If you were injured due to the reckless or negligent conduct of another, you may have the right to be compensated for your damages. However, when you are still recuperating from your injuries, dealing with the insurance company or bringing your case to court can seem overwhelming.
Fortunately, with help from a Paducah personal injury lawyer at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, you can spend your energy healing from your injuries while we fight to bring the liable party to justice.
Types of Damages You Can Recoup in a Paducah Personal Injury Case
Every personal injury case has its own facts, so how much you can recover is subjective to your circumstances. However, common forms of compensation victims qualify for are:
- Past and future medical bills: For the ambulance ride, diagnostic tests, hospitalization, medications, assistive medical equipment, surgeries, physical therapy, and follow-up care
- Lost income: For any regular wages, bonuses, tips, business opportunities, vacation days, and benefits you couldn’t earn while you were tending to your injuries
- Future loss of earning capacity: For any income you won’t be able to earn because your injuries are keeping you from going back to work
- Pain and suffering: For the pain and discomfort brought on by your injuries
- Property damage expenses: For your car that needs repair or total replacement if you were in a vehicle accident
- Mental anguish: For the mental toll that injuries and accident have taken on you
- Disfigurement: For the scarring your treatment or injuries have caused
If your loved one didn’t survive their related injuries, wrongful death damages you can pursue include:
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of household services
- Final medical care costs
Your lawyer will conduct a full review of your case and determine what your losses are. Then, they can put a price on each of them so that you can seek fair compensation.
What Happens When Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Takes Your Case
When you hire our personal injury lawyers serving Paducah, they will work for you on a contingency-fee basis, so they won’t take any payment unless and until they procure financial recovery for you.
While serving you on this arrangement, they will:
- Explain which laws apply to your case
- Compile evidence
- Prove the other party’s negligence
- Take phone calls, manage emails, and represent you during in-person meetings
- Handle settlement negotiations
- Argue your case before a jury, if need be
Your lawyer will always keep you in the loop and answer your questions right away. That way, you are always involved throughout your case.
What Others Who Chose Our Personal Injury Firm Have to Say
Our previous clients have shared their experiences. Take a look:
“Ultimately I selected Isaacs & Isaacs and was very pleased with my decision. From the initial contact through the entire process, their offices kept me abreast of the status of my case and what was to be expected… Overall, I am very pleased with the service I received.” —Jackie W.
“So far Isaacs and Isaacs has been a tremendous help for me….from the investigator, case manager,to my attorney EVERYBODY that has helped me is so very nice and respectful…” —Dawn O.
Our firm has been fighting for injury victims since 1993. Now, let’s get to work for you.
Following State Deadlines on Personal Injury Cases in Kentucky
If you and your lawyer decide that filing a lawsuit is the most suitable option for you, you must be aware of the deadlines that Kentucky imposes.
- General personal injury: Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.140(1) explains that you typically have one year to file.
- Vehicle accidents: More specifically, those who want to file a lawsuit if they were injured or their loved one died due to a vehicle accident have generally two years to take action, per Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230.
- Wrongful death: As Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.180 affirms, after the estate representative has been appointed or the date of the decedent’s passing, there is usually a one-year time frame to file suit.
Your lawyer can help you meet your corresponding deadline, but you have to inform that about your case soon. If you delay building and filing your case, you may no longer be permitted to hold the liable party accountable for your losses. In that event, you could run out of options for recovering damages.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases in Paducah, Kentucky
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we help clients who have been hurt in various circumstances, including:
- Car accidents
- Boat and watercraft accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Slip and fall accidents and other premises liability cases
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
Our team also helps those who have lost loved ones file wrongful death cases.
Common Injuries Suffered in Personal Injury Accidents
Types of injuries you might experience at the hands of another include:
- Facial injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Head, neck, and back injuries
- Soft tissue injuries, such as whiplash
- Compound fractures and broken bones
- Internal bleeding and organ failure
- Contusions, abrasions, and lacerations
- Herniated discs
These are just a few injuries you might experience in an accident or incident caused by someone else’s negligence. If you have been involved in a catastrophic accident and suffered another type of injury that was not listed above, our Paducah personal injury attorneys are ready to help.
Work With a Paducah Personal Injury Lawyer at Our Firm Now
After someone acted negligently and injured you in Paducah, a personal injury lawyer at our firm can help you hold them accountable. We can use our 400+ years of collective legal experience to pursue the most favorable outcome possible for you. Our attorneys have even won more than $1 billion in compensation for our clients.
Give Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers a call at 1-800-800-8888 today. Our team will provide you with a free consultation.