Begin Your Case With a Proven Car Accident Law Firm
Even though car accidents occur with alarming frequency, few people are truly prepared to handle the aftermath of a collision. When you are injured in a car accident caused by someone else, you may have the right to financial compensation. A dedicated Jeffersonville car accident lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers could help you get justice
We charge no upfront fees for our legal services and only take payment if we secure monetary compensation on your behalf. Call us at 800-333-9999 at any time to speak to one of our dedicated Jeffersonville car accident lawyers and set up a free consultation.
We Represent Injured Accident Victims Across Many Categories. Some Personal Injury Cases We Handle Include:
- Accidents With Trucks or Commercial Vehicles
- Injuries & Wrongful Death Involving Driver Negligence (cell phone use, DUI)
- Accidents With Uninsured Motorists
- Whiplash Injury Accidents
- Airbag Deployment Accidents
- Takata Air Bag Recalls
- Motorcycle Accident Injuries
- Ridesharing: Lyft & Uber Accidents
- Bicycle Accident Injuries
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Pedestrians Hit By a Vehicle
- Head-On Collisions
- Rear-End Collisions
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Getting the Legal Perspective on Car Accidents – Audio Interview
Car accident lawyer Darryl Isaacs — The Hammer — sat down to address legal and safety considerations when injured from a car crash in a recent radio episode of “Ask The Hammer,” the podcast exploring the legal matters that matter most. There are many elements at play when knowing what to do after a car accident. Listen to the episode directly below.
What to Expect from the Car Accident Claims Process
After suffering serious injuries in a car accident in Clark County, Indiana, you are likely feeling overwhelmed and confused about your next steps. Many car accident victims are hesitant to work with an attorney for many reasons. Here is what you can expect if you decide to pursue justice with legal help:
- Your attorney will speak with you about the details of your case and begin to investigate. We need to gather evidence to support your case and work on establishing liability.
- Once we determine who is at fault for your car accident, we will need to calculate the value of your claim. This will be done by analyzing the various ways your life is impacted by your car accident and injuries.
- After your lawsuit is evaluated, your attorney will file a claim with the insurance company and start building your tort claim against the liable party.
- We negotiate with the insurance company for a fair settlement. If they are unwilling or unable to provide you with just compensation for your damages, then we will proceed to trial.
This is just a basic idea of what you can expect if you decide to work with a lawyer on your claim. The process is often much easier than many car accident victims realize. Although you may be struggling to overcome your injuries, with a strong legal advocate on your side, you could hold the liable party accountable and recover the compensation you are entitled to.
Our Accident Law Firm Will Get Started on Your Case Immediately By:
- Listening to your story
- Answering your questions
- Advising you what to do next
- Investigating the accident scene and all other evidence related to your claim
- Reviewing medical records, police reports, and all documents
- Determining which parties are liable for your injury
- Meeting with insurance adjusters
- Helping you file your claim
- Demanding a just settlement for all of your medical treatment and damages
Common Causes of Jeffersonville Car Accidents
For your attorney to build the strongest case possible, we will need to determine who is at fault for causing your car accident. There are many parties who are often found culpable in car accident claims. For most, negligent driving plays a part in these collisions.
Some of the more common types of unsafe driving that frequently cause car accidents in Jeffersonville include:
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Failure to stop
- Failure to use a turn signal
- Failure to yield
- Following too closely
- Impaired driving
- Making an illegal turn
- Road rage
But negligent drivers are not the only cause of car accidents. In fact, there are many situations in which dangerous roads and defective car parts cause devastating car accidents. In cases like these, your car accident lawyer will turn to government agencies responsible for road integrity and auto parts manufacturers, respectively, to determine liability.
Build Your Case With A Top Rated Accident LawyerIf you need immediate assistance with a vehicle accident or personal injury, call our team now at 800-333-9999 to begin your free case review and schedule an initial consultation to get legal advice. Our law firm represents injured victims across many categories. Some popular cases our accident attorneys handle include:
- Big Truck and Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Product Liability Cases
Indiana Laws Impacting Your Car Accident Claim in Jeffersonville
When you are ready to move forward with your Jeffersonville car accident claim, there are several Indiana injury laws that could have an impact on your case, including the following:
- Car accident lawsuits, and any other type of personal injury claim, generally must be filed before the two-year statute of limitations expires under IC §34-11-2-4.
- Under IC § 34-13-3-8, if you are filing a lawsuit against a municipality for inadequate road maintenance, you will have just 180 days to get your lawsuit filed.
- If you share fault for your injuries, you can still be awarded compensation for your damages under IC § 34-51-2-5, Indiana’s modified comparative negligence law.
- If you lost a loved one to a fatal car accident, under IC § 34-23-2-1, you would generally have two years to get your lawsuit filed before the statute of limitations expires.
These are only a few of the laws that could have an impact on your car accident claim and ability to recover compensation for your suffering. We can determine whether there are other relevant injury laws that could influence your payout.
What Damages Are Recoverable After a Car Accident?
You have the right to be compensated for every way your life has been affected by your injuries. This means you can be paid for both your economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages are financial while non-economic damages or not.
However, both can have devastating impacts on car accident victims’ lives and should be taken into consideration accordingly. Some of the more common types of damages you could be awarded through your car accident claim or lawsuit include:
- Costs of repairing or replacing your vehicle
- Cost of increased insurance premiums
- Disfigurement or scarring
- Loss of income and earning capacity
- Current and ongoing medical bills and equipment
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of household services
You will need to be prepared to go over all the ways your life has been affected by your injuries to ensure that no loss goes on accounted for. That way, you can be awarded fair compensation for your damages and have the funds you need to get through these difficult times.
Costs of Hiring a Jeffersonville Car Accident Attorney
When you are already struggling financially, the thought of hiring a lawyer can seem impossible. Fortunately, when you are injured through someone else’s negligence, you may be able to hire an attorney to work for you on contingency.
This means your Jeffersonville car accident lawyer will take on your case and handle the expenses to build a powerful claim or court case without expecting payment upfront. We operate on a contingency fee basis, so there are no risks when you work with us.
Learn Your Legal Options Today
When your car accident injuries have had a devastating impact on your life, and you are not sure where to turn for help, get a legal advocate on your side. Connect with a Jeffersonville car accident lawyer at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers.
You can reach our office now. A team member is standing by to discuss your legal options at no cost. We fight for fair compensation for accident victims.
To learn more about working with our Jeffersonville lawyers, call 1-800-333-9999 for your no-cost car accident case review.