If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident, the trucking company and driver could be liable for your losses. A New Castle truck accident lawyer at our firm can help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
At Issacs & Issacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we understand the emotional, financial, and physical toll a truck accident can take. Let us talk to the insurance company and handle the legal case so you can focus on recovering and spending time with your family after a serious wreck.
Isaacs & Isaacs Provides Full Service for Truck Accident Victims
By choosing our personal injury firm, you will receive the following benefits:
- Free consultations: We give you a free consultation where we discuss the accident to better understand your case.
- No upfront fees or costs: We do not charge any fees or costs until we reach a fair settlement or win at trial.
- We have an in-house litigation team that can represent you in the court system.
- We have Spanish-speaking attorneys and paralegals on staff.
We manage your case from beginning to end, retrieving evidence, communicating with insurance companies, negotiating a settlement, and even representing you at trial if needed. Our goal is to get you the full compensation you deserve after a serious truck accident.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving New Castle, call 800-333-9999
Our Truck Accident Lawyers Get Results
Our attorneys have over 400 years of combined legal experience. We have recovered over a billion dollars for clients in past case victories. Some of our past case victories for truck accident victims include:
- $10 million for the family of a man killed when a semi-truck crossed the center line and struck his vehicle.
- $5.525 million for a woman rear-ended by a tanker truck.
- $3.65 million for a woman hurt when a semi-truck pulled in front of her vehicle.
New Castle Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Types of Damages You Can Recover in a Truck Accident Case
The value of your case comes down to the injuries and losses you suffered because of the truck accident. Recoverable damages you could be compensated for after a truck accident include:
- Medical costs: Including doctor’s visits, ambulance and emergency room costs, medications, transportation to medical appointments, and hospital stays.
- Rehabilitation costs: If you need physical therapy, occupational therapy, or other rehabilitative treatments, the expense can be included in your claim.
- Future medical costs: If your injuries require future medical visits, you can include future medical costs in your claim. Our truck accident attorneys can assist in determining the value of future medical costs.
- Lost income: If you have to be out of work while recovering from the accident, you can include lost wages in your injury claim.
- Diminished earning capacity: If your injuries are severe enough to where you cannot return to work in the same capacity, or at all, you could include lost earning capacity with your losses.
- Pain and suffering: Noneconomic losses are recoverable after a truck accident to compensate you for the considerable pain and suffering you experienced because of the accident.
If you lost a loved one in a truck accident, you could recover compensation for funeral and burial expenses, medical bills, lost wages from the deceased, and other losses.
A New Castle truck accident lawyer from our firm can help you pursue the full amount of damages you and your family deserve.
How Long Do I Have to File a Truck Accident Claim?
According to IC § 34-11-2-4, you have 2 years from the date of the truck accident to file a claim. It is important to talk to a New Castle truck accident attorney as soon as possible so we can make sure you meet this filing deadline. Once the deadline has passed, you may not be able to recover compensation for your losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Causes Truck Accidents?
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration establishes rules that trucking companies and drivers must follow to reduce the number of truck accidents. Although these rules are in place, accidents still happen. Causes of truck accidents include:
- Blind spots: Trucks on the road have several blind spots, and drivers should check them and maneuver cautiously, especially when changing lanes or turning.
- Driver fatigue: Truck drivers are sometimes under pressure to get their deliveries done on time. Because of this, some violate federal hours of service regulations, which can cause fatigue and increase the risk of a wreck.
- Impaired drivers: Truck drivers being impaired by drugs or alcohol significantly increases the risk for accidents.
- Distracted driving: Cell phone use, eating, and other distractions can cause a driver to be less focused on the road, increasing the risk of an accident.
- Aggressive driving: Driving over the speed limit, following too closely, or participating in road rage can cause accidents.
- Faulty maintenance: Trucking companies and drivers may not keep up with vehicle maintenance, which can have devastating consequences.
Liable Parties in a Truck Accident Case
If a truck driver caused your accident, the truck carrier could still be vicariously liable. Some carriers may even directly contribute to the wreck if they hire unqualified drivers, pressure drivers to violate safety regulations, or fail to maintain the vehicle.
Our truck accident lawyers help injured people in New Castle sort out complicated liability concerns. Some parties that may be liable include:
- Truck driver
- Truck carrier
- Mechanics and others responsible for maintenance
- Truck manufacturers
Call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Today for a Free Consultation
Our attorneys are ready to help. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, the New Castle truck accident attorneys at our firm can help. We will advocate for you to receive the maximum amount of compensation you deserve.
Contact us by calling 1-800-800-8888 to get a free case review.