Collisions involving semi-trucks can be catastrophic. The victims may suffer life-altering injuries, emotional anguish, and financial hardship due to substantial medical expenses.
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, our Covington semi-truck accident lawyer can provide legal guidance to help you pursue compensation. We don’t take any upfront costs or fees and only receive a payment if we settle your case.
How Our Covington Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
Working with our legal team allows you to focus on treatment as we handle all aspects of your claim. Our truck accident attorneys can:
Investigate the Semi-Truck Accident
Plaintiffs in semi-truck accidents must gather enough evidence to prove their injuries and damages suffered. Our legal team can interview witnesses, visit the crash scene, access the truck’s dash cam footage and black box information, and review the necessary records to build a solid case.
Determine the Responsible Parties
Multiple parties may be involved in a semi-truck accident. The evidence your attorney gathers can help them pinpoint who could be to blame for what happened. Possible responsible parties include:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- A government entity
- A truck parts manufacturer
- A mechanic
- The cargo company
If more than one of these parties holds fault, your lawyer can pursue compensation from each accordingly.
Negotiate a Settlement on Your Behalf
When representing you, we fight for your right to compensation based on the losses incurred. As a crash victim, the settlement should be enough to cover your medical bills and other expenses related to the accident.
Our lawyers review your costs related to the crash and how the incident affected your life to negotiate for an appropriate settlement.
Represent You at Trial, If Necessary
We aim to settle personal injury cases through negotiations but are ready to go to court if we determine this is the best way to fight for your rights. Our lawyers understand the process and can stand for your interests throughout the trial.
For a free legal consultation with a semi-truck accidents lawyer serving Covington, call 800-333-9999
Possible Damages in a Covington Semi-Truck Accident Case
Semi-truck accident victims may qualify for different types of compensation, including:
Lost Income and Lost Earning Potential
This damage is income you lost if you missed work while nursing injuries from the crash. If you suffered a long-term disability forcing you to take a less-paying position in your workplace, you could qualify for lost earning potential.
Past and Future Medical Bills
The compensation amount largely depends on the medical expenses associated with your injuries. We may seek reimbursement for the anticipated costs if you require ongoing treatment.
Compensatory losses may include:
- Occupational and physical therapy
- Assistive aids, including a wheelchair, crutches, and prosthesis
- Specialist appointments
- Ambulance fees
- Mental health treatments
- Diagnostic tests
- Home modifications to suit a disability
Pain and Suffering
Semi-truck accident victims in Covington may suffer catastrophic injuries, leading to chronic pain. Your pain and suffering compensation amount depends on your experience after the crash and during recovery.
Those who lost a loved one in a semi-truck accident may be entitled to collect wrongful death awards. They may cover final medical expenses, funeral and burial bills, and/or loss of financial support, among others.
Covington Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Our Semi-Truck Crash Attorneys Work for a Contingency Fee
Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and his injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. The contract means our attorneys get paid after helping you secure a settlement through negotiation with the other parties or jury verdict at trial.
The payment is a specific percentage of your compensation amount. We provide clients with a detailed agreement during the initial free consultation. Expect no hidden charges throughout our legal representation.
Following the Statute of Limitations After a Semi-Truck Accident in Covington
The statute of limitations provides a time limit for plaintiffs to file a lawsuit. If you were injured in a semi-truck accident in Covington, you should pursue a case within two years from the incident date or the last PIP payment, according to Ky. Rev. Sta. § 304.39-230. Those who have lost a loved one usually have one year to take wrongful death action, per Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.180.
If you give us enough notice, we can help you to navigate the statute of limitations and avoid missing the deadline.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What to Do After a Semi-Truck Accident in Covington
Getting involved in an accident can be scary, but you may want to take specific measures to protect your interests. If the situation and your injuries allow you, you may want to do the following:
- Secure the scene: Keep your flashers on to prevent more accidents. Move to safety on the roadside as you wait for law enforcement.
- Call the police: Dial 911 and inform the police about the incident. The police should respond to your alert and create an accident report. This document may help determine what led to the crash and serve as evidence when building your claim.
- Explain your side of the story: When the police arrive, explain what you can remember and be honest. If you cannot remember certain details, tell the responding officer. Do not misstate, guess, or speculate anything.
- Take pictures: Scene photographs may help when pursuing a claim. If you can, use your phone to take pictures of the wrecked vehicle and your physical injuries.
- Exchange information: Gather information from the other involved parties, including passengers and drivers. Be brief in your conversation and avoid commenting about the incident, as other individuals might use your statements against you. Information to collect from the other parties includes their names, phone numbers, and insurance details.
- Seek medical attention: Get your injuries evaluated by a medical professional and document the reports and receipts for future reference when pursuing a claim.
Begin the Fight for Compensation With Our Semi-Truck Accident Attorneys Now
Getting hurt in a semi-truck accident in Covington can turn your life upside down, but you have a legal right to pursue recoverable damages. The Covington semi-truck accident lawyers at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers are here to provide legal counsel and fight for justice and compensation on your behalf.
We have won over $1 billion in damages for previous clients and gained more than 400 years of collective legal experience. Contact us today for a free case review.