Accident victims should not suffer financial hardship because of another driver’s mistakes. If you sustained injuries in an accident that was not your fault, you deserve compensation for your losses. A Westfield car accident lawyer from our team can help you pursue awards for your medical bills and more.
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is ready to assist you with more than 400 years of combined legal experience. We know that physical healing and financial recovery are your top priorities. We can relieve your legal burden so you can focus on getting better.
We Will Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
According to the Indiana University Public Policy Institute, Hamilton County, home to Westfield, ranked 5th out of 92 counties in the state for most vehicle collisions in 2019. During that year, there were 12 fatal collisions and 993 injury accidents.
If you or a loved one were involved in a car accident in Westfield or the Indianapolis metropolitan area, our Indiana personal injury lawyers can help you seek monetary awards for your injuries and other damages, including:
- Past and future accident-related medical care, including:
- Emergency transportation and treatment
- Medications, medical devices, and mobility aids
- Long-term care services
- Medical travel expenses
- Lost wages and loss of future earning capacity
- Vehicle and personal property damages
- Household services
- Pain and suffering, including:
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of a bodily function
- Depression and anxiety
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If your loved one suffered a fatal injury, we can also help you seek wrongful death awards, including:
- Medical expenses
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of the deceased’s love and companionship
What Is the Value of Your Case?
Our attorneys can provide you with a case evaluation and help you understand more about the damages available to you. We have helped thousands of clients across Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky collectively recover more than $2 billion. Our successful settlements include multi-million-dollar car accident cases.
However, every car accident is different, and the awards you can pursue depend on factors unique to your case, including:
- The extent of your injuries and necessary medical treatment
- Your wages at the time of your accident
- The value of your vehicle and property damages
- The length of your recovery
- The impact of your accident on your quality of life
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Westfield, call 800-333-9999
Westfield Car Insurance Laws
Drivers in Indiana must be financially responsible for accidents they cause. According to the Indiana Department of Insurance, drivers must have a minimum of:
- $25,000 in bodily injury coverage for injuries to one person
- $50,000 in bodily injury coverage for injuries to two or more people
- $25,000 in property damage coverage
We can help you seek compensation through a liability insurance claim. However, unless the responsible driver carries additional protection, the insurance company may not pay more than the above minimums, even if your damages exceed these amounts.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
Unless rejected in writing, newly written Indiana auto insurance policies must also include coverage in the above amounts for accidents involving uninsured or underinsured motorists. Therefore, if the driver who caused your crash does not have coverage or does not carry enough insurance to pay for your damages, we can help you seek a settlement with your insurance provider.
Do Not Wait Too Long to Get Started on Your Claim
It is a good idea to file an insurance claim as soon as possible following your accident. While our lawyers will make every attempt to settle your case outside of civil court, a lawsuit may be necessary to secure the awards you need.
Indiana’s statute of limitations typically allows two years to file a personal injury case, according to IC § 34-11-2-4, and two years to sue for wrongful death, according to IC § 34-23-1-2. Our lawyers can tell you about conditions that affect these deadlines.
Westfield Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Who Is Responsible for Your Damages?
Our team has assisted clients with a variety of vehicle accident cases, including:
- Collisions involving large trucks and commercial vehicles
- Motorcycle accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Lyft & Uber accidents
- Rollover crashes
- Side-impact collisions
- Accidents involving pedestrians and bicyclists
- Airbag deployment accidents
Our Westfield car accident lawyers will work tirelessly to gather evidence, locate and interview witnesses, and build a case proving someone else’s actions caused your accident and resulting losses. Potentially liable parties may include:
- Negligent or reckless drivers: If a driver did not operate their vehicle with a reasonable duty of care or deliberately engaged in dangerous driving behavior, they may be financially responsible for your crash. In addition, if the driver was operating a commercial vehicle or driving under the scope of their employment, their employer may also bear liability.
- Manufacturers: Automakers and vehicle parts manufacturers are liable for defective products. If a faulty airbag, blown tire, or other vehicle problem contributed to your crash, we can help you seek compensation from the manufacturer.
- The owner of the roadway: The party responsible for the road where your accident occurred, be it a private owner or government entity, may be liable for your crash if a lack of maintenance, unsafe design, or another roadway issue caused your crash.
Indiana’s Contributory Fault Law
What if your crash is partially your fault? For instance, say a driver pulled out in front of you while on their cell phone, but you were speeding. According to IC § 34-51-2-5, your compensation will be reduced by the percentage of fault you are assigned.
Using the above example, if the court awards you $100,000 but decides you were 20 percent at fault for the accident, your payout will be reduced by 20 percent, so you will receive $80,000.
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help at No Upfront Cost to You
Our team is here to help you seek justice. We know you are under enough financial pressure, so our services cost you nothing out of pocket. We only collect a fee if we settle or win your car accident case. To learn more about how we can serve you, call for a free consultation.