Yes, your truck accident lawyer will deal with the insurance companies for you. They can handle various aspects of an accident case, including communicating and negotiating a settlement with insurance companies. Injury attorneys are aware of certain tactics the insurers use that the average person might not know of.
Discretion is important when you are negotiating with insurance companies for a settlement. Saying one wrong thing is enough to give these companies the leeway to reject your claim. If you are asking yourself, “How will my truck accident lawyer deal with insurance companies for me?” Here is how.
What Are Some Ways a Truck Accident Lawyer Deals with Insurance Companies?
A truck accident lawyer will handle all aspects of the personal injury claim, including:
- Handling communication. The lawyer will respond to calls, e-mails, and in-person meetings with insurance representatives.
- Negotiating for settlement on your behalf. Insurance companies would prefer that they engage you in this process, as they know many truck accident victims might lack in-depth knowledge of the negotiation process. Lawyers know how to help you secure a fair settlement.
- Assessing the effects of the truck accident on your life. A truck accident lawyer will consider the injuries’ impact on your life. The assessment will reveal the right compensation that you should ask for.
Truck accident lawyers work in conjunction with other professionals. This helps them make accurate estimates of the economic and non-economic damages.
Is It Advisable to Work with Insurance Companies without Involving a Lawyer?
It is not advisable. However, you do not have a legal obligation to involve a lawyer in the negotiations process. The trouble with insurance companies is they focus on their interests. Insurance companies may engage in:
- Tactics to try to convince you to accept their settlement offers
- Taking too long to respond to your claims so that you stop pursuing it
- Offering lowball settlement and telling you that it is the best offer you can get
These companies resort to such tactics because their main interest is to protect their bottom line. Agreeing to pay a fair settlement jeopardizes this goal, so they may rely on truck accident victims’ inexperience when employing such tactics. Know that lawyers will focus on your interest every time.
What Evidence do Lawyers Use in Dealing with Insurance Companies?
Evidence is important during negotiations with insurance companies. These companies will only meet your compensation demands if they see the evidence you have will hold their client responsible. Your truck accident lawyer may rely on:
- The police report
- Dashcam footage, black box information, and employee records and logbooks
- Traffic citations
- Photographs of the truck accident scene at different angles
- Video footage showing what transpired before, during, and after the accident
- Testimonies from witnesses
- Medical reports showing the severity of your injuries
The above evidence, together with others, can prove that the at-fault driver was liable for causing your injuries.
What If the Insurance Companies Fail to Agree to a Settlement?
A truck accident lawyer will take your case to trial if an insurance company refuses to pay your damages. A jury will determine at the end of the trial if you deserve the compensation after analyzing evidence from both sides. Truck accident lawyers understand the litigation process, so you should not worry if the case goes to trial.
For a free legal consultation, call 800-333-9999
What Are the Damages That You Will Receive in a Truck Accident Case?
Truck accident victims have to deal with several financial losses aside from the bodily harm that the accident subjects them to. A truck accident lawyer will find out all your losses and request damages, such as:
- Past and upcoming medical expenses: This compensation will assist you with recovering the money you used to treat your injuries, as well as the cost of accessing treatment.
- Pain and suffering: This compensation will help you cope with the physical and emotional distress caused by the accident.
- Lost earnings: The compensation reimburses earnings you lost from being absent from work because of the injuries.
- Property damage: These awards are meant to cover the repair or replacement costs for any property that was damaged during the accident.
If your loved one passed away due to their truck accident injuries, you may pursue wrongful death compensation.
Get Legal Help From Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers
The truck accident lawyers at our firm will deal with the insurance companies for you while you recover from your injuries. Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers has a combined legal experience of over 400 years.
Reach out to us at 1-800-800-8888 for a free consultation.
Call or text 800-333-9999 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form