All drivers are vulnerable to accidents and injuries on the road. However, motorcyclists are at a greater threat since their motorcycle provides minimal protection. Should they get in an accident, they could suffer from catastrophic injuries that lead to lifelong impairments.
If you or a family member was hurt in a motorcycle accident, a Kentucky motorcycle accident lawyer with Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will manage your case from start to finish. We will seek compensation for your medical care costs, lost income, and other associated expenses.
Our Motorcycle Accident Law Firm Fights for Your Compensation
If you or a loved one is the victim of a motorcycle accident due to another driver’snegligence, you may be able to recoverdamages. Very often, our injured clients are eligible to seek compensation for:
- Past and expected medical bills: When your injuries require hospitalization, medications, lab tests, and surgeries
- Lost wages: When you miss work due to injuries
- Lost future income: When you can no longer continue your career
- Property damage: When you need to replace or repair your motorcycle
- Pain and suffering: When your injuries cause you intense, debilitating pain
- Mental anguish: When the trauma of the motorcycle accident takes a toll on your mental well-being
- Disfigurement: When your injuries change your mobility, cognition, or appearance
Sometimes, motorcyclists suffer fatal injuries in accidents. If you lost a loved one to their injuries, you can file a wrongful death lawsuit or insurance claim. You may request damages for funeral expenses, burial costs, end-of-life medical bills, as well as your loss of household services, consortium, and/or financial support.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Kentucky, call 800-333-9999
Bringing a Lawsuit Against the Party Responsible for Your Kentucky Motorcycle Crash
With few exceptions, Kentucky enforces a one-year statutory deadline for all motorcycle accident lawsuits, according to KRS 413.140. In other words, you generally have one year to file your case against the liable party. Failure to meet this deadline may give the court reason to dismiss your lawsuit. Should that happen, your options for financial recovery will be limited.
If you get Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers involved soon enough, we can work to ensure you meet all applicable deadlines.
Our co-founding attorney, Darryl Isaacs, and three other attorneys from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers (all bikers) review how motorcycle accident lawsuits work in this podcast episode ofAsk The Hammer. Listen below.
Kentucky Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Selecting Our Kentucky Motorcycle Accident Lawyers’ Legal Services
The stress of managing a motorcycle accident claim or lawsuit can take a toll on your recovery. In that case, you may want to consider retaining our legal services here at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers. While you put your energy and time towards getting better, we will be working out all aspects of your case, which typically involves:
- Ordering a copy of the accident report
- Putting together an evidence file
- Interviewing witnesses
- Studying state and local laws
- Identifying the party that caused your injuries
- Negotiating a settlement that covers your losses
- Taking on communication with all parties involved
- Filing your case in court if we cannot reach a settlement agreement
We will also provide you with frequent updates about how your case is progressing.
The Costs of Hiring Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers
Because we operate on a contingency-fee basis, there is no need to pay us any start-up, out-of-pocket, or hourly fees when you hire our firm. If your attorney settles or wins your case, they will collect their payment from that award. Otherwise, they will not take a fee or charge for costs.
With this fee arrangement, your financial state is considered. You don’t have a dime to lose when you work with us.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Personal Injury Attorneys Have Secured Over $2 Billion in Settlements and Verdicts
Our law firm has been representing injury victims since 1993. We have a team of attorneys with 400 years of collective experience. This experience and legal knowledge reflect in our past motorcycle accident case results:
- $1.5 million after an 18-year-old motorcyclist was killed after getting run over by a semi-truck
- $1.475 million settlement for a motorcyclist who sustained lifelong injuries, especially to the shoulder, after a corrugated piping flew from a semi-truck and struck him
- $1.025 million who suffered a right leg amputation, a traumatic brain injury, and fractured collarbone after a semi-truck pulled out in front of him
Every situation is unique, however. We will first review your case to tell you more about your case’s potential value. Either way, we will treat your case with the care and attention you deserve. Take a look at what our former clients said about this approach:
“They were efficient, kind and catered to my needs, they came to my house some 60 miles away when I could not travel. Thank you for getting everything back to normal after my accident.” – Joe P.
“Did a good job by keeping me informed of each process that was being made. I would use this firm again.” – Angela J.
How Motorcycle Crashes Typically Occur
Forms of negligence that may lead to motorcycle accidents include:
- Making a left-hand turn without seeing a motorcyclist in or approaching an intersection
- Running a red light or stop sign without checking for motorcycles
- Failing to yield the right-of-way to the motorcyclist when changing lanes
- Failing to check blind spots to see if a motorcyclist is coming
- Opening a car door without checking for oncoming traffic
- Following too closely to a motorcyclist
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or other drugs
Driver error might not have been the reason for your accident, though. To illustrate:
- A government agency may have failed to pick up road debris or properly design the road.
- A parts manufacturer could have developed faulty brakes, which led the driver to run into you.
- A mechanic failed to notice a problem with the at-fault driver’s vehicle, leading to the accident.
Keep in mind that a motorcycle accident could result from a combination of these factors.
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Is Here for You
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident in Kentucky, our injury attorneys are ready to fight for the compensation you are entitled to seek.
Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers today at 1-800-800-8888 for a free case evaluation.