Semi-trucks can cause devastating road accidents. If you were injured in an Edgewood semi-truck crash, you may be able to claim compensation. It can feel challenging to do this alone while you recover from the accident. Our semi-truck accident lawyer serving Edgewood will help you fight for the financial recovery you need.
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can offer you legal representation. Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and the rest of our team can advise you on your next steps after a crash.
Our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Edgewood Can Handle Your Case
Victims of semi-truck accidents have a right to hold the at-fault party liable for their injuries and damages. You don’t have to do this on your own. Our truck accident lawyer serving Edgewood understands the stress you’re under. We can make the legal process less of a burden by handling your case for you.
To build your case, we will:
- Review your case and help you understand your legal options
- Advise you on how to protect your case
- Fight for compensation on your behalf
- Work with professionals, such as accident reconstruction experts, to investigate the cause of the accident
- Determine the liable party
- File a lawsuit or an insurance claim for you
- Gather evidence, like medical records, police reports, expert testimonies, witness testimonies, video footage, pictures, etc., to support your case
- Determine the estimated amount of all your damages, including future expenses
- Negotiate for a fair settlement
Our team of in-house litigators will use our experience to fight for your rights. We have over 400 years of combined experience and we understand how to handle semi-truck collision cases like yours.
You Only Pay Us When We Win or Settle Your Case
Our semi-truck accident lawyers know how challenging the aftermath of vehicle collision can be for victims. We can help you seek justice without charging you any upfront fees or costs. We work on a contingency-fee basis, which means your payment to us will be a percentage of your financial award when we win or settle your case.
For a free legal consultation with a semi-truck accidents lawyer serving Edgewood, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in Semi-Truck Accident Cases
Semi-truck accidents can cause a range of losses. Victims of these accidents can end up with life-changing injuries, which are very expensive to treat and manage.
There are several damages you can claim to help you recover your losses and get monetary compensation. These could include:
- Past, present, and future medical bills
- Disfigurement or scarring
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Lost income and loss of future income
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Costs of the vehicle and home modifications
Our lawyer serving Edgewood will determine the total value of your case. We will calculate the cost of all your damages to help you reach a settlement that covers your losses.
Edgewood Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Statute of Limitations for Semi-Truck Accident Cases in Edgewood
You may decide to file a lawsuit to reach an outcome for your semi-truck accident case. When you file a lawsuit, you must meet the filing deadlines found in the statute of limitations. If you’re a victim of an accident in Edgewood, Kentucky, you have two years from the accident date to file a lawsuit, according to Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230.
If your loved one suffered fatal injuries in a semi-truck accident, you may file a wrongful death lawsuit. The statute of limitations, Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.180, says you have one year to file. Our attorneys will work with you to ensure the lawsuit is filed on time.
Possible Liable Parties in Semi-Truck Accidents in Edgewood
We need to know who is liable for the accident so we can help you seek compensation. Our team will investigate the details of your case to find out how the accident happened and who caused it.
Some of the liable parties in semi-truck accidents could include:
- The truck owner
- Semi-truck driver
- Trucking company
- Truck manufacturer
- The party leasing the truck
- Repair shop
- Another diver
In some cases, there can be more than one liable party. Our legal team will gather evidence to establish liability and take action against anyone responsible for the accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What To Do After a Semi-Truck Accident
There are several steps you should take after an accident. Depending on your condition after the crash, you should do the following:-
- Report the Accident: Call 911 while still at the scene. When the police arrive at the scene, they’ll collect evidence that we can use to help determine fault and support your case.
- Get Contact Information From the Other Drivers: Try to collect the driver’s name, contact, and insurance information at the scene. Also, the name and contact details of the trucking company will be useful.
- Gather Evidence: Collect any available evidence such as pictures of your injuries, pictures of damages to property, pictures of skid marks on the road, and witness contact information.
- Go to the Hospital: If you’re severely hurt, chances are that the paramedics will take you to the hospital. Regardless of the extent of your injuries, ensure you go to the hospital immediately after you leave the scene. A doctor can provide a treatment plan for you to follow.
- Contact Us Immediately: We can offer you legal guidance after your semi-truck accident.
Contact Our Legal Team for a Free Consultation
If you or your loved one is a victim of a semi-truck accident in Edgewood, you might have the right to claim compensation. At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we have recovered $1 billion in settlements for our clients. Let us handle your case.
Our legal team will manage your case from start to finish while defending your rights throughout the process. Contact our team today and get a free consultation.