Whether you should take the first offer from a truck accident claim depends on your situation. If the insurer’s initial offer meets your past, present, and future needs, you could accept it. If not, however, you can negotiate for a better deal.
A truck accident lawyer can manage all dealings with the insurance company while you recover from your condition. They can advise you on whether an offer is fair and provide additional legal advice.
Compensation Should Account for Each of Your Losses
When our team manages your truck accident case, we don’t see you as an injured person. We see you as someone missing time from work, facing painful conditions, and wondering about your legal options. As such, when determining what you’re owed, we’ll consider:
- Your necessary healthcare needs, including surgeries and medications
- Lost income and future harm to your earning power
- Your pain and suffering
- Your role in the accident
- The liable insurance policy’s limits
You shouldn’t have to pay for another party’s mistakes. Our team will fight for everything you need to promote your physical, emotional, and financial stability.
For a free legal consultation, call 800-333-9999
Be Careful About Accepting the Insurer’s First Offer
Once you agree to a settlement from the liable insurer, it’ll ask you to sign a waiver releasing it from liability. This means, if you incur additional losses, the insurer is not responsible, and you could have to pay for certain losses out of pocket.
You shouldn’t accept an offer if:
- You haven’t yet reached maximum medical improvement (MMI), meaning you have not fully healed from your condition.
- Your damages’ cost is still evolving, and you’re not sure what you’re owed.
- Your damages exceed the liable policy’s limits.
Your truck accident lawyer will determine what you need by reviewing your damage-related documentation, as well as consulting with field experts. If you’re offered a low settlement, and negotiations aren’t going anywhere, you can file a lawsuit against the at-fault party to secure what you need.
Should I Hire a Truck Accident Lawyer After Getting Injured?
Insurance adjusters are not on your side. While legally required to be fair and objective in handling claims, insurance adjusters are hired, trained, and paid to save their companies money. That means they look for every opportunity possible to pay less than you need––or deny your case for no valid reason.
Reasons to consider legal aid include:
- Your lawyer will have experience dealing with insurance companies. Some insurers cooperate better than others, and your lawyer will know what strategies to employ to get what you deserve.
- Some insurers don’t take unrepresented claimants seriously. When you file an insurance claim, the insurer may disregard your case and take its time when offering compensation. Matters may change when you hire a lawyer. Sometimes, this alone compels insurers to offer what injured clients need.
- You might not know what constitutes a fair settlement. You might know what your medical bills are worth. But what about your projected lost income? Your property damage expenses? Your lawyer will use their network of resources to determine what you need.
Many insurance companies don’t operate in good faith, meaning they sometimes pressure or intimidate claimants into accepting less than they deserve. When you partner with a lawyer, they can stand between you and any unfair practices that prevent you from getting what you need.
How Could a Lawyer from Our Firm Negotiate a Fair Offer?
Your truck accident lawyer may push for a better settlement offer by:
- Presenting compelling evidence to support your case, such as testimony from accident reconstruction specialists
- Demonstrating the impact of your injury on your life
- Reviewing the liable insurance policy and showing the coverage you’re entitled to receive
- Calling on witnesses to testify on your behalf
Our Lawyers Have Recovered More Than $2 Billion for Injured Claimants
Our law firm has more than 400 years of collective legal experience advocating for injured claimants and their loved ones. When it comes to motor vehicle collisions, some of our previous outcomes include:
- $10 million for a fatal truck accident
- $5.25 million for a woman injured in a collision involving a tanker truck
- $3.65 million for an injured claimant “cut off” by a semi-truck
- $1.25 million for a collision caused by a UPS driver
These are just some of the outcomes we’ve achieved for injured claimants and their loved ones. You can trust that with our team on your side, we’ll fight for the compensation the trucking company owes you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Let Our Truck Accident Lawyers Help Negotiate Your Claim
Insurance companies are notorious for low-balling injured claimants. Yet, you don’t have to accept the insurance company’s first offer. You can partner with a lawyer who can negotiate for the funds you need.
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers offers free case reviews to injured claimants interested in exploring their legal options. To consult with our team about your case, connect with us today.