Begin Your Case With a Proven Workers’ Comp Law Firm
Sustaining an injury in the workplace can be a devastating experience. It’s even more frustrating if you have to fight to get compensation for your injuries. While several laws and regulations help protect employees from accidents in the workplace, they can still be at risk for an accident. Should they get hurt at work, the employees have a right to claim compensation from the liable party.
If you’ve sustained a workplace accident, an Ashland workers’ comp lawyer with Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you secure compensation for your damages.
We charge no upfront fees for our legal services and only take payment if we secure monetary compensation on your behalf. Call us at 800-333-9999 at any time to speak to one of our dedicated Ashland Workers’ Comp lawyers and set up a free consultation.
We Represent Injured Accident Victims Across Many Categories. Some Personal Injury Cases We Handle Include:
- Accidents With Trucks or Commercial Vehicles
- Injuries & Wrongful Death Involving Driver Negligence (cell phone use, DUI)
- Accidents With Uninsured Motorists
- Whiplash Injury Accidents
- Airbag Deployment Accidents
- Takata Air Bag Recalls
- Motorcycle Accident Injuries
- Ridesharing: Lyft & Uber Accidents
- Bicycle Accident Injuries
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Pedestrians Hit By a Vehicle
- Head-On Collisions
- Rear-End Collisions
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Sometimes an auto accident injury is not evident until much later. Even if you haven’t suffered a catastrophic injury you still may need medical treatment. You should seek medical care immediately, even if you don’t think you are badly hurt. Some severe injuries may not be immediately apparent. This is the best way to physically and legally protect yourself and your loved ones.
Getting the Legal Perspective on Car Accidents – Audio Interview
Car accident lawyer Darryl Isaacs — The Hammer — sat down to address legal and safety considerations when injured from a car crash in a recent radio episode of “Ask The Hammer,” the podcast exploring the legal matters that matter most. There are many elements at play when knowing what to do after a car accident. Listen to the episode directly below.
How Our Ashland Workers’ Comp Lawyer Can Help
Under the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), employers in the U.S. have a duty to ensure that all their employees work in a safe environment. Employers should also train their workers in safety measures and provide protective gear where necessary. Although all these standards might be in place, some accidents can still happen.
When they do, the employee has a right to claim compensation from the liable party, which is usually the employer’s insurance provider. Dealing with the processing of filing a claim while still nursing your injuries can be challenging if you have to do it alone.
Here’s how our Ashland Workers’ Comp Lawyer can help:
Offer Legal Advice and Investigate the Case
Our attorneys understand workers’ compensation laws and processes. Whether it’s your first time filing a claim or you’re appealing a denial, our Ashland workers’ comp lawyer can assist you. Evidence sets the foundation of your case, so we can collect the following documentation to build your claim:
- Proof of the accident can be pictures from the scene, video footage, and witness testimonies
- The incident report you filed after the accident
- Medical reports and bills
This information can also help tell us who holds responsibility for the accident.
Determine What Damages to Pursue
An employee may be entitled to collect full compensation depending on their injuries. Our investigators will use evidence to prove your damages and monetary value. Then, we can fight to help you secure a reasonable settlement.
Protect Your Rights
After you enlist our legal team, we’ll fight for your rights, no matter the circumstances. We’ll build a solid defense to protect your interests in case of the following scenarios:
- Your employer claims the accident didn’t happen in your workplace.
- Your employer or the insurance company denies the claim with no valid reason.
- You sustain permanent disability, which can be very expensive to compensate for.
- The insurance company or your employer is taking too long to compensate you.
- The settlement offer you receive doesn’t cover all your lost pay, medical bills, and other damages.
- A third party is responsible for your injuries.
- There’s a case of gross negligence or misconduct.
- Your employer has fired you, reduced your pay or working hours, demoted you, or discriminated against you in any way to discourage you from pursuing compensation.
Our Accident Law Firm Will Get Started on Your Case Immediately By:
- Listening to your story
- Answering your questions
- Advising you what to do next
- Investigating the accident scene and all other evidence related to your claim
- Reviewing medical records, police reports, and all documents
- Determining which parties are liable for your injury
- Meeting with insurance adjusters
- Helping you file your claim
- Demanding a just settlement for all of your medical treatment and damages
Recoverable Damages in an Ashland Workers’ Comp Case
Workers’ comp can pay for the losses of any employee who sustains an injury in their line of duty. According to the Commonwealth of Kentucky, some of the damages you can claim include the following:
- Medical expenses: Workers’ comp usually covers all reasonable and necessary medical expenses for employees. This may include the cost of hospitalization, prescription drugs, and more.
- Lost pay: You can claim compensation for up to two-thirds of your lost work time.
- Temporary disability: You can claim either temporary total or temporary partial disability that keeps you out of work for at least seven days. This compensation will depend on your ability to resume work and the responsibilities or duties you can handle while at work.
- Permanent disability: If you have substantial impairments after reaching maximum medical improvement, you can claim permanent total disability benefits. However, if the impairments do not limit your ability to work, you can claim permanent partial disability. This benefit is restricted to a certain duration or cumulative dollar limit.
- Death and burial benefits: If the injury was fatal, the victim’s next of kin would receive a collective payment or compensation. This compensation will depend on the victims’ earnings and the number of eligible dependents.
Pain and suffering damages aren’t available under workers’ compensation. However, if you’re suing a third party for your workplace injury, you may request compensation for pain and suffering and other non-economic damages.
What to Do After a Workplace Injury in Ashland, KY
There are several steps involved in the workers’ compensation claim process. To ensure you have a valid claim, here are several steps you should take:
- Inform your employer. You must inform your employer or the proper authority at the workplace of your injuries.
- Fill out the incident form. Your employer should provide you with an incident form that you must fill out correctly. The incident form should include details such as where the injury occurred, the date and time of the accident, names of witnesses, and the cause of the accident if known.
- Seek medical attention. You must seek proper medical attention to ensure nothing exacerbates your injuries and you start the healing process. Your lawyer will also need a valid medical report to support your claim.
Build Your Case With A Top Rated Accident LawyerIf you need immediate assistance with a vehicle accident or personal injury, call our team now at 800-333-9999 to begin your free case review and schedule an initial consultation to get legal advice. Our law firm represents injured victims across many categories. Some popular cases our accident attorneys handle include:
- Big Truck and Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Product Liability Cases
Our Workers’ Comp Attorney Only Take Contingency Fees
Employees in the U.S. have a right to claim compensation after sustaining a workplace injury. While employers must ensure their employees receive fair awards, the employee usually has to seek legal representation, which can be costly.
Darryl “The Hammer” Isaacs and everyone at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will help you seek justice without charging any upfront fees or costs. We handle workers’ compensation cases on a contingency fee basis. When you reach out for a free consultation, you can learn about the percentage we might take from the award money as our legal fees after winning your case.
Partner With Our Workers’ Comp Attorney Serving Ashland Today
Get legal help filing your workers’ compensation case at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers. We can fight for your rights and allow you to concentrate on recovering from the accident. Our team has recovered more than $1 billion for past clients.
To learn more about working with our Ashland lawyers, call 1-800-333-9999 for your no-cost workers’ comp case review.