Begin Your Case With a Proven Truck Accident Law Firm
Semi-trucks and other large trucks are massive vehicles that can cause a lot of damage because of their size and weight. Motorists often suffer serious injuries when involved in accidents with these massive vehicles.
A Mishawaka truck accident lawyer at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will advocate for your right to recover compensation from trucking companies and drivers who cause accidents. We offer free consultations and work on contingency fees, meaning you only pay attorney’s fees if we settle or win your case.
We charge no upfront fees for our legal services and only take payment if we secure monetary compensation on your behalf. Call us at 800-333-9999 at any time to speak to one of our dedicated Mishawaka truck accident lawyers and set up a free consultation.
We Represent Injured Accident Victims Across Many Categories. Some Personal Injury Cases We Handle Include:
- Accidents With Trucks or Commercial Vehicles
- Injuries & Wrongful Death Involving Driver Negligence (cell phone use, DUI)
- Accidents With Uninsured Motorists
- Whiplash Injury Accidents
- Airbag Deployment Accidents
- Takata Air Bag Recalls
- Motorcycle Accident Injuries
- Ridesharing: Lyft & Uber Accidents
- Bicycle Accident Injuries
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Pedestrians Hit By a Vehicle
- Head-On Collisions
- Rear-End Collisions
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Getting the Legal Perspective on Car Accidents – Audio Interview
Car accident lawyer Darryl Isaacs — The Hammer — sat down to address legal and safety considerations when injured from a car crash in a recent radio episode of “Ask The Hammer,” the podcast exploring the legal matters that matter most. There are many elements at play when knowing what to do after a car accident. Listen to the episode directly below.
Isaacs & Isaacs Helps Get Compensation for Those Hurt in Truck Accidents
We have over 400 years of combined experience, and our lawyers have recovered over $2 billion in verdicts and settlements.
- $10 million for a truck accident caused by a trucker who crossed the centerline.
- $5.525 million for an accident caused by a trucker who rear-ended another driver.
- $3.65 million for a truck accident caused by a truck that pulled in front of another vehicle.
Our personal injury attorneys will work tirelessly to reach a fair and just settlement. If a settlement cannot be reached, our in-house litigation team may represent you at trial.
How Can an Attorney Help With My Truck Accident Case?
A Mishawaka truck accident attorney from our firm will handle the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your time and energy recovering from injuries.
Our Accident Law Firm Will Get Started on Your Case Immediately By:
- Listening to your story
- Answering your questions
- Advising you what to do next
- Investigating the accident scene and all other evidence related to your claim
- Reviewing medical records, police reports, and all documents
- Determining which parties are liable for your injury
- Meeting with insurance adjusters
- Helping you file your claim
- Demanding a just settlement for all of your medical treatment and damages
Build Your Case With A Top Rated Accident LawyerIf you need immediate assistance with a vehicle accident or personal injury, call our team now at 800-333-9999 to begin your free case review and schedule an initial consultation to get legal advice. Our law firm represents injured victims across many categories. Some popular cases our accident attorneys handle include:
- Big Truck and Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Product Liability Cases
What Damages Can Be Recovered in a Truck Accident Case?
If you were injured in a truck accident, you may be wondering how much you could recover. It’s difficult to give an average settlement value, as each case is different. The value of your case depends on your injuries and losses.
Recoverable damages can be categorized into economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages you could recover in a truck accident case include:
- Current and future medical costs: This includes emergency room costs, ambulance rides, doctor’s visits, hospital stays, medications, labs, testing, and rehabilitation costs.
- Lost wages: If you miss work during your recovery from the accident, you may be able to recover compensation for the income you lost during that time.
- Lowered earning capacity: If you cannot go back to work at all or in the same capacity, you may be able to seek monetary compensation for future lost earnings.
- Auto repair or replacement costs: If your vehicle was damaged during the truck accident, you could receive compensation for the repair or replacement of your vehicle.
Our Mishawaka truck accident lawyer can calculate a fair and just value for noneconomic damages. Noneconomic damages you could recover in a truck accident case include:
- Pain and suffering: This includes any physical pain, mental anguish, discomfort, or inconvenience you suffered because of injuries you sustained during the crash.
- Emotional distress: Truck accidents can be a traumatic experience for many people. This can cause ongoing psychological trauma.
You Have a Limited Time to File a Truck Accident Claim
IC § 34-11-2-4 states you have 2 years to file a claim from the date of the truck accident. This may seem like you have a lot of time to wait, but you don’t. It takes time for our attorneys to prepare your claim and we want to give it the time and attention it needs.
Talk to our Mishawaka Truck Accident Lawyer as soon as possible so we can begin the investigation process and have your claim ready on time. If you miss the deadline, you may not be able to recover compensation for your losses.
Frequently Asked Questions About Truck Accidents
What Are Common Causes of Truck Accidents?
Some of the causes of truck accidents include:
- Inadequate training
- The driver is not following the trucking regulations, including hours of service rules
- Poorly maintained trucks
- Trucks that are overweight or not loaded correctly
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Reckless driving, including speeding or failure to yield
What Should I Do Immediately After a Truck Accident?
First, check if anybody needs medical care. If someone does, call for help immediately. After ensuring everyone is okay, do the following:
- Call the police and file a report. Be detailed in your description of what happened so all the information from the accident is documented.
- Take pictures of the accident scene.
- Take detailed notes of what happened during the accident.
- Call a Mishawaka truck accident lawyer.
How Long do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Truck Accident?
The state of Indiana provides just two years from the date of the accident to file your lawsuit under IC § 34-11-2-4. If you do not meet this deadline, you may be barred from recovering compensation for your losses.
Work with our Mishawaka truck accident attorneys for help meeting this and other deadlines that may apply to your case. Our team handles your paperwork and manages your case from start to finish so you can focus on recovering from injuries.
Call Our Offices Today for a Free Consultation
The attorneys at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will handle all communications with insurance companies. We understand how overwhelming it is to deal with legal matters while you are trying to recover from your injuries. Our attorneys will work tirelessly to reach a settlement or win your case.
To learn more about working with our Mishawaka lawyers, call 1-800-333-9999 for your no-cost truck accident case review.