If you or a family member was involved in a truck accident in Indiana, you may be struggling physically, emotionally, and financially. However, you can seek compensation to help you manage your recovery and support your family. One of our firm’s truck accident lawyers can help you make your claim, handle communication with the opposing party and their insurance company, and help you get a sense of closure after the incident. Here’s precisely what a truck accident lawyer will do for you in Indiana.
How Can a Truck Accident Lawyer Help Me Seek Compensation?
One of the first things a lawyer from our firm will do is help you determine which damages you may recover in a personal injury claim or lawsuit. If you lost a loved one in a truck accident, your lawyer will go over the other damages you could recover in a wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
Defining and Valuing Your Damages
Depending on your situation, you may be able to claim the following damages:
- Medical costs, including emergency care and hospital bills
- Physical therapy expenses
- The costs involved in any care you need, like in-home care
- The costs of any assistive equipment you require
- Bills for the repair or replacement of your vehicle
- Income you couldn’t or still can’t earn due to your injuries
- Pain and suffering you’ve endured
- Mental anguish
- Funeral and burial or cremation expenses if you lost a loved one
Your lawyer can help you value each of your losses to reach a final compensation amount that you will seek in your case.
Filing Your Claim or Lawsuit
After you and your attorney have discussed your damages and whether to file a claim or lawsuit, your attorney will begin the filing process, meeting any possible filing deadlines. Your attorney will file your claim or lawsuit with the other party’s insurance company and/or a court, taking care of all communications with them.
Negotiating Your Settlement or Arguing Your Case
The other party’s insurer may be willing to settle your case to avoid going to court. In this case, your lawyer will negotiate the terms of your settlement, requesting the damages you deserve. If the insurer isn’t willing to offer a fair settlement, your attorney can take them to court and argue your case there.
For a free legal consultation, call 800-333-9999
What Else Can a Truck Accident Lawyer Do for You?
By helping you seek compensation, your lawyer will also help you hold the other party accountable for their negligence. There may be a few different benefits to this.
For one, holding the other party accountable may help bring about a sense of closure after your incident. This could aid in your mental and emotional recovery. Also, by helping the truck driver and/or their employer recognize their mistake, you may help prevent other similar incidents in the future.
Something else a lawyer from our firm will do for you is give you the legal representation you deserve and may be desperate for. Facing a trucking company’s insurer and their lawyers can be very intimidating and even diminishing, but a lawyer can face them on your behalf and stand up for you.
Do I Need a Truck Accident Lawyer?
You don’t necessarily need a truck accident lawyer for your case, but you may find one invaluable. A lawyer from our firm will help you determine what your damages are, claim those damages, and negotiate or fight for your settlement or judgment.
Additionally, your lawyer can:
- Help you understand state and local laws and how your case could progress
- Handle all the legal paperwork for you
- Show evidence, like accident reports and your medical records, to support your case
- Have witnesses make statements and experts make testimonies to bolster your case
- Establish the other party’s negligence and liability for you
Our firm’s lawyers:
- Have licenses in IN, OH, NV, TX, IL, and KY
- Have over 400 years of combined experience
- Are fully capable of litigating your case if necessary
- Don’t charge any fees or costs until we recover compensation for a client
- Have recovered $1 billion in settlements for our clients
Meeting the Deadline for Your Case
Finally, if you want to file a personal injury lawsuit in your case, one of our firm’s attorneys can help you meet the filing deadline. You have two years from the date of an incident to file a personal injury lawsuit in Indiana, according to IC § 34-11-2-4.
Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Today
If you believe a truck accident lawyer would be invaluable in your or your loved one’s case, contact us at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers. When you call, we’ll tell you more about our truck accident attorneys and invite you for a free case review with a team member. During your review, we’ll go over your damages and help you decide how to proceed with your case.
Call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers today for your free case review.