Lawrence, Indiana is home to a number of attractions, including Camp Belzer, Fort Harrison State Park, and the Indianapolis Salt Cave. As welcoming as Lawrence can be, it is also a place where people can be hurt due to another party’s negligence.
If you suffered injuries in an accident in Lawrence, you may be entitled to compensation. A Lawrence personal injury lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help. We offer free consultations.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Lawrence
Our team accepts all the following types of injury cases in and around Lawrence:
- Car Accidents― Car crashes can cause serious injuries and leave victims with no way to pay their bills.
- Truck Accidents― Any accident involving a commercial truck becomes more complex because the trucking company could bear responsibility in many cases.
- Slip and Fall Accidents ― Slip and falls can cause injuries ranging from sprains and broken bones to spinal cord and head injuries.
- Medical Malpractice ― Wrong-site surgery, misdiagnosis, and birth injuries are examples of potential medical malpractice cases.
- Defective Products ― Consumer products are assumed to be safe but some items are inherently unsafe due to manufacturing defects, design defects, or a failure to warn/properly instruct.
- Premises Liability ― Many different kinds of injury claims could fall under a property owner’s responsibility to offer a safe location.
- Dog Bites ― If a dog bit you unprovoked, you may be able to sue the owner.
- Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse ― Residents of nursing homes who have been abused or denied proper care have grounds for legal action.
- Workplace Accidents ― You may be able to recover workers’ compensation benefits or file a third-party claim if you were injured on the job.
- Wrongful Death ― Family members who lost a loved one in an accident can file a wrongful death claim to recover compensation and seek justice.
Even if your case is not among those listed above, we recommend that you still contact our team to discuss what options you might have. Our lawyers could still assist and represent you, depending on your case.
Possible Compensation for a Lawrence Personal Injury Case
Many people will be immediately concerned about how much money they can recover in a personal injury case. The amount you can recover varies according to multiple factors.
You can recover economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages compensate a victim for monetary losses they have incurred or expect to incur in the future, such as:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future lost wages
- Property damage
- Medical device expenses
- Caregiver costs
- Rehabilitation costs
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Lost earning capacity
Non-economic damages are much more subjective and may include:
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Physical impairment
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Reputational injury
- Embarrassment or humiliation
A lawyer from our team will fight for a settlement that accurately accounts for your economic and non-economic damage totals.
You Have a Limited Time to Take Action for a Personal Injury in Indiana
A statute of limitations limits how long you have to take legal action. The statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits, Indiana Code §34-11-2-4, is two years from the date the cause of action accrues.
There are exceptions to the statute of limitations. If you qualify, the time will pause until a certain date. One exception includes a person who is legally disabled, such as a minor or a person who is otherwise incapable of taking action (a person in a coma). In such cases, the statute of limitations may be delayed (or tolled). These exceptions are very rare, so you should act quickly to avoid missing deadlines.
What to Do After an Accident in Lawrence
The following steps help to protect you physically and financially.
The first step to take after an accident in Lawrence is contacting the police. Contacting the police protects you from criminal liability for failure to report an accident and documents important information.
Seeing a Doctor
Your next step should be seeking medical attention. This can help you determine whether you may have injuries that have not manifested symptoms.
Gathering Evidence at the Scene
Some other important steps you can take while at the scene of the accident include taking pictures of the accident scene and exchanging information with the other party. When you cannot do these things because of your need for medical care, ask another person you know such as a friend, family member, or co-worker to do this for you.
Contacting a Lawyer
Once you have received medical attention, contact a law firm to discuss your case. You can give your attorney the strongest chance of building a strong case when you get them involved as soon as possible.
We Have Recovered $2 Billion for Our Clients
Did you suffer serious injuries in an accident in the greater Lawrence area? Make sure you contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers. Our firm has recorded record victories that include:
- $10 million for a truck accident
- $2.7 million for a car accident
- $1.5 million for a motorcycle accident
- $6.475 million for a bus accident
- $1.5 million for a pedestrian accident
- $4 million for a defective drugs case
You can read about our other case victories to see how we could help with your specific situation.
Call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Today
Call to get a free, full review of your case. We do not charge clients anything unless we recover an award, and you should know that we can also come to your home or hospital room if you cannot visit our office. Our firm has over 400 years of combined legal experience. Let us use that experience for you.