If your loved one passed away in Terre Haute, you may be eligible to bring a wrongful death claim. A Terre Haute wrongful death lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can handle your case for you.
Our personal injury firm has recovered $2 billion in settlements for our clients. Our attorneys will fight for the recovery that you and your loved one deserve.
Types of Wrongful Death Cases in Terre Haute That We Handle
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers handles several types of wrongful death cases in Terre Haute, including:
- Pedestrian accidents
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Slip and fall accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Defective drugs
- Workplace accidents
The event that led to your loved one’s passing is relevant. We will assign an attorney familiar not just with wrongful death cases but also the event that led to the wrongful death—like a car accident.
How Our Attorneys and Staff Will Assist With Your Wrongful Death Case
Our wrongful death clients receive full service from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers. We will do whatever your case requires of us.
In most instances, our services include:
Determining Liability for the Wrongful Death
When we file a wrongful death action, we do so because someone is responsible for the client’s loss. When we start your case, we will determine who those liable parties are.
Calculation of Losses
An attorney from our firm will determine the monetary value of your losses. We know that when you lose a loved one, money is the last thing from your mind. However, we must identify the cost of your damages to secure a fair recovery.
We will calculate the monetary value of:
- Economic losses
- Non-economic losses
Economic losses generally have a clear financial value and can include damages like lost earning power and funeral expenses. Non-economic losses have a less clear monetary value and include damages like pain and suffering. Our attorneys and paralegals will work hard to pinpoint an accurate case value. This value will reflect both current damages and future losses that you may experience.
Collection of Evidence
We will seek all evidence that is useful to your case, which may include:
- Video footage
- A police report
- Witness accounts
- Reconstructions of an accident
- Expert testimony
In every wrongful death case, our goal is to present the strongest possible argument on our client’s behalf. We seek convincing evidence that strengthens our case.
Documentation of Losses
Like evidence, strong documentation of your losses can mean a stronger overall case. Our attorneys and staff will seek proof of your damages, which may include:
- Medical bills and records
- The decedent’s most recent pay stubs
- Invoices for grief counseling, medications, and other treatments for your pain and suffering
- Testimony from experts and others who have witnessed your damages
We will work to create the most comprehensive case that we can. Proving your losses is a key aspect of your wrongful death case.
Your Terre Haute wrongful death lawyer will pursue a settlement. The settlement must cover your current and future losses and fit any other criteria specific to your case.
While we will patiently negotiate for a fair settlement, other options are always available—like going to trial.
In addition to these services, Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will defend your rights. We handle wrongful death cases in a way that also respects your loved one’s dignity.
What Attracts Wrongful Death Victims to Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers
Our clients choose us for a variety of reasons, including:
What Our Former Clients Say About Us
Praise from past clients speaks to our firm’s tireless work ethic:
- “John came to our house and went over the legal part of it thoroughly, quickly, but he always made it more about us. I would recommend them to anybody because they’re going to make sure that you’re protected. It just always felt like we were dealing with family instead of a legal process.” – Tammy S., former client
- “It was a pleasure to have the Isaacs & Isaacs team help me after being hit by a truck as I was walking to the market. They went above and beyond to help with all I went through.” – JoeAnn S., former client
We hope that you and your loved ones will join the ranks of satisfied former clients.
Our Case Results (Particularly in Wrongful Death Cases)
Our attorneys’ case victories prove that we deliver for our clients. Those recoveries include:
- $10 million in a fatal truck accident case
- $2.7 million in another fatal truck accident case
- $1.5 million in a fatal motorcycle accident case
We have secured many other judgments and settlements totaling more than $1 million. Once we identify the value of your case, we will not settle for anything less than you deserve.
Our Promise to Put Clients First
Our firm does not make promises that we can’t keep. Client service is always within our control, and we do our best to deliver a top-notch client experience. As a client, you should expect:
- Clear, prompt answers to your questions
- In-depth responses to any concerns that you have
- To have access to your attorney when you need to reach them
- Respect in every interaction with our firm
- To be able to focus on mourning your loss–we will handle your case
Wrongful death cases in Terre Haute are particularly sensitive. We know that those who lose a loved one need empathy and compassion, and we provide it.
Recoverable Damages in a Vigo County Wrongful Death Case
According to the journal Injury Prevention, the average medical cost of a fatal injury is $6,880. You may receive coverage for the decedent’s medical costs and other losses, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost companionship
- Lost financial protection
- Lost parental guidance
- Loss of the decedent’s value to their household
We will discuss your losses with you. Before we begin settlement negotiations, we’ll make sure to account for every damage.
Call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Today to Start Your Case in Terre Haute
Wrongful death cases take time and resources. We would like to begin your case as soon as possible. Call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers today for your free consultation.
Circumstances permitting, a wrongful death lawyer from our team will start your case following your consultation.