If you were injured or lost a loved one in a car accident caused by another driver’s carelessness, you may be able to recover financial compensation. This may cover your losses caused by medical bills, unpaid time out of work, and more. You can seek compensation on your own, but you may prefer working with a Danville car accident lawyer with Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers.
In January 2021, a pickup truck struck a disabled car that was stopped on the side of the road in Danville, FOX 59 reports, killing a three-year-old boy who had been sitting in a car seat in the back. Accidents like this happen all too often and can cause lasting physical and emotional pain.
Negligence and Liability in a Car Accident Case
Not every accident has a human cause; sometimes, a car accident is just the result of bad luck. But other times, people cause accidents with their careless or reckless driving. Every driver has a duty to drive safely and follow traffic regulations.
When one driver neglects that duty and causes an accident, he can be held legally and financially responsible for it and its related expenses.
Our lawyer will investigate your car accident in Danville, looking for evidence of negligence by the other driver. Some common examples of negligent driving include:
- Driving too fast for current weather conditions
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failing to yield
- Ignoring traffic signs and signals
- Texting while driving
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Following too closely
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Danville, call 800-333-9999
Recovering Damages After a Danville Car Accident
Our lawyer will help you pursue damages from the at-fault party. First, we will determine how much your case is worth. Insurance companies may try to shortchange you with a quick, cheap settlement, so it is critical that you know how much you really deserve. You may be entitled to:
Economic Damages After a Car Accident
You may be able to recover compensation for direct losses such as:
- Medical care for emergency treatment, X-rays or other imaging services, doctors’ appointments, surgeries, rehabilitative therapies, and more
- Loss of income if you must take unpaid time off work to recover
- Property damage if your car needs to be repaired or replaced
Non-Economic Damages After a Car Accident
You may be able to recover compensation for intangible losses such as:
- Mental pain and anguish
- Physical pain
- Permanent disfigurement or disability
- Reduced quality of life
Wrongful Death Damages After a Car Accident
Ky. Rev. Stat. § 411.130 outlines the damages available to survivors after a wrongful death. If your loved one passed away because of injuries incurred in the car accident, you may be able to recover:
- Funeral expenses such as embalming or cremation, a casket or urn, memorial service fees, flowers, transportation, and more
- Medical bills for treatment your loved one received before he passed away
- Loss of income for your loved one’s expected future earning capacity
Danville Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
How a Lawyer Can Help Your Danville Car Accident Case
Our lawyer can walk you through the complex process of seeking damages, either in or out of court, if you were hurt or lost a family member in a car accident. We can explain the insurance settlement process, take care of paperwork, and handle the legal details so that you can focus on healing. Our lawyer will:
- Investigate your accident, collecting evidence such as pictures of the scene, police reports, eyewitness statements, cell phone records, toxicology reports, and more to show that the other driver caused your accident
- Estimate your damages, using your medical bills and records, pictures of your injuries, past wage statements, interviews with you and your family, expert medical testimony, and more
- File an insurance claimand negotiate a settlement with the other driver’s insurance provider
- File a lawsuit against the at-fault driver if we cannot reach an out-of-court settlement
Accolades for Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, our attorneys have over 400 years of combined experience helping people just like you: people hurt because of another’s negligent behavior. Our lawyers have recovered $1 billion in settlements for clients in Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana. Here are a few examples of our case victories:
- $2.7 million settlement for a man who became paralyzed in one arm, broke his leg, injured his eye, and punctured his lung when another car turned in front of him
- $1.429 million settlement for a woman who suffered shattered bones in her eyes and nose as well as a fractured leg after another car T-boned her when leaving the interstate
- $1 million settlement for a woman who fractured her leg and eye socket and sustained internal bleeding after being struck by a driver who lost control of his vehicle because he was driving too fast on wet roads
These cases illustrate the types of damages we can recover for our clients. We can never guarantee a result, but we will work tirelessly to obtain the best possible outcome for you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Legal Deadlines in a Danville Car Accident Case
Kentucky limits how much time you have to seek damages from the at-fault driver after a car accident. Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230 sets the statute of limitations for personal injury and wrongful death caused by a car accident.
- In general, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit for personal injury. Under certain circumstances, you may have up to four years to sue.
- You have one year after the date your loved one passed away or four years after the date of the accident, whichever is shorter, to file a lawsuit for wrongful death.
Our lawyer will evaluate the details of your case, determine how these laws apply to you, and make sure that you file your lawsuit before time runs out.
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Can Represent You After a Car Accident
If you were injured or lost a family member in a car accident in Danville, you may face staggering medical bills even as your injuries prevent you from working. Our lawyer with Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers may be able to help you recover damages from the at-fault driver.
Call our office at 1-800-800-8888 for a free case consultation. Because we work on contingency, you pay nothing unless we win or settle your case.