Fuel trucks ferry gas, flammable liquids, corrosive material, pesticides, tar, and oil. Therefore, accidents involving these vehicles can cause massive accidents, sometimes involving explosions. What’s more, victims can suffer detrimental injuries that lead to expensive bills.
Our Burlington fuel truck accident lawyers can help you seek compensation after a collision. Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers offers responsive legal representation on a contingency fee basis. Let our team handle your case while you focus on recovery.
How Our Burlington Fuel Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Obtaining compensation can be difficult if you don’t have legal experience. It can be especially taxing while you’re recovering from injuries. Let our truck accident attorneys help with your case. Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and our team have over 400 years of combined legal experience and can represent you while you rest.
Once you hire us, we can help you pursue justice in various ways, such as:
Collecting and Preserving Evidence
We can investigate your accident and collect evidence to build your case. Crucial evidence may disappear as time passes. However, we can promptly visit the scene, interview witnesses, and gather relevant evidence to support your case.
Evidence may generally include:
- Images of the accident scene
- Images of damages
- Video footage of the accident
- Eyewitness statements
- Official police reports
- Medical records
- Receipts and invoices of damages
- A driver’s history
- Data from accident reconstruction specialists
- Information from a truck’s electronic control module, if applicable
Holding someone accountable in a personal injury case may not be an easy feat. Moreover, various parties can be responsible for the accident, such as:
- The fuel truck driver
- The employer or trucking company
- The maintenance company
- The truck manufacturer
- A third-party driver
- A government entity
Our team can use evidence to determine the cause of the accident and prove what party is liable.
Communicating with Representatives
Other victims, insurance adjusters, lawyers, and various representatives may contact you to discuss the accident or a settlement. Unfortunately, they may not have your best interests in mind. They sometimes try to deflect blame or offer you a lower settlement than you deserve.
Our truck accident attorneys can communicate with these representatives on your behalf and protect your interests. We can use evidence to negotiate for fair compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a fuel truck accidents lawyer serving Burlington, call 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in a Burlington Fuel Truck Accident Case
You can typically recover various economic and non-economic damages after an accident. However, the exact amount will depend on your specific losses.
We can generally help you recover the following damages:
- Current and future medical expenses, such as emergency care, hospitalization, and follow-up visits
- Therapy and rehabilitation
- Current and future lost earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disfigurement
- Mental anguish
- Reduced quality of life
- Property damage
Furthermore, we can help you recover wrongful death damages if you lost a loved one in the accident. These may include:
- Burial and funeral expenses
- Your loved one’s medical bills
- Your loved one’s lost income and wages
- Loss of companionship and consortium
Burlington Fuel Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
The Cost of Pursuing a Fuel Truck Accident Case with Our Team
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers has a contingency fee policy. We understand accidents can lead to serious financial burdens. That is why there are no upfront costs or fees when you work with our team. Instead, you only pay attorney fees after we win or settle your case. We want to aid you in recovering compensation without adding to your stress.
The Statute of Limitations in Burlington, Kentucky
According to Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230, victims of automobile accidents generally have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. This timeframe typically begins the day of the accident or the last payment of personal injury protection (PIP). Nonetheless, the details of your case may alter your exact timeframe. Our truck accident attorneys can handle your case and adhere to established deadlines while you rest and recover.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Causes of Burlington Fuel Truck Accidents
We can investigate what factors led to the accident to prove what party is responsible. Some of the common causes of these accidents include:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Fatigued driving
- Distracted driving
- Turning or merging without using signals
- Poor road conditions
- Faulty parts, such as defective brakes
- Unlicensed or untrained drivers
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance
What to Do After a Burlington Truck Accident
Truck accidents may come with many losses, ranging from property damages to bodily harm and even death. The aftermath may be confusing. However, there are several steps you can take to protect your rights, including:
- Call 911 to report the accident and request police and medical assistance
- Request a copy of the official police accident report
- Exchange information with the other motorists involved
- Gather evidence by taking images of the crash site and your injuries
- Speak to eyewitnesses and get their contact information
- Seek treatment and keep your medical records
- Maintain receipts and invoices of your injuries
- Avoid making official statements to insurance carriers and other representatives to protect your interests
- Contact our Burlington fuel truck accident lawyers for support and guidance
Types of Fuel Truck Accident Cases We Handle
Victims of these horrific accidents can sustain life-threatening injuries that require extensive medical treatment.
Here are examples of the injury cases we handle for the victims of fuel truck accidents:
- Spinal cord damage
- Loss of vision
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Severe burns
- Fractured limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Nerve damage
Contact Us Today for a Free Case Review
Were you injured in a fuel truck accident? Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can investigate the collision and determine the best legal recourse. We can collect evidence to support your case and negotiate with insurance adjusters for a settlement. Contact us today and get a free case review.