Catastrophic injuries can change your life forever. You may suffer from brain trauma, spinal cord damage, loss of limb, or other serious injuries. You may be entitled to compensation when someone else’s negligence causes such injuries. You do not have to fight this battle alone.
A Canton catastrophic injury lawyer at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers could offer legal guidance and help you file a claim to hold the responsible party accountable. Our firm’s founder, Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs, knows how to deal with insurance companies, and he will fight for the compensation you need to recover and move forward with your life.
Let a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Canton Help
If you’ve been involved in a catastrophic accident, Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is ready to offer responsive legal help. Catastrophic injury cases are often complex because more than one party may be at fault.
A personal injury lawyer serving Canton will do the following for you:
- Gather evidence that supports your claim. This may include medical records, witness statements, and photos of the scene before and after the accident.
- Value your damages.Compensatory damages are categorized into two: economic and non-economic. We’ll consider all factors to compute the correct value based on your injuries and the impact on your life.
- File all pertinent documents with the courts. We will take care of filing all necessary paperwork with the statutory deadlines so you do not lose your chance for compensation.
- Negotiate with insurers.While you recover from your injuries, we’ll arrange meetings and negotiate with the insurance adjusters on your behalf.
- Represent you in court. If negotiations don’t pan out, we could file a lawsuit and represent you at trial.
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Canton, call 800-333-9999
Damages You Could Recover in a Canton Catastrophic Injury Accident Case
If you’ve suffered a catastrophic injury due to someone else’s negligence, you might be entitled to compensation for your damages. A Canton catastrophic injury attorney at our firm could help you recover the following:
- Hospitalization, Surgery, and Follow-Up Care Costs:You can recover compensation to pay for hospitalization, surgery, and related care after an accident. This includes any necessary transportation to and from the hospital for treatment.
- Medical Equipment:If you require a wheelchair or other mobility device after your injuries, you could receive compensation to cover this cost.
- Rehabilitation and Therapy Costs: You could also receive financial recovery for rehabilitation services, such as physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
- Lost Wages and Income:You could recover lost wages if you cannot work because of your injuries. This includes wages for the time you were out of work and any bonuses or commissions you would’ve earned during that period.
- Reduced Earning Capacity: If your injuries prevent you from working full-time or returning to work after recovery, you could seek future lost income due to diminished earning capacity caused by the injuries.
- Disability:A catastrophic injury can cause long-term disability that requires ongoing medical treatment and care.
Canton Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Statute of Limitations for Catastrophic Injury in Ohio
According to Ohio Revised Code §2305.10, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit is two years from the date of injury. If you miss this statutory deadline, you could lose your chance to seek compensation and hold the liable parties responsible.
When you work with a catastrophic injury attorney in Canton, you can recover in peace knowing they will handle your case from start to finish, ensuring all legal documents are filed within the timeframe.
Pay Us After Winning Your Case
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we don’t charge any upfront fees or costs to handle your case. Our attorneys work on contingency, meaning you pay nothing unless we win a settlement or court award for you.
We understand that right now, you may not be able to pay legal fees out-of-pocket, but this will not hinder us from seeking justice on your behalf.
Types of Catastrophic Injuries in Canton, OH
Catastrophic injuries can impact the brain, spinal cord, and other body parts. Some of the most common include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries, some of which lead to paralysis
- Internal injuries and bleeding
- Organ damage
- Burn injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Other severe injuries
Victims of catastrophic injuries often require extensive medical care and rehabilitation that can last for years. This is because the long-term effects of catastrophic injury can include physical disabilities, including loss of sight or hearing, emotional trauma, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and partial or total paralysis.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Causes of Catastrophic Injuries in Canton, OH
Catastrophic injuries can occur for different reasons and may include:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Car accidents can result in severe brain injuries, spinal cord damage, paralysis, and amputations. These injuries often require extensive medical treatment.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: These accidents can happen due to hazardous conditions in public places, such as shopping malls, grocery stores, and restaurants. However, they can also happen on private property as a result of the owner’s negligence.
- Medical Malpractice: This entails errors that can occur when a doctor or healthcare facility fails to diagnose a serious condition, misdiagnoses an existing condition, gives the wrong prescription, or operates on the wrong patient or body part.
- Dog Bites: Most dog bites occur when dogs are left unattended or without proper restraining from their owners. Dog bites can lead to severe injuries such as bacterial infections.
- Bicycle Accidents: When a bicycle accident occurs, it can lead to traumatic brain injury, fractures, and even death.
- Workplace-Related Injuries: These injuries can be caused by defective products, unsafe working conditions, or improper training of employees. You cannot sue your employer in Ohio, but a lawyer can file a lawsuit against a third party if applicable.
Contact Us Today for a Free Case Review
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we can help you pursue justice after suffering a catastrophic injury due to someone else’s negligence. We’ve recovered over $1 billion in settlements for our clients, and we’re ready to get started on your case.
Contact our Canton catastrophic injury team today for a free, no-obligation case review and learn more about how we can help.