Delivery van accidents can lead to serious injuries. Additionally, the damages may result in expensive bills. Fortunately, you can receive compensation for various damages after an accident.
Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers if you have sustained injuries in a delivery vehicle accident. Our attorneys can represent you and fight for fair compensation for your injuries.
How a Delivery Van Accident Lawyer Can Help Your Case
Our team of personal injury lawyers can help you obtain compensation after an accident. We can investigate the case, identify the liable party, and fight for fair compensation. Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and our lawyers can also offer legal insights and advice throughout your case.
We have over 400 years of combined legal experience, and we can help you by:
Establishing Liability in Your Van Accident Case
Delivery van accident cases can be complicated in terms of causation and liability. For example, sometimes the van driver is solely to blame for the collision. However, more than one individual or entity can be responsible for injuries and losses. The potential liable parties may include, but aren’t limited, to:
- The van driver
- The delivery company
- The vehicle manufacturer
- The cargo loading company
- The van’s maintenance company
- A third-party driver
The attorneys at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can investigate your case and identify all responsible parties to help you recover compensation.
Building a Case
Our Cleveland delivery van accident lawyers can handle your entire case, allowing you to concentrate on your treatment and rehabilitation. We can build your case by:
- Gathering evidence for your case, such as police reports, video or images from the crash scene, information from the truck’s electronic control module, eyewitness accounts, expert witness testimony, and more
- Collecting and organizing medical expenses and bills related to the accident and any documentation that establishes damages
- Adhering to established deadlines, such as the statute of limitations
Representing You in Communication
Our delivery van accident attorneys can represent you during official communication with representatives and negotiate for a fair settlement. We can also represent you at trial if needed.
For a free legal consultation with a delivery van accidents lawyer serving Cleveland, call 800-333-9999
Damages You Can Recover After a Cleveland Delivery Van Accident
You can recuperate various damages after an accident, such as:
These losses generally have a monetary value, such as:
- Lost wages
- Future lost wages if you cannot return to work
- Medical bills, such as emergency room care and procedures
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Property damage
Non-economic damages are typically not associated with a monetary value and may include:
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoying life
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one in a van accident, you can recover wrongful death damages, such as:
- Burial and funeral expenses
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of companionship and guidance
- Loss of the deceased’s earnings
- The deceased’s medical bills
Cleveland Delivery Van Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Ohio’s Statutes of Limitations for a Lawsuit After a Delivery Van Accident
Ohio’s statute of limitations generally allows two years from the time of the accident to submit your personal injury lawsuit, according to Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10. Similarly, Ohio Revised Code Section 2125.02 generally allows two years to file a lawsuit if your loved one suffered a wrongful death in a delivery van accident. However, your exact deadline may vary. Our lawyers can assist you throughout the legal process and help you recover compensation.
The Fee Policy for Our Personal Injury Lawyers
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers use a contingency arrangement to help you. You will not incur out-of-pocket expenses when you work with our team. You will only pay attorney fees after we win or settle your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Causes of Cleveland Delivery Van Accidents
Several factors can cause delivery van accidents, including:
- Distracted driving: Accidents can occur when drivers are distracted. Distractions can include operating electronic devices or eating and drinking.
- Improperly secured cargo: Cargo can become loose or unsecured when incorrectly loaded. This can affect the vehicle’s balance and lead to an accident.
- Fatigued driving: Drowsy drivers may fall asleep at the wheel or have inhibited reaction times.
- Inadequate training: Drivers with improper training may purposely or unintentionally ignore established company rules and road safety protocols.
- Mechanical failure: Problems with a delivery vehicle’s steering, brakes, or other critical systems may prevent a driver from stopping in time or maneuvering an unexpected obstacle.
- Failure to adhere to road rules: Speeding, tailgating, failure to yield the right of way, and other negligent driving can result in accidents.
Let Our Cleveland Delivery Van Accident Lawyers Handle Your Case
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help if you were involved in a Cleveland delivery van accident. We can build your case and negotiate for fair compensation while you concentrate on your recovery. Contact us today for a free case review.