interview
Car accident lawyer Darryl Isaacs — The Hammer — sat down to address legal and safety considerations when injured from a car crash in a recent radio episode of “Ask The Hammer,” the podcast exploring the legal matters that matter most. There are many elements at play when knowing what to do after a car accident. Listen to the episode directly below.
Our Accident Law Firm Will Get Started on Your Case Immediately By:
- Listening to your story
- Answering your questions
- Advising you what to do next
- Investigating the accident scene and all other evidence related to your claim
- Reviewing medical records, police reports, and all documents
- Determining which parties are liable for your injury
- Meeting with insurance adjusters
- Helping you file your claim
- Demanding a just settlement for all of your medical treatment and damages
What Damages Can a Catastrophic Injuries Attorney Recover?
Compensation can never be equal to the life you had before your injuries, but it can help in this difficult transition period. It can offset accumulating hospital bills or lost wages.
Here are just a few of the damages our lawyers can recover on your behalf.
- Medical expenses: Following a catastrophic injury, you will likely have bills from hospitals and doctors’ offices.
- Pain and suffering: Also known as non-economic damages, these are meant to compensate you for intangible costs due to your injury, such as the physical pain and trauma you experienced and may live with.
- Rehabilitation expenses: Therapy, medical devices, and medications meant to improve your condition all fall into this category.
- Lost income: Your injury may keep you from working while you recover. You can receive compensation for this time missed from work.
- Loss of future earning capacity: If your injuries are so severe that they keep you from returning to work, you can claim damages for the inability to earn.
- Home and vehicle modifications: If you’ve been left with disabilities that limit your mobility or physical ability, you can receive compensation for changes to your home and car.
In the unfortunate event of a catastrophic injury taking a loved one’s life, our lawyers can fight for their surviving family members to get:
- Compensation for past medical costs and funeral expenses, administration costs, and any legal fees
- Loss of consortium, mentorship, and companionship
Our attorneys can review the details of your case and determine a fair settlement value in your catastrophic injury case.
How Much Does a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Cost?
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we work on a contingency-fee basis. This means that you only pay us if we win or settle your case. Our goal is to help victims of catastrophic injuries without placing another undue financial burden.
Build Your Case With A Top Rated Accident LawyerIf you need immediate assistance with a vehicle accident or personal injury, call our team now at 800-333-9999 to begin your free case review and schedule an initial consultation to get legal advice. Our law firm represents injured victims across many categories. Some popular cases our accident attorneys handle include:
- Big Truck and Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Product Liability Cases
Let a Personal Injury Lawyer Help You
Attaining compensation after sustaining catastrophic injuries in an accident can be a difficult legal battle. It requires preparation, analysis of events before and after the accident, compiling evidence, and turning that into a legal case.
This is not something most people would want to handle by themselves, especially after experiencing life-threatening injuries.
In a time like this, it is important that you focus on your recovery. Finding your new normal after such a catastrophic accident may take time. That’s where our lawyers can come in. Let them take care of the legal issues while you and your family recover in peace.
How a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Can Help
When you partner with a personal injury lawyer, they can assist you by doing the following:
- Assess your case
- Give you insightful direction and guidance
- Simplify the legal process
- File the necessary paperwork in a timely manner
- Negotiate with the defendant’s legal team
- Represent your interests in trial
Our legal team is here to help and guide you through these difficult times. We can answer any questions you may have. Our goal is your physical well-being and financial recovery.
Statute of Limitations in Personal Injury Cases
IC § 34-11-2-4 states that you generally have two years to file for compensation against catastrophic injuries from the day of the incident. If you are filing against a city or country, you have 180 days. Otherwise, you have 270 days if your case is against the state government agency.
While two years may seem like a lot of time, it’s important not to delay. You need to take the right course of action within the provided time frame to get the compensation you deserve. Your attorney will need that time to build as strong a case as possible for you and your family.
Causes of Catastrophic injuries
Catastrophic injuries can arise from any accident depending on the injury’s impact on the victim’s life. The recovery time could potentially be years and involve expensive medical and rehabilitation costs.
From the U.S. Department of Labor, any injury that would lead to one of the following effects in your life can be categorized as catastrophic:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Internal organ damage
- Severe burns
- Severe bone fractures
- Spinal injuries
Catastrophic injuries can arise from:
- Traffic collisions: These are among the main causes of catastrophic injuries.
- Construction site accidents: For both workers and passersby, construction sites can be dangerous areas. Falling debris, malfunctioning equipment, or negligent use of construction vehicles can lead to serious injuries.
- Slip and fall accidents: While common, they shouldn’t be brushed aside as simple accidents; someone may be liable.
You deserve compensation if you or your loved one have been wrongfully injured due to someone else’s negligence.
Contact a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Today
If you or your loved one has had an accident in Indiana that resulted in catastrophic injuries, contact our lawyers for a free case evaluation. Our team, led by Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs, has over 400 years of combined experience, and we have recovered over $1 billion in settlements for our clients.
You shouldn’t wait. We’re ready to fight on your behalf for compensation. Contact us today to start on the path toward financial recovery. We are a phone call away.
To learn more about working with our Indiana lawyers, call 1-800-333-9999 for your no-cost catastrophic injury case review.