Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help you seek compensation if you sustained injuries in a vehicle accident. With more than 400 years of combined experience, our legal team can handle every aspect of your insurance claim or lawsuit so that you can focus on getting back on your feet.
Our Terre Haute car accident lawyers can help you seek financial awards for your injury or pursue wrongful death compensation on behalf of a loved one. We believe in holding the wrongful accountable for their actions or inaction, and we will fight to get you the settlement or verdict you deserve.
Terre Haute Crash Statistics
As home to Indiana State University and the Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, as well as a United States Federal Correctional Complex, Terre Haute sees its fair share of drivers on its roadways.
The city is the county seat of Vigo County, an area that is no stranger to motor vehicle accidents, according to the Indiana Criminal Justice Institute.
Our Lawyers Help With All Types of Vehicle Accidents
Whether your accident involved a hit-and-run driver, out-of-state driver, or even a commercial vehicle, we can help. Our attorneys assist with all types of collisions, including:
- Big truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Uninsured motorist accidents
- Ridesharing (Uber and Lyft) accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Side impact collisions
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Terre Haute, call 800-333-9999
Accidents Can Happen Through No Fault of Our Own
Most of us do our best to exercise caution behind the wheel, but that does not always protect us from accidents. No matter how safe we try to be, there is little we can do to prepare for a drunk driver who runs a red light or a rollover crash caused by a defective tire. Another party could be responsible for your damages if your accident and injuries were caused by:
- A driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- A vehicle traveling in the wrong lane
- A defective traffic signal
- An undeployed airbag
- Engine problems
- Faulty road design
- A speeding motorist
- A vehicle following too closely
- Distracted or aggressive driving
- Brake problems
- A pothole or broken road surface
- Vehicle maintenance issues
We Can Help You Seek Financial Awards from the Liable Party
If your accident was someone else’s fault, they should pay for your losses. Our team can investigate your crash and determine your best course of action for pursuing financial recovery. You could have a case against one or more of the following parties:
- A negligent driver
- A driver’s employer
- A government entity
- A private roadway owner
- A vehicle manufacturer
- An auto parts manufacturer
Terre Haute Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
What Damages Can You Seek for a Car Accident in Indiana?
Indiana allows personal injury victims to seek compensation for their out-of-pocket costs and intangible losses. Usually, awards fall into two categories:
- Economic damages – These are your actual, quantifiable monetary losses. Economic awards include your past and future accident-related medical bills, lost wages, loss of future earning potential (if applicable), and your vehicle repair or replacement costs. You may also seek awards for miscellaneous expenses, such as household services, rental car fees, and medical travel expenses.
- Non-economic damages – These damages compensate you for your physical pain, emotional suffering, and mental anguish. They may include awards for loss of a limb, body part, bodily function, depression, anxiety, scarring and disfigurement, chronic pain, and paralysis.
If your loved one sustained a fatal injury, we can help you seek economic and non-economic wrongful death compensation. A legal representative (executor) can recover medical costs, funeral and burial costs, and lost wages on behalf of your loved one’s estate and beneficiaries.
Additionally, the deceased’s surviving spouse and dependent children can seek awards for the loss of their loved one’s care, support, and companionship.
State Insurance Requirements
Indiana drivers must have liability insurance to pay for accidents they cause. The state requires a minimum of $25,000 in coverage for injuries or death to one person or $50,000 per accident, as well as $25,000 for property damages.
According to the Indiana Department of Insurance, drivers must also carry the above amounts in uninsured motorist coverage and $50,000 in underinsured motorist protection. These policies kick in if the driver who hit you cannot cover your damages.
We can help you negotiate with the liable driver’s insurance company, as well as your own provider. If insurance cannot offer the compensation you need, we can help you seek awards with a lawsuit.
How Long Do You Have to Pursue Your Case?
Our goal is to achieve a settlement for you without going to court. However, we will not back down from a trial if necessary.
If we cannot settle your case with the insurance company, you typically have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit, according to IC § 34-11-2-4. Under IC § 34-23-2-1, you also generally have two years to file a wrongful death case.
We Have Helped Clients Recover Millions of Dollars for Their Car Accident Injuries
Since our firm’s founding in 1993, we have recovered $2 billion for personal injury victims across Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio. Our car accident case victories include:
- A $1.429 million settlement for a woman injured in a T-bone collision
- A $1 million settlement for a woman injured by another driver who was traveling too fast on a wet road
- A $2.7 million settlement for a man who sustained injuries due to another driver making an improper turn in front of his vehicle
- A $1 million settlement for a man who suffered injuries due to another driver’s failure to yield
We can help you identify the damages owed to you and your family. We will fight for every dollar available to you, and we will not back down from going to court if that is what it takes to achieve fair compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers to Learn More About How We Can Seek Financial Compensation for You
Reach out to our team to learn more about how our Terre Haute car accident lawyers can take your case at no upfront or out-of-pocket cost to you. Call our offices today at 1-800-800-8888 for a free, no-obligation consultation with a team member.