An insurance company will determine if your truck is repaired or replaced after an accident in Indianapolis, IN. According to Indiana statutes, a vehicle is generally considered to be a total loss if the cost of repairing it is greater than 70% of the vehicle’s pre-accident actual cash value.
Whose Insurance Company Will Determine Whether My Truck Is Repaired or Replaced?
Indiana is an at-fault state. This means if another driver is liable for your accident, then their insurance policy should cover damages to your vehicle.
As the Indiana Department of Insurance (IDOI) explains, motorists must have a minimum of $25,000 in property damage coverage. If repairing or replacing your truck is $25,000 or less, you may be covered through an insurance claim—although this is no guarantee.
In some cases, you may want to file a claim with your own insurance company even if the other driver is at fault. Your insurance company can then pursue a claim against the responsible driver’s insurer for reimbursement for the cost of your repairs. Dealing with insurance companies can be a challenge after a truck accident. An attorney can handle all communications for you when getting your vehicle repaired or replaced.
Am I Guaranteed to Get the Insurance Coverage I Deserve?
Even if you’re entitled to insurance coverage after a truck accident in Indianapolis, you may face challenges, including:
- Allegations that you’re at fault for your truck accident: Liable parties and insurance companies often try to avoid paying victims of truck accidents. One way to avoid paying is to accuse the victim of causing the accident. Be careful when speaking to the insurance agent and avoid admitting any fault in your accident.
- Weak settlement offers: Insurance companies sometimes offer a quick settlement after a truck accident. They may hope that financial pressures will cause you to accept a low offer. However, these offers are often less than you may need to have your truck repaired or replaced.
- Deceptive tactics: An insurance company may use deceptive tactics to avoid paying your claim. They may record your statements and try to misrepresent your words. They may also claim that the first settlement offer will be the only settlement offer they give—even if it’s not true.
These are just three of the many challenges you could face during the claims process. An attorney from our firm will address such challenges, so you don’t have to.
For a free legal consultation, call 800-333-9999
How Will Insurance Companies Evaluate My Losses After a Truck Accident?
To determine the compensation you deserve, one or more insurance companies will evaluate the cost of your damages. Their evaluation process may include:
- Damage to your truck: The insurance company will determine the actual cash value of your truck. They will consider the truck’s age, mileage, and general condition. The insurance company may then contact auto repair professionals to determine the cost of repairing the vehicle. This process will help the insurer determine whether your truck should be repaired or replaced.
- Your medical care: Insurance should cover medical care for your injuries. The insurance company may work with medical professionals to understand the cost of all necessary treatments, both now and in the future.
Should I Hire an Attorney After a Truck Accident in Indianapolis?
Working with an attorney for a truck accident in Indianapolis can help with your insurance claim. If your losses exceed the value of insurance coverage, or other challenges stand in the way of a fair insurance payment, then we can work to reach a settlement with the insurance company.
An attorney can:
- Protect you: We will deal with insurance companies and others involved in your case. Protecting your right to financial recovery will be one of our primary goals.
- Negotiate an insurance payment: We will negotiate with insurance companies or liable parties to pursue the financial recovery you deserve.
- Work with experts and your doctors: Our firm collaborates with experts who can make your case stronger. We have the resources to hire experts who will investigate what happened and testify on your behalf.
- File any necessary lawsuit: If we need to file a lawsuit for you, we won’t hesitate. If the insurance company refuses to settle, we will prepare to take your case to court.
When you choose to work with our firm, you can focus your attention on other matters. Your recovery may consume much of your time and effort. Our team will handle your case, so you can concentrate on your treatment and healing.
Call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Today
Speak with our firm at no cost and with no obligations. We will review your case and explain how to move forward toward justice. We charge no upfront fees or costs, and we only receive a fee if we win or settle your case.
Call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation. We can help with the insurance claims process if your truck needs to be repaired or replaced after a truck accident in Indianapolis.