Accident-related injuries can be emotionally, physically, and financially devastating for victims and their families. But a catastrophic injury can make the experience that much more painful. Per IC § 35-31.5-2-34.5, a catastrophic injury causes an exceptional amount of harm to a victim that is permanent and impacts their quality of life.
You and your family should not have to pay for someone else’s negligence, especially when that negligence causes a catastrophic injury. A Fort Wayne catastrophic injury lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you recover compensation and hold the negligent party accountable.
You Can Seek Compensation for Your Fort Wayne Catastrophic Injury
It’s hard to determine how much your catastrophic injury case may be. Our personal injury attorneys have successfully recovered a total of $2 billion in compensation for our clients, including those suffering from catastrophic injuries. We offer a free, no-obligation case review so we can evaluate the facts of your case and calculate your damages.
Some factors that can impact the amount of compensation you may be entitled to include:
- Your age at the time of the accident
- How the accident occurred
- The type and severity of your catastrophic injury
- How the catastrophic injury impacts and will continue to impact your life
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Fort Wayne, call 800-333-9999
Types of Damages Awarded in Catastrophic Injury Cases in Fort Wayne
You may be able to recover compensation for the following types of financial and non-financial damages:
- Current and future medical costs, including emergency care, surgeries, in-home care, medical devices, and medication
- Lost income and benefits during recovery
- Lost earning potential or career advancement due to disability
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Shortened life span
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Scarring, disfigurement, or amputation
Fort Wayne Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Determining Who is Responsible for Your Catastrophic Injury
In any personal injury case, we must identify the negligent party or parties that caused the accident that led to your injuries. To do this, we must prove that:
- The party owed you a duty of care.
- They breached this duty of care by acting negligently.
- Their negligence caused your accident.
- The accident caused your injuries.
Where and how the accident occurred affects who can be held responsible for your accident. For example, another driver may be held responsible for your car accident. Some parties who may be held accountable for their negligence and role in your accident include:
- Driver or another motorist
- Municipal agency
- Private company
- Pharmaceutical or another manufacturer
- Property owner
- Dog owner
A catastrophic injury attorney serving Fort Wayne can review the facts of your case and determine potential negligent parties from your accident.
You May Have Limited Time to Seek Compensation for Your Catastrophic Injury
Per IC § 34-11-2-4, you only have two years from the date of the accident that caused your catastrophic injury to file a personal injury lawsuit. However, this timeline may be different depending on your age at the time of the accident. Your lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you determine how long you have to file your lawsuit.
The process of collecting evidence, building a case, and filing a suit is complex and time-consuming. It can also be more intensive due to the extent of your injuries. What’s more, our first step is to negotiate with insurance companies and other liable parties to settle out of court, which can often save your family unnecessary stress.
The sooner you start your case, the more time you may have to file your personal injury lawsuit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Types of Catastrophic Injures
One of the most important reasons to seek medical attention after getting into any type of accident is to see a doctor as soon as possible. Doing so can prevent or reduce the recovery time for catastrophic injuries. Some of the most common catastrophic injuries we see include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severe cuts and fractures
- Illnesses as a result of exposure to chemicals or harmful substances
- Injuries or illnesses that lead to disability
A catastrophic injury can occur in any type of accident. But there are some accidents that are more likely to cause catastrophic injuries. Some of the most common types of catastrophic injury cases we see in Fort Wayne include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Dog bites and attacks
What to Do If You’ve Experienced a Catastrophic Injury
Since there are many ways a catastrophic injury can occur, you have many steps you can take to preserve evidence of your accident, treat your injury, and secure your best chances of recovering damages.
- Seek medical attention to document your injuries, including the cause, severity, and amount of treatment.
- Collect evidence by taking photos or video of the scene and getting the contact information of witnesses.
- File a police report if you’ve been injured in an auto accident.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer serving Fort Wayne as soon as possible.
Get Help Recovering Compensation for Your Fort Wayne Catastrophic Injury
You can negotiate a settlement by yourself, but this process can be stressful for families already dealing with a catastrophic injury. In addition, insurance companies try to pay the lowest amount they can, no matter how severe your injuries or expensive your medical costs.
A catastrophic injury lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can ensure you’re awarded a just settlement that best reflects your injuries. We have successfully recovered a total of $2 billion for our clients using our 400+ years of combined legal experience.
Focus on your recovery while we take care of:
- Collecting evidence
- Proving negligence
- Communicating with insurance companies
- Negotiating a settlement
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit
- Representing you and your family’s pain and suffering in court
The Hammer Can Take on Your Catastrophic Injury Case in Fort Wayne
The catastrophic injury lawyers at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers understand the pain and confusion you and your family may be facing. That’s why we work on contingency fees, so we don’t charge you upfront costs or fees for our representation. We also have Spanish-speaking paralegals and attorneys so you can communicate with our team in the language you feel most confident speaking.
We’re ready to serve you and recover much-needed compensation on your behalf. Contact our office for your free, no-obligation case review today.