Effective Date: April 2013
1. Information We Collect About You
In addition, we may be collecting information about you from one or more of your friends on Facebook who allow access to their respective Wish Lists via the Axle Service, subject to your Facebook privacy settings. We encourage you to review, and if necessary, adjust, your Facebook privacy settings before utilizing a Retailer’s Wish List offering through Facebook.
b. Information We Collect From You Directly. We may collect information directly from you when you request customer support in connection with the Axle Service, provide us with user feedback or otherwise communicate directly with us.
c. Information We Collect When You Access the Axle Service on a Mobile Device. When you use the Mobile Software on your mobile device (i.e., mobile phones, tablets, etc.), we collect your unique device identifier, IP address and your location. In addition, to log into the Mobile Software, you must input your email address and Facebook password. Although your Facebook login information is not provided to us.
d. Information You Share through the Axle Service. We will have access to, and, depending on your Facebook privacy settings, your Facebook friends will be able to see, the products with which you have interacted through the Axle Service that is rolled out by our Retailers, as well as any items your Facebook friends have purchased for you from your wish list on the Axle Service (“Product and Purchase Information”).
e. Information That We Automatically Collect From Your Computer. We (or service providers on our behalf) may automatically collect information from your use of “cookies”. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your computer’s Internet browser and that are accessed and recorded by the websites that you visit so that they can recognize the same browser navigating online at a later time.
Information collected by cookies may include, without limitation:
· The date and time of your visit to the Axle Service and how frequently you use the Axle Service;
· The Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
· The amount of time you spend visiting a particular page within the Axle Service; and/or
· What links you click on the Axle Service.
We may use data gathered automatically from your computer or mobile device to help us or our Retailers (i) recognize you as a previous user of the Axle Service, (ii) to serve relevant online advertising to you, or (iii) to analyze trends and statistics to improve your experience of a particular Retailer’s offerings (i.e., its Wish List application). You can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie; but you may be restricted from accessing the Axle Service via a Retailer’s application by doing so.
2. How We Use Your User Information
The information described above in Sections 1(a) through 1(f) constitutes your “User Information.” We will only use your User Information for the following purposes:
- To enable you to use the Axle Service to create a Retailer’s customized wish list and to share that wish list on Facebook in accordance with your Facebook privacy settings.
- To provide technical support and to respond to a Retailer’s and/or your inquiries in connection with the Axle Service;
- To administer and improve the Axle Service;
- To keep track of your activity patterns, preferences and locations to improve the level of service you receive directly or indirectly via the Axle Service; and
- To conduct research and analysis to enable us to improve the Axle Service and develop and improve other products and services of ours and our affiliates; and
You may choose to not receive communications from us about new features or elements of the Axle Service by opting out of receiving these types of communications either by contacting us directly, by using the contact information provided below, or by “opting-out” via a link that is included in each communication (i.e., email, text message) that is sent to you.
3. How We Share Your User Information
We may share your user information in the following cases:
- With Our Third-Party Service Providers: We may share your user information with our third-party service providers to the extent permitted by your Facebook privacy settings. We will only share your information with these service providers in connection with the administration of the Axle Service or to improve, update and support the Axle Service. Third party service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose your user information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements, and in all cases are required to maintain and protect your information with at least the same level of protection and security as we use within the Axle Service.
- With Retailers that Participate in the Axle Service: If you create a wish list using the Axle Service through one of our Retailers, we will be sharing product and purchase Information from such Retailer(s) that participate in the Axle Service.
- In Connection with Promotions: We may share your User Information in order to promote the Axle Service and other products and services of ours and our affiliates, including in private and publicly available product demonstrations and in communications with social media partners, media outlets and other third parties; provided, that, we will only share your user information in such promotional efforts in aggregate form, anonymized form, or after removing you and your Facebook friends’ names, photos, videos and contact information.
- With Your Consent: We may share your information with third parties upon receipt of your consent.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose any user information about you that we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- To Prevent Harm or Loss: We may disclose any information about you and/or any other user(s) of the Axle Service that we believe, in our sole discretion, is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with suspected or actual illegal activity.
Although we will not provide information that can be used to personally identify you to third parties for their use in marketing their products or services to you, we do not control and are not responsible for Facebook’s own use of content and information it collects in relation to the Axle Service. Accordingly, we expressly disclaim any and all representations, warranties or covenants in regards to Facebook’s use of your information.
4. How We Protect Your User Information
We maintain reasonable, industry-standard administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect our users’ information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. You must understand, however, that we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information, and that no networked system or Internet transmission is totally secure. We assume no responsibility or liability if any information relating to you is intercepted and/or used by an unintended recipient.
5. Your Privacy Rights and Choices
You may stop us from collecting your user information at any time by (i) uninstalling the Wish List Application and setting your Facebook privacy settings to prevent the Axle Service from accessing your Facebook Information, or (ii) deleting your Facebook account. Following your de-installation of the Wish List Application or deletion of your Facebook account, certain of your information may still be preserved in a non-personally identifiable form as part of aggregate historical data reports used by us.
7. No Use by Children.
8. Use of Information Outside of Your Country of Residence.
9. How to Contact Us