Like any other driver on the road, rideshare drivers get into accidents too. These can be confusing for drivers, passengers, and third-party victims. A personal injury lawyer from our firm can answer all of your questions.
Rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft have become essential transportation services for millions of people, but these big companies can still be held accountable when they are responsible. If you were in an accident you didn’t cause, it’s your right to seek a financial settlement from the liable party. A Gary rideshare accident lawyer can provide legal assistance for your car accident case.
What Damages Can I Claim After a Rideshare Car Accident in Indiana?
Damages refer to the losses you experience because of your accident. These are typically broken up into two categories: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are the financial losses you experience. These often include:
- Medical bills
- Cost to replace or repair your property
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
Non-economic damages are more personal and difficult to calculate. These refer to your physical, mental, and emotional losses. They may include:
- Emotional and physical anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Reduced quality of life
- Physical impairment
Our team can help you determine what losses you may be eligible to claim.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accidents lawyer serving Gary, call 800-333-9999
How Can Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Help You?
As a victim of a rideshare accident, the last thing you should be bothered with is trying to negotiate with insurance companies for financial compensation. Instead, it would be best to focus on healing your body and replacing your damaged property. With that said, it may benefit you to enlist the services of a rideshare accident lawyer in Gary to handle the legal process.
The right lawyer has mastered the skills needed to get you fair compensation. Below is a list of tasks our firm will take on once we decide to work together. We will:
- Revisit the accident scene to look for evidence that might have been missed
- Gather all evidence to build a compensation claim case like medical records, police records, crash reports, eyewitness statements, etc.
- Approach the insurance company and present your claims case
- Represent you in court if your attorney decides to litigate
- Advise you on the best path to take as your case progresses
- Negotiate with the insurance company and defense lawyers
- Consult professionals such as accident reconstructionists to help determine an appropriate settlement or testify to the cause of your accident
Gary Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
What the Driver Was Doing at the Time of the Accident Matters
Getting a lawyer after a rideshare accident may be in your best interest because these cases are governed by a unique set of rules. Each rideshare app is different, so navigating Uber versus Lyft versus your personal insurance may be complicated. For example, the insurance premiums differ depending on what the rideshare driver was doing at the time of the accident.
Here are a few examples:
- If the rideshare driver accepted a ride and was carrying a passenger at the time of the accident, the insurance coverage typically covers $1 million in total damages per accident.
- If the rideshare driver was logged into the app and accepted a ride request but did not have a passenger at the time of the accident, the insurance coverage typically covers $1 million in physical injuries and property damages for the victim.
- If the rideshare driver wasn’t logged into the app at the time of the accident, the company wouldn’t be liable. The driver’s personal insurance company would likely be responsible.
- If the rideshare driver was logged into the app but had not yet accepted a ride, the insurance coverage would include a $25,000 maximum for property damage, a per accident limit of $100,000, and a physical injury limit of $50,000.
If you were a rideshare driver in the accident, you may have additional coverage options from your company.
Click to contact our Gary Personal injury lawyer today
What Is the Statute of Limitations to File a Claim After a Car Accident in Gary?
The Statute of Limitations is the time limit you have to file your case after an accident. Once this timeframe has passed, you will face significant challenges in resolving your case. In Gary, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is two years from the day of the accident per IC §34-11-2-4.
Additionally, insurance companies have policies that state the time limit you have to notify them of the accident. Failure to do so can result in the company using this against you in court. As your lawyers, we ensure all necessary paperwork is filed on time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Much does it Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Our firm works on a contingency fee basis for personal injury clients. This means we won’t charge you any upfront costs or fees. Once your case is won and settled, we receive a payment from the settlement, and the rest is yours.
While all rideshare accidents are different, most victims are left to deal with immense physical and financial problems. You deserve to have a rideshare accident attorney in Gary fighting for your right to compensation.
Most Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents
The majority of rideshare accidents happen as a result of someone’s negligence. Considering it’s the duty of every motorist to follow road safety protocols, you deserve financial compensation if another road user’s actions result in an accident.
The causes of rideshare accidents include but are not limited to:
- Distracted driving, e.g. texting, eating, navigating
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving while exhausted
- Reckless driving, e.g. running through red lights or tailgating
- Faulty vehicle parts
- Poorly built roads
- Driving through bad weather conditions
Partner Up with a Gary Rideshare Accident Attorney Today
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we’re here to relieve you or your loved one of the burden that comes with seeking compensation after a rideshare accident. Our law firm will take on any legal task necessary as you step back and focus on dealing with your physical and emotional injuries.
Being involved in an accident can be overwhelming. Let us help you fight for the compensation that can positively impact your life. If you or someone you love was a victim of a rideshare accident, contact our offices today and schedule a free case evaluation.
Call or text 800-333-9999 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form