Build Your Case With A Madisonville Personal Injury Lawyer
Getting hurt in an accident can turn your world upside down. However, that doesn’t mean you should be the one to foot all the resulting bills. As such, you may pursue compensation from the other party who acted negligently and caused your injuries.
A Madisonville personal injury lawyer at our firm can calculate your damages and seek that amount on your behalf. Since 1993, Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers has won over $2 billion for our injury clients. We can put our more than 400 years of combined legal experience to work for you after you’ve suffered physically, emotionally, and financially.
Personal Injury Clients May Be Entitled To Recover Different Forms of Compensation
Based on the facts and circumstances of your case, you may be eligible to pursue financial recovery for:
- Past and future medical care bills: For hospitalizations, surgeries, medications, bloodwork and lab tests, rehabilitation, physical therapy, mobility aids, and follow-up appointments
- Past lost income: For wages, bonuses, commissions or tips, promotions, or other opportunities you missed if you had to rest at home
- Reduced earning potential: For the income you cannot earn in the future or the difference in pay if you cannot work at the same capacity
- Pain and suffering: For the physical discomfort and inconvenience you’ve had to endure
- Property damage expenses: For any vehicle repair or replacement costs if you were in a traffic collision
- Mental anguish: For the toll the accident has taken on your mental health (e.g., if you suffer from anxiety, PTSD, insomnia, etc.)
- Scarring and disfigurement: For the mobile restrictions or physical changes resulting from your injuries
If Your Loved One Passed Away From the Accident
Some people tragically lose their lives due to accidents. We offer our condolences if you suffered such a loss. With a wrongful death case, you could recover awards for loss of income or inheritance, loss of consortium, or loss of household services, as well as final medical care bills and funeral costs.
What a Personal Injury Attorney With Our Firm Serving Madisonville Can Do for You
Having one of our personal injury lawyers represent you will allow you to fully concentrate on your recovery and spend time with your loved ones.
Your lawyer will:
- Order a copy of the incident or crash report
- Collect photos and videos of the accident scene and resulting damages
- Interview witnesses
- Consult your doctors
- Go over your medical history
- Identify negligent parties
- Manage all communication with the involved parties
- Enter into settlement negotiations
Usually, we can negotiate an out-of-court settlement with the insurer. In the event we cannot come to this resolution, we will prepare your case for a trial. Once the insurance company sees that we mean business, they will typically settle to avoid the lengthy process and court fees. However, if they don’t, we will fight for your rights in court.
How Our Madisonville Personal Injury Team Is Paid
Let us help alleviate the financial burden you’re carrying and represent you on a contingency-fee basis. We understand that the time after an accident could take a toll on your bank account, so:
- Our team will offer you a free case review upon your initial call.
- We will not charge you any retainers or hourly rate.
- No upfront or out-of-pocket payments are necessary.
If your attorney reaches a settlement or wins your case in trial, their payment will come from that final figure. If they fail to secure an award for you, no payment is required.
Our Services Are Available to Injury Clients Who Have Suffered in Various Accidents
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers helps injury victims who have suffered due to:
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Catastrophic injuries
- Slip and fall accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Nursing home abuse
- Premises liability
- Dog bites
We also help clients file wrongful death cases if their loved one passed away from their accident-related injuries.
We Will Work to Prove the Other Party’s Negligence in Your Madisonville Personal Injury Case
Generally speaking, negligence is the central factor in all personal injury cases. We will aim to prove that the other party in your case was negligent in that they:
Owed You a Duty of Care
Whether you’re on the road, at a store, at a dog park, or elsewhere in Madisonville, all road users, visitors, and property owners are to ensure the safety of those around them.
Failed to Provide That Duty of Care
Once the other party puts your safety and well-being on the backburner, they breach their duty of care and are considered negligent. Examples may be:
- A driver speeding on Highway 41A
- A store manager at Parkway Plaza failing to fix a broken floor tile
- A dog owner failing to restrain their dog properly
Caused an Accident That Led to Your Injuries
This negligence led the other party to cause an accident and injure you as a result. Using the examples from above:
- The driver rear-ends you.
- You trip and fall on the broken tile.
- The dog bites you.
Caused Your Non-Economic and Economic Damages
We can use evidence to help us prove that the accident has harmed you. Medical bills, the accident report, photos and videos, and witness statements will be supplemental to your claim or lawsuit.
Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Madisonville, Kentucky
To file a lawsuit, you must comply with the deadlines the State of Kentucky sets. Your applicable time frame depends on the nature of the accident you or your loved one was involved in.
In most cases:
- Car accident victims have two years to file a lawsuit, perKy. Rev. Stat. §304.39-230.
- General personal injury claimants are given one year to file a personal injury lawsuit, according to Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.140(1).
- Those who lost a loved one are permitted one year from the day of death or the appointment of the estate representative to take wrongful death action, as Ky Rev. Stat. § 413.180 affirms.
If you fail to file before the statute expires, you may be barred from pursuing compensation from the liable party—even if you have a valid case.
Work With Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Today
Allow one of our personal injury lawyers to help you pursue a case after you or a family member was injured in Madisonville. For a free consultation, call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers.