Begin Your Case With a Proven Personal Injury Law Firm
Slip and fall accidents are common in commercial and residential properties, workplaces, and even the streets. Regardless of the location or cause, victims may have a right to claim compensation from the liable parties.
If you were hurt in a slip and fall accident, Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can review your case for free, offer legal advice, and inform you about how one of our Bardstown slip and fall lawyers can help you claim compensation.
We charge no upfront fees for our legal services and only take payment if we secure monetary compensation on your behalf. Call us at 800-333-9999 at any time to speak to one of our dedicated Bardstown slip and fall lawyers and set up a free consultation.
We Represent Injured Accident Victims Across Many Categories. Some Personal Injury Cases We Handle Include:
- Accidents With Trucks or Commercial Vehicles
- Injuries & Wrongful Death Involving Driver Negligence (cell phone use, DUI)
- Accidents With Uninsured Motorists
- Whiplash Injury Accidents
- Airbag Deployment Accidents
- Takata Air Bag Recalls
- Motorcycle Accident Injuries
- Ridesharing: Lyft & Uber Accidents
- Bicycle Accident Injuries
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Pedestrians Hit By a Vehicle
- Head-On Collisions
- Rear-End Collisions
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Sometimes an auto accident injury is not evident until much later. Even if you haven’t suffered a catastrophic injury you still may need medical treatment. You should seek medical care immediately, even if you don’t think you are badly hurt. Some severe injuries may not be immediately apparent. This is the best way to physically and legally protect yourself and your loved ones.
Getting the Legal Perspective on Personal Injury – Audio Interview
Car accident lawyer Darryl Isaacs — The Hammer — sat down to address legal and safety considerations when injured from a car crash in a recent radio episode of “Ask The Hammer,” the podcast exploring the legal matters that matter most. There are many elements at play when knowing what to do after a car accident. Listen to the episode directly below.
Recoverable Damages in a Bardstown Slip and Fall Accident Case
To recover financial compensation, you can claim several economic and non-economic damages after sustaining an injury in a slip and fall accident. The damages you can claim will depend on the severity of your injury and other factors. These damages can include:
- Pain and suffering
- Past and future medical expenses
- Emotional distress
- Lost income and loss of future potential
- Permanent or temporary disability
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Rehabilitation and physiotherapy
- Medical devices such as a wheelchair or walker
- Transportation costs
- Loss of quality of life
If you lost your loved one to their related injuries, you may have grounds to collect wrongful death compensation. It could account for final medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, loss of inheritance, loss of financial support, and/or loss of consortium.
Our Accident Law Firm Will Get Started on Your Case Immediately By:
- Listening to your story
- Answering your questions
- Advising you what to do next
- Investigating the accident scene and all other evidence related to your claim
- Reviewing medical records, police reports, and all documents
- Determining which parties are liable for your injury
- Meeting with insurance adjusters
- Helping you file your claim
- Demanding a just settlement for all of your medical treatment and damages
How Our Bardstown Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Help
According to the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI), slip and fall accidents account for over one million hospital emergency room visits yearly. These accidents are also a leading cause of fatalities.
If you have been in a slip and fall accident, you have a right to file a case for compensation.
To help your case, our personal injury lawyer can:
Conduct an Investigation
The first step in every slip and fall case is investigation. Our lawyer can investigate the accident to learn more details about the accident, the cause of the accident, and who is to blame.
Our team can gather evidence, including police reports, medical records, bills, video footage, witness statements, photos of the hazard, and more. In some cases, we involve experts to help determine negligence.
Fight for Your Right to Fair Compensation
Our team can negotiate the best offer possible with the insurance adjusters and continue to fight for your rights at trial if needed. We’re aware of all the tactics that insurers use to devalue claims and the common pitfalls victims make when filing a lawsuit. Trust us to protect your rights from start to finish of the legal process.
File a Lawsuit Within the Statute of Limitations
If you wish to file a lawsuit, you must take action before the statute of limitations expires. Otherwise, you may no longer be eligible to hold the liable party accountable for your damages.
Under Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.140(1), the state generally gives one year to file a personal injury lawsuit. If your loved one passed away from the complications related to their fall, Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.180 dictates that you typically have one year to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Working for You on a Contingency Fee Basis
Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and the rest of Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers handle slip and fall cases on a contingency fee basis instead of charging upfront costs or fees. Our payments will be a percentage of your compensation.
Build Your Case With A Top Rated Accident LawyerIf you need immediate assistance with a vehicle accident or personal injury, call our team now at 800-333-9999 to begin your free case review and schedule an initial consultation to get legal advice. Our law firm represents injured victims across many categories. Some popular cases our accident attorneys handle include:
- Big Truck and Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Product Liability Cases
Determining Liability in a Slip and Fall Accident Case in Bardstown, KY
Our lawyers must demonstrate liability on the part of the property owner or responsible party. Here are some elements that our lawyer will have to prove:
- Duty of care: Property owners owe a duty of care to anyone visiting their premises. They should ensure their property is safe or provide adequate warning for risks.
- Breach of duty of care: The second element to prove is that the responsible party was aware of the risk (e.g., broken floorboards or stairs, cluttered hallways, uneven or wet floors), but they failed to mitigate it or warn patrons about it.
- Causation: The breach of duty caused the slip and fall accident.
- Damages: You suffered financially and non-financially because of the accident.
The liable party in a slip and fall accident can be a commercial property or business owner, a homeowner, or a government entity for accidents that occur on the streets or in any other state-owned facility.
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident in Bardstown
If you slipped and fell, there are several steps you should take to protect your rights, including the following:
- Report the accident: You must immediately report the accident to the property owner or manager. This document may play a vital role in establishing the validity of your case.
- Take pictures: Take clear photos of the hazard, the scene, and visible injuries. Our lawyer can use these pictures to build a strong case.
- Collect witness information: If there is anyone who saw you fall, ensure you get their name and contact information. We can reach out to them and get their testimonies, which can also help your case.
- Go to the hospital: Get proper medical attention immediately to ensure you have a diagnosis of your injuries and start treatment. Documentation of this visit establishes a connection between your slip and fall and injury, showing the other party’s negligence.
Call Us Today to Learn More About Our Slip and Fall Lawyers Serving Bardstown
If you’re a victim of a slip and fall accident in Bardstown, consult our team and learn how you can claim damages. At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we can review your case and help you build a strong case. Our attorneys have even collected more than $2 billion in compensation for our clients.
To learn more about working with our Bardstown lawyers, call 1-800-333-9999 for your no-cost slip and fall case review.