A Greenwood wrongful death lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you hold the party responsible for your loved one’s death liable. For purposes of a wrongful death claim in Indiana, a wrongful act could be either an intentional act, like an assault, or an accident, like a car crash.
After experiencing a tragic event, like the unexpected death of a beloved family member, you should not have to fight a billion-dollar insurance corporation to get the money damages you deserve. Our clients get to focus on working through their grief and rebuilding their lives because they know our injury firm is handling their legal matters.
Find Out What Working With Our Lawyers Is Like
You probably would not get your car repaired or try a new restaurant without checking the reviews written by people who have been to these places. So, for something as important as choosing the right wrongful death lawyer for your case, testimonials from our clients can provide some much-needed information.
Here are just a few samples of our many five-star Google reviews:
- This team is amazing! Such wonderful people who truly care about you and your family. They fight extremely hard to get you the justice your family deserves. They did for my dad. I don’t believe anyone else could have done what they have done. C. Short
- Isaacs and Isaacs was so helpful and understanding of my situation every step of the way. Specifically, Mark and Todd fought for me and everything I needed & treated me like family. Couldn’t have gotten through this tough time without them! B. Ina
- I was in a bad accident a couple of years ago where I was t-boned out of nowhere. John Jones was my attorney and he explained everything to me all along the way. He was responsive to all my calls and really helped keep me calm during the process so that I could focus on getting better. I would not hesitate to call them again. K. Engle
- Cherry has been so helpful for me. She stays in touch and lets me know about everything going on and explains everything very well. I couldn’t ask for anyone better to represent me. Very sweet and talk in a sense that I can understand. I appreciate her more than anything!! Thank you for everything. W. Hunt
You will be in good hands when we handle your wrongful death claim. You can focus on dealing with your grief and loss and being there for your family. Our Greenwood wrongful death lawyer will take care of everything else.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Greenwood, call 800-333-9999
The Typical Settlement Amount for a Wrongful Death Claim
There is no typical or average settlement amount for a wrongful death claim in Indiana. Just like other types of personal injury cases, every wrongful death claim is unique. The facts of your situation will determine the damages you could pursue in your case.
IC 34-23-1-1 is the Indiana wrongful death statute. It provides that compensation in a successful wrongful death case can include the direct out-of-pocket expenses caused by your loved one’s death, such as the medical bills for the fatal wounds and the reasonable cost of the funeral and burial.
Also, money damages for wrongful death can include other things like:
- Loss of the love and companionship of the decedent
- Loss of the guidance in education the deceased person provided
- Loss of inheritance because of the untimely death
- Loss of the income and support the decedent provided to the legal beneficiaries
- Loss of anticipated increases in assets like the deceased person’s retirement account
- The emotional pain and suffering the survivors experienced because of the death of their loved one
In determining the dollar value of money damages like lost income, the decedent’s age, health, life expectancy, and earnings history will matter.
Greenwood Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Who Can Sue the Party Responsible for Your Loved One’s Death
The personal representative of the deceased person’s estate can file a wrongful death lawsuit. The estate will receive compensation for the medical bills, funeral costs, and burial expenses. The eligible dependents like a surviving spouse and children will receive the other compensatory portion of the award.
What to Do After a Loved One’s Wrongful Death
Everyone grieves differently after the loss of a beloved family member. No one should try to dictate how you come to terms with your emotional distress and suffering. We can, however, offer some guidance about steps you might want to take to protect your legal rights and the monetary value of your wrongful death claim.
- Connect with one of our wrongful death attorneys as soon as possible. Evidence can deteriorate or even disappear within a matter of days after a fatal accident. You might know who was guilty of causing the death of your loved one, but without evidence, you might not be able to prove it. A lawyer from our firm will collect all necessary evidence.
- Do not make a statement in any public setting about the event that led to the death of your close family member. People rarely know all the facts immediately. Your words could get used against you even if you were merely passing on information you received from others.
- Take care of yourself and your family. When you have our wrongful death lawyer handling your legal matters, you can focus on what really matters and let us fight your battles for you.
- Avoid confrontations or any other interaction with the likely defendant or their circle of family, friends, or coworkers.
Depending on your circumstances, there might be other steps you need to take as well.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Work With Our Greenwood Wrongful Death Lawyer for Your Case
You can contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers today to find out if you qualify for a wrongful death claim in Johnson County. We offer the initial consultation at no charge. If we take your case, we will handle it on a contingency-fee basis, which will mean that you do not pay any upfront legal fees or costs.
We will receive a previously agreed percentage of the proceeds when you win. If you don’t receive compensation, we do not get paid. Allow our firm to begin fighting for you and your family today.