Build Your Case With An Elizabethtown Personal Injury Lawyer
If you suffered injuries in an accident, another party may owe you compensation. Our Elizabethtown personal injury lawyers can investigate your accident, gather evidence of negligence, and fight for fair awards.
We take personal injury cases on contingency, meaning we do not charge upfront fees or costs to start your case. We want to help you and your family during this difficult time. If you lost a loved one in an accident, we can also handle your wrongful death case.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Elizabethtown
Whether you were hit by another driver or hurt in another incident, we want to pursue compensation from the liable party. We handle different types of personal injury cases, such as:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Nursing Home Abuse Accidents
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Car/Auto (includes motorcycle, bicycle, etc.)
- Rideshare Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Our Elizabethtown personal injury attorneys can figure out who caused or contributed to your accident and fight to hold them accountable. We may discover that multiple parties owe you compensation, and we can seek awards from each of them.
Compensation Can Help You Recover
You may have already accrued expensive medical bills immediately after the accident, but your treatment may not stop there. You may require ongoing rehabilitation and care, and you do not deserve to shoulder this burden for years.
Our legal team can negotiate for fair compensation so you do not suffer further accident-related losses in the future. We also want to ensure your award account for any future expenses since you cannot seek additional compensation once you accept an offer.
You may recover:
- Hospital stays
- Doctor’s visits
- Diagnostic testing, such as MRIs and scans
- Medical equipment, such as crutches, braces, and slings
- In-home aid
- Home modifications
- Lost wages, including bonuses, benefits, and paid leave
- Reduced earning capacity if you can’t return to work
- Pain and suffering for your physical and emotional anguish
- Loss of quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
Other damages may apply, and we can help assess both your current and future losses.
Wrongful Death Damages
Accident-related injuries sometimes prove fatal, causing devastation to a family. No one deserves to lose their loved one due to another’s negligence. We can help file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit and fight for awards to cover:
- Funeral and burial/cremation expenses
- Your loved one’s medical bills
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
- The income your loved one provided
- The companionship your loved one provided
- Lost wages if you took time off to tend to your loved one before their passing
Right now, you will want to focus on grieving in peace with your family. While you honor the memory of your loved one, we can handle your case.
How Our Lawyers Can Help in Hardin County, KY
You deserve to focus on your physical health and spend time with your loved ones right now. When seeking compensation, you shouldn’t have to hassle with copious amounts of paperwork or legal research. We can handle the process for you.
When our Elizabethtown lawyers take on your case, they can:
- Perform an investigation
- Collect evidence of negligence
- Work with experts, such as accident reconstructionists and medical professionals
- Submit the necessary paperwork for your claim or lawsuit in a timely manner
- Ensure you abide by deadlines
- Negotiate a fair settlement
- Review settlement offers
- Represent you in court
We will also keep you in the loop about your case’s progress and make ourselves available to answer any questions that arise. We want you to feel comfortable throughout the process.
You Have a Deadline to Meet if You Want to File a Lawsuit in Kentucky
It’s important to keep Kentucky’s statutes of limitations in mind if you plan on filing a lawsuit. The state has a variety of deadlines that apply to different cases, such as:
- Ky. Rev. Stat. § 304.39-230, which usually allows you to file a lawsuit for a car accident within two years from the date of the crash, a victim’s passing, or the last PIP payment to file a lawsuit.
- Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.140(1), which generally gives you one year to file a personal injury lawsuit.
- Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.180, which generally allows you one year, starting from the date of your loved one’s passing or the appointment of the estate representative, to bring a wrongful death lawsuit.
What If You Miss the Deadline?
If you miss these deadlines, you could see your case dismissed from court and lose your last chance to seek compensation. Few exceptions apply, and our lawyers can determine how long you have to take legal action against a liable party.
Remember, it takes time to investigate an accident and gather evidence. We may also begin by filing a claim and negotiating with insurers, which also takes a while. None of these actions stall the deadlines for filing a lawsuit, though.
Our lawyers can keep an eye on your deadline as they work on your case. Still, the sooner you call, the better we can protect your rights to compensation. We can get started once you call for your free consultation.
Work With the Legal Team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers
Our Elizabethtown personal injury attorneys can help if you sustained injuries in an accident. We can work to hold another party accountable for your losses, and we aim for fair compensation. We also want to ensure you do not suffer further losses due to someone else’s negligence.
While you focus on your physical recovery, we can get to work on your legal case. Call us at 1-800-800-8888 to take advantage of your free consultation. The sooner you call, the sooner we can get to work protecting your rights and meeting any deadlines that apply.