Build Your Case With A Crawfordsville Personal Injury Lawyer
If you were seriously injured in an accident, you may be interested in learning more about what legal options may be available.
With help from a Crawfordsville personal injury lawyer at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, you can secure compensation for your suffering. Start working on your injury claim in Crawfordsville today when you call our office for a free consultation.
Injury Claims We Handle in Crawfordsville, IN
Common accidents we handle in Crawfordsville include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Boat accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Tractor accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Defective product accidents
- Work accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Dog bites
- Premises liability claims
Our team may be able to help you even if your accident is not on the above list.
We Help You Fight for Compensation
When calculating the value of your claim, we will be sure to account for every single loss. Since you have the right to be made whole, we will need to take an inventory of your economic and non-economic damages. Economic and non-economic damages refer to the ways your life has been affected by your injuries.
Economic damages account for your financial losses, while non-economic damages cover the impact on your life. Since non-economic damages do not have a standard monetary value, it will be up to your attorney to ensure that you are compensated accordingly.
We can help you fight for the following and more:
- Lost quality of life
- Loss of income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
What We Will Do for Your Case
Hiring a lawyer is a big decision. We want you to feel as comfortable as possible when working with us. When you enlist our help, we can do the following for you:
To hold another party responsible for your injuries, we must prove the following elements of negligence:
- Duty of care: A person’s duty of care depends on the situation. For example, drivers must operate their vehicles safely to avoid injuring others. A property owner has a duty to keep their premises safe.
- Breach of duty: The person or party in question acted in a way that breached their duty. Examples of a breach could include driving under the influence, failing to fix a hazard on their property, misdiagnosing a patient, or allowing a dangerous dog to remain at large.
- Causation: The other party’s breach must have caused the accident and your injuries.
- Damages: You must have suffered damages, such as medical bills, lost wages, or pain and suffering.
Identify the Liable Party
Our team will identify all liable parties in your case. Depending on your type of accident, your liable party may include:
- Negligent drivers
- Property owners
- Dog owners
- Medical professionals
- The City of Crawfordsville
- The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT)
- Other municipalities
- Other government agencies
- Auto parts manufacturers and designers
- Auto dealerships
- Maintenance technicians
These are just a couple of examples of who could share liability depending on the type of accident or incident you were involved in. You can find out more about who could be at fault for your injury when you discuss the details of your case further with your attorney.
Various pieces of evidence can support your injury claim in Crawfordsville. As your attorney investigates the cause of your accident, they will gather the evidence needed to support your case. Some of the more common types of evidence obtained in personal injury cases include:
- Police reports
- Crash reports
- Safety inspection reports
- Blackbox data
- Accident reconstruction reports
- Medical records
- Photos of your injuries
- Video of the accident
- Expert testimony
- Eyewitness statements
Negotiate with the Insurer
The other party’s insurer may offer you a settlement shortly after the accident occurs. We recommend that you don’t accept a settlement without first running it by our team. You may not know all the damages you could recover and might leave thousands on the table.
Our team will investigate your accident and determine the value of your case. If the value of your case is higher than the settlement offer you received, our team will fight for a higher settlement.
Indiana Personal Injury Laws That Could Affect Your Injury Claim in Crawfordsville
If you are attempting to seek justice through a personal injury claim, several Indiana laws could affect your Crawfordsville injury settlement. Some of the most important personal injury laws you need to be aware of include:
- The statute of limitations for personal injury cases in Indiana is generally just two years, per IC § 34-11-2-4. This law requires you to file your lawsuit before the two-year statute of limitations expires, or risk being barred from financial recovery.
- The state of Indiana follows a modified comparative negligence system with a 51% bar rule. This means your portion of liability cannot exceed 50% if you hope to recover compensation for your damages. You can also expect your injury settlement to be reduced in proportion to your percentage of liability. For example, if you were 10% responsible for your injuries, you can expect your injury settlement to reflect a 10% shared fault deduction.
- Indiana is a fault state for car accidents. This means after an accident, you will need to file a claim with the liable party’s insurance provider if you hope to obtain compensation.
Common Injuries We See
Accidents can lead to all types of serious injuries. We regularly handle cases involving the following:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Paralysis (quadriplegia, paraplegia)
- Neck and back injuries
- Herniated discs
- Traumatic brain injuries, such as a concussion
- Internal bleeding
- Organ failure
- Broken and fractured bones
- Emotional injuries, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Call Our Team Today to Learn How a Crawfordsville Injury Lawyer Can Help You
If you suffered injuries in Crawfordsville, do not hesitate to schedule a no-cost, risk-free consultation with Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers. Give our office a call to see how our injury lawyers can help you.