People are turning to bicycles as a cheaper alternative means of transport and fitness. But riders are vulnerable. If you are involved in an accident in the Bowling Green area, you might want to hire a Bowling Green bicycle accident lawyer.
The Risks of Bicycling
Miranda is cycling home from work on a beautiful summer’s day in Bowling Green, Kentucky. A car runs a red light and crashes into her at an intersection. Her crumpled bicycle is a write-off. She has a broken arm and severe bruising. Miranda has become another unfortunate statistic.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission states that bicycle riders throughout the country suffered 417,485 accidents that resulted in emergency medical treatment in 2019.
Bicycle accidents that involve another vehicle often occur because the driver didn’t see the bicyclist. Unfortunately, because riders are not well-protected, the consequences can be serious.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Bowling Green, call 800-333-9999
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident
- Call the police and medical services.
- If your accident involves another vehicle, ask the driver for their contact information and insurance details.
- Ask witnesses to give you their contact information.
- Take photos of the scene if you are well enough to do so.
- Ask for a copy of the accident report from the responding police officer.
- Do not post anything about your accident on social media. You might be tempted to share your experience with your friends, but the at-fault driver’s attorney might use anything you post against you.
Bowling Green Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
How Can You Reduce the Risk of Serious Injury?
Of course, you can’t cut any risk to zero, but there are some things you can do to protect yourself when riding your bicycle.
- Follow the bicycle regulations set by the Kentucky Department of Transportation.
- Always wear a bicycle helmet. You are not required to wear a helmet in Kentucky, but you should always do so. Your helmet should meet the Consumer Product Safety Commission standard by law.
- Wear high-visibility clothing.
- If you are riding at night, make sure your front and rear lights are working. The law stipulates that they must be visible from at least 500 feet away.
- Keep both hands on the handlebars.
- Ride as far to the side of the road as you safely can.
- Never ride if you have had alcohol or taken drugs. Read your prescription drug side effects carefully.
Do You Need Legal Representation?
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I understand the procedure? The legal system is complicated, and if you are unfamiliar with what you are doing, it may cause adverse effects to your case.
- Am I an experienced negotiator?You will probably have to deal with insurance company representatives. These employees are seasoned operators who want to reduce your settlement amount.
- Do I know how much I can claim?You can claim for more than the cost of a new bicycle and emergency treatment. For example, you can ask for compensation for lost earnings, ongoing medical treatment, and pain and suffering. Pain and suffering is hard to quantify. The court can value it, but it should be part of your award package.
- Do I have the time?Researching and presenting a solid case takes hours of preparation. You might feel that you have other things to concentrate on, especially if you are recovering from serious injuries.
If you are in any doubt about any of these questions, you should think about enlisting the help of professional representation, such as a Bowling Green bicycle accident lawyer.
Professional Legal Representation
In Bowling Green, residents who have suffered a bicycle accident, whether another road user is involved or not, can contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers. Our founder, Darryl Isaacs, rejoices in the nickname “The Hammer.” It’s an apt name for someone who protects the interests of his clients with fierce determination. Our other in-house litigation team members share this dedication.
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers has successfully represented people in your position many times – we have won over $1 billion in damages for our clients. With a combined experience of over 400 years, we will guide you through the process step by step and keep you fully informed. Our personal injury lawyers enjoy building a bond with our clients and will do everything we can to help you achieve a successful outcome.
Many of these cases are settled out of court, but if you need to appear in the courtroom, we have a mock courtroom at our Cherokee Road location in Louisville. Here, you can go through the likely procedure until you feel comfortable in a court setting. We even have Spanish-speaking attorneys and paralegals on hand if you feel more comfortable speaking Spanish when discussing your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers
Accidents of any kind are stressful. It can take a long time to recover from them fully, and you should take all the time you need. Making sure you have a legal team on your side to fight your case can be a great weight off your shoulders.
Trying to bring your claim by yourself might be a bad idea for two reasons. First, you might underestimate the amount you can claim. Second, using a Bowling Green bicycle accident lawyer from our team means you won’t face legal expenses until your case is settled or won.
Get Your Free Consultation Today
You have nothing to lose by contacting us, and the initial consultation places you under no obligation. Call for a free case review with Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers.