Trucks are a vital part of our economy, but when they are involved in accidents, the results can be catastrophic. If you were the victim of a truck accident, you could be left suffering and wondering what to do next. Thankfully, you have legal options.
Depending on the circumstances surrounding your accident, you could qualify for compensation by filing a claim or a lawsuit. A Shelbyville truck accident lawyer with Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you learn more about which legal routes you can take.
The Benefits of Hiring a Truck Accident Lawyer With Our Firm
During a particularly difficult and stressful time in your life, knowing that you have legal support can help bring you comfort and allow you to focus on your recovery. If this is your first time filing a claim or lawsuit, our lawyers can help explain every step of the process and answer any questions that may come up along the way.
You can also rely on them to:
- Collect evidence
- Deal with all correspondence with other involved parties
- Name the liable parties
- Calculate the full extent of your past and future damages
- Pursue fair compensation during settlement negotiations
- Bring your truck crash case before a jury if they cannot settle your case
It’s best to contact our firm sooner rather than later, as the state puts in place time restraints for filing lawsuits. According to IC § 34-11-2-4, you generally have two years to bring a personal injury lawsuit. If you wait too long to take action, you may be out of options to recover compensation. However, getting a truck accident attorney on our team involved in your case now helps ensure you meet the deadline.
Our Truck Accident Attorneys Will Work for You on Contingency-Fee Basis
Retaining Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers’ services will help alleviate some of the financial pressure you’re experiencing in the aftermath of a truck accident. Our attorneys will take your case for a contingency fee, meaning we will not charge you any fees or costs:
- By the hour
- Out of pocket
- For retainers
We will deduct our payment from the financial award we secure for you when we resolve your case. If we cannot reach a settlement or verdict, we won’t ask for anything.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Shelbyville-IN, call 800-333-9999
Compensation for Shelbyville Truck Accident Victims
We cannot say which losses you can recover until we review your case. However, generally speaking, truck accident victims could qualify for several types of compensation, such as:
- Past and upcoming medical bills
- Property damage costs
- Lost income and benefits
- Mental anguish
- Future loss of earning power
- Pain and suffering
Tragically, some people don’t survive their truck crash injuries. If that was the case for your family member, you may have options for compensation. Some damages you can collect include burial and funeral costs, final medical bills, and loss of consortium.
Shelbyville-IN Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents are more common than you might expect. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), there were about 500,000 fatal crashes involving large trucks in 2019 alone.
Because truck accidents can involve many different parties, sometimes sorting out the exact causes of an accident can be difficult. Some of the potential causes of your accident may have included one or more of the following:
- Dangerous road conditions: Sometimes, dangerous conditions on the road like snow, rain, ice, or sleet cause accidents. Truck drivers should be trained on how to drive in difficult conditions and when to stay away from the highway.
- Impairment: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is illegal and dangerous. If an impaired driver was involved in your accident, they could be legally liable.
- Speeding: Any speeding vehicle is dangerous, but because trucks have a great deal of mass and momentum, they can be particularly destructive in an accident.
- Inexperience: Truck drivers should go through proper training to ensure they are ready for the road. However, sometimes trucking companies don’t properly vet or train their employees.
- Mechanical failure: Trucks are required to undergo regular maintenance checks, and missed appointments can lead to an unsafe vehicle on the road.
- Improperly secured load: Unevenly distributed weight can even affect the way truckers drive on the road.
- Failure to obey traffic law: If a truck driver ran a light, ran through a stop sign, or broke any other traffic law, they could be on the hook for your accident.
If you think someone else was at fault for your truck accident and suffering, your case may qualify for compensation. However, you are required to prove liability to recover damages.
Proving Liability in a Shelbyville Truck Accident Case
Some types of evidence to help point to the responsible party in your truck accident include:
- Traffic camera video
- Medical records
- The crash report
- Black box information
- Employee logbooks
- Truck maintenance records
- Witness testimony
Then, you can apply this evidence to the theory of negligence. This theory consists of:
- Duty of care: The other party was to act with care and prudence.
- Breach of duty: They failed to uphold their duty of care.
- Causation: As a result of their negligence, they caused an accident and your injuries.
- Damages: Your injuries have led to financial and non-financial suffering.
You must prove that the other party was negligent to secure compensation.
Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Today for Assistance
Since 1993, our team has recovered over $1 billion for our injury clients. Now is the time to help you. If you are ready to fight for compensation after a truck accident in Shelbyville, Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is here to guide you.
Call today to start your journey towards a better tomorrow. The first call is free and comes at no obligation.