Bicycles may be among the healthiest and greenest ways to get around, but cycling can be dangerous, especially on busy roads. Accident victims who survive these crashes are usually left with severe injuries.
If you have been involved in a bicycle accident in Fishers, you might be entitled to monetary compensation from the at-fault party. A bicycle accident lawyer could help you pursue a claim.
How a Fishers Bicycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You
If you were riding your bike on the road and got involved in an accident, you’re most likely hurt, facing expensive medical bills, and wondering what to do next. The situation can even be more stressful if you cannot work due to your injuries. While you might be entitled to compensation, filing a successful personal injury claim can be long, complex, and stressful, especially when injured.
Furthermore, the insurance providers are primarily concerned with reducing their liability, meaning you may have to negotiate and fight for fair compensation. Do you want to do this while you’re still nursing injuries from the crash? Hiring a bicycle accident lawyer can remove this immense burden from your shoulders and give you the time and space to recover.
Lawyers understand the policies and laws around accidents in Fishers. They also know all the rules and regulations that control the claims process and have experience negotiating with insurance providers. With a legal team by your side, your chances of getting maximum compensation for your damages can increase.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Fishers, call 800-333-9999
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents in Fishers
Cyclists are involved in road crashes every year for a variety of reasons, including:
- Defective Bicycles: If you buy a defective bicycle, some crucial component may lock up or fail while on the road, causing you to lose control and crash.
- Inattentive Drivers: Bicycles are hard enough to spot. A driver focusing on their phone, food, or talking to passengers may not see or avoid hitting a cyclist.
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI): Intoxicated drivers have a significantly slower reaction time. They may be unable to spot a bicycle in their intoxicated state, and even if they do, they may not react in time. Intoxicated cyclists can cause bicycle and car accidents.
- Bad Weather Conditions: Rain, fog, and snow could make it quite difficult for drivers to spot bicycles on the road, especially if the cyclists aren’t wearing any reflective material.
- Road or Sidewalk Defects: Uneven paths, cracks, chips, and potholes in the sidewalk or road could cause a cyclist to lose control of their bicycle, causing an accident.
- Runaway Pets: Although it’s not common, dogs have been known to chase or even attack cyclists, causing them to lose control and crash by the roadside.
Deciding who exactly to sue after a bicycle crash can be a challenge. Everyone on the road has a responsibility or duty of care to fellow road users. This is a legal obligation to refrain from behavior that could cause physical injury or property damage to other motorists. If a motorist breaches this duty and their negligent or reckless actions cause an accident, they can be held responsible for the accident.
For instance, if a driver was texting or distracted from the road and their actions led to an accident, they might be liable. Similarly, you can sue the local government if you crash due to poorly maintained roads or a pet owner if a dog attacked you, making you lose control and crash. Sometimes, the liable party could be a restaurant owner if a sign left on the sidewalk tripped you, causing a collision.
You can also sue multiple parties if more than one road user was responsible for the accident. A lawyer can help you identify the party or parties responsible for your crash, whether it’s a reckless driver, an inattentive pet owner, or a local authority in charge of maintaining roads. Your attorney can study your case and advise you on the best legal option.
Fishers Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Damages You Can Get After a Bicycle Accident in Fishers
The following are some of the damages you could receive after a bicycle accident in Fishers:
- Current and future medical treatment costs, including emergency treatment, transportation, doctor visits, and prescription medication
- Therapy and rehabilitation
- Scarring, disfigurement, and loss of limbs
- Physical pain and emotional anguish
- Lost wages and loss of income
- Legal fees
- Wrongful death, including the deceased’s medical bills, funeral costs, and burial expenses
Ideally, you might be entitled to receive compensation for how the crash disrupted your life. Since most personal injury lawyers don’t charge any upfront fees and costs, you only pay your lawyers after getting the compensation you deserve.
Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers for a Free Case Review
Have you been injured in a bicycle accident in Fishers? Have you lost a loved one in such an accident? Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you get the compensation you deserve. Our personal injury lawyers have a combined legal experience of over 400 years and have recovered $1 billion in settlements for our clients. Contact us today for a free case review.