One of the most troubling things about a concussion is that it shows no outward symptoms. You may have walked away from the accident scene and experienced headaches but chalked it up as regular post-accident trauma. Yet, in the days that followed, you may have experienced excessive fatigue, trouble speaking, and issues remembering things.
You shouldn’t have to navigate the post-concussion aftermath alone. You deserve to have help when seeking the recovery you need. That’s where partnering with a Kentucky concussions injury lawyer could benefit you.
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is committed to recovering the cost of your damages. We offer free case evaluations and charge no upfront fees or costs.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Injury Team?
Nothing. Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will take your case on a contingency-fee-basis. Our attorney’s fees are contingent on our firm winning compensation for your losses. There are no upfront fees or costs when you partner with us. Just a commitment to your case’s outcome.
We Advocate for People Following These Accidents in Kentucky
According to the Mayo Clinic, a concussion is usually caused by a blow to the head. This causes the brain to move around inside the skull, disrupting its usual function. Concussions can happen because of:
- Motor vehicle accidents involving trucks, buses, motorcycles, and cars
- Falls and other premises liability incidents
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
- Medical malpractice
They can also happen due to blunt force trauma, sporting accidents, and other situations. If your concussion happened because of another party’s negligence, we encourage you to consider your legal options. With our team’s help, you could recover damages for your medical expenses and other necessary care costs.
How a Concussion Injuries Lawyer in Kentucky Can Help You
Brain injuries, including concussions, can cause physical pain, lifelong effects, and financial strain. Treatment for concussion injuries can include surgery, medications, and more. You shouldn’t have to pay for these losses if another party caused your condition.
You have already suffered enough; we encourage you to entrust us with your personal injury case. With us on your side, we will:
- Calculate your financial losses
- Investigate the cause(s) of the accident
- Communicate with insurance companies and other lawyers on your behalf
- Ensure that you meet all appropriate legal deadlines
- Represent you in court
- Establish negligence
- Negotiate with the liable insurer
- Answer questions about your case
Having a lawyer in your corner can make a huge difference as you recover. With our team advocating for you, you’ll have the opportunity to attend doctors’ appointments, spend time with your loved ones, and focus on your health.
The Statute of Limitations for Your Concussion Injury Case in KY
One very important factor for anyone considering a lawsuit is its filing deadline. This deadline has a name: the statute of limitations. How long you have to file your case depends on the cause of your concussion.
Consider the following:
- If you were hurt in a motor vehicle accident, you generally have two years to file your lawsuit, per Ky. Rev. Stat. §304.39-230. This begins from the date of your collision or your last personal injury protection (PIP) insurance payment.
- If you suffered harm in another incident, you could have one year to file, per Ky. Rev. Stat. §413.140(1).
Some concussions can lead to fatal outcomes. We know the statute of limitations is the last thing on your mind if you lost a loved one. Still, knowing the deadline is critical to your wrongful death case’s outcome.
You generally have one year to file your case––although in some instances, you may have up to two years. Our team can discuss your case’s filing deadline in more detail when you connect with us.
What Damages Can I Claim as Part of My Concussion Injury Case?
Concussion victims can claim a wide range of damages, depending on the severity of their injuries. These damages include, but are not limited to:
- Emergency medical care
- Hospital visits
- Lost wages
- Ongoing healthcare costs
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Wrongful death costs, such as funeral fees
A Kentucky concussion injuries attorney can clarify what damages you can claim and how much they’re worth. Each case is unique––all with different monetary values. We encourage you to save all receipts and other documentation, so your lawyer can determine what you need.
How Much Can I Recover After a Concussion?
How much you can recover depends on your situation. There is no standard value for these types of cases. We will aim for a settlement that accounts for:
- The time you missed from work
- The severity of your condition
- Your present quality of life
- Your relationships with others
- Whether you can work in the future
- Any long-term disabilities
Attorney Darryl “the Hammer” Isaacs and his team have recovered billions for injured people––many of which were traumatic brain injury claimants. We’re eager to secure the funds you need now.
Know the Symptoms of a Concussion
The following is not intended to serve as medical advice. However, we understand that concussions don’t always show symptoms right away––and some symptoms aren’t always obvious.
If you experience any of the following symptoms after suffering harm, we encourage you to visit a healthcare provider. We also encourage you to consider consulting with our team. While your doctor will manage your physical recovery, we’ll focus on your financial recovery.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) lists the signs of concussions:
- Physical symptoms: Headaches, ringing ears, vomiting, fatigue, and blurred vision
- Mental symptoms: Confusion, amnesia, dizziness, and lightheadedness
- Ongoing symptoms: Slurred speech, irritability, sensitivity to light, and depression
Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Today
Our firm is here to help you. If you or a loved one suffered a concussion because of another party’s negligence, contact us today for a free consultation. Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can answer your questions and fight for the best possible outcome.
To learn about partnering with a concussion injuries attorney in Kentucky, call today.