After a truck accident, you should not talk to the trucking company before hiring a lawyer. The trucking company can collect information and use it against you during your claim. Also, if you’ve never filed an injury claim, you will be at a disadvantage engaging with the trucking company without a lawyer.
We recommend working with a law firm when dealing with the trucking company since they understand the claim process and will deliver the best results for your case.Inform the caller you’re working with a truck accident lawyer and contact a truck accident lawyer. The lawyer will listen to your incident and explain all your legal options. Having the services of a lawyer will level the playing field against the trucking company. Lawyers ensure their clients receive the settlement they deserve through negotiations or litigations.
How Can a Lawyer Assist With Your Truck Accident Case?
Apart from leveling the playing field with their experience in personal injury law and safeguarding your rights to compensation, a truck accident lawyer will handle all aspects of your injury claim from start to finish. Lawyers make the claim process less stressful as you recover from your injuries.
Here are more ways a lawyer will help:
- Build your claim case. A lawyer will collect evidence to prove liability and identify the liable party. The lawyer must establish a duty of care breached by the party at fault. Your lawyer can work with doctors and experts on scene reconstruction to make your case more credible against the insurance company. Interviewing the witnesses will also help your case significantly since they saw the accident unfold.
- Communicate with the insurance company. Your lawyer will communicate with the insurance company on your behalf and negotiate the best settlement. A legal team can safeguard your interest by ensuring you receive the actual value of your claim. Working with a law firm consequently increases the chances of a good outcome.
- Help determine the value of your claim. A lawyer will determine the value of your claim to ensure the insurance company doesn’t underpay. The claim’s worth is based on money incurred during treatment, both past and future, pain and suffering, and lost income or wages during the recovery period.
- Represent you in court. Most truck accident compensation cases are settled out of court. Even if you disagree with the insurance company on the amount of compensation and you file a court case, they’re likely to pay before the trial. However, if you file a lawsuit in court, your lawyer will be by your side through the entire process. Your lawyer will build a solid case to guarantee a positive outcome.
For a free legal consultation, call 800-333-9999
What Should You Do After a Truck Accident?
If you’re in a truck accident and sustained injuries, there are some crucial steps to follow to help with the aftermath. Also, if you’re a family member of a truck accident victim, there are things you can do to safeguard their rights and legal options after the accident.
Here are the steps to take after a truck accident:
- Call 911:If a truck accident happens, call 911. The dispatcher will direct your call to the police and emergency responders. Inform the dispatcher approximately the number of victims to send the required ambulances. Even if the accident seems minor, inform the police and get a police report, which can be used as evidence in your injury claim.
- Seek Medical Care:After the accident, seek immediate medical attention even if you think you’re okay. Some internal injuries don’t have immediate symptoms. If you seek medical treatment later for your injuries, proving they are connected to the truck accident will be challenging. Also, it’s essential to keep a good history of your medical reports for use when filing your injury claim.
- Record Evidence at the Accident Scene: If you’re not seriously injured, you can document evidence by taking pictures and videos using your cellphone and collecting the other driver’s contact information and eyewitness statements.
- Engage a Lawyer:After a truck accident, involving a lawyer immediately could be crucial to your injury claim. The lawyer will offer professional advice and gather sufficient evidence to prove your claim and ensure you receive a fair settlement.
Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers for Legal Help
If, after a truck accident, the trucking company calls you before hiring a truck accident lawyer, inform the caller you have a lawyer and contact us immediately. Our Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers team will handle all communications with the trucking company or the insurance provider. We shall protect your legal interest and ensure you receive total financial compensation. Call our firm for a free consultation and legal help.