You or a family member may be a victim of a motorcycle accident in Indiana. If so, it’s worth it to hire a motorcycle accident lawyer to help you file a claim or lawsuit, represent yourself, and recover your due damages. There’s a lot a lawyer from our firm can do for you, and there’s no financial risk in hiring one of our lawyers. Here’s precisely why it’s worth hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer in Indiana.
How Can a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help With My Compensation Claim?
When you consult with a lawyer from our firm, they’ll go over all of the damages you can claim in either a personal injury claim or lawsuit. The lawyer will go over other damages you could claim in a wrongful death claim or lawsuit if you lost a family member in an accident.
The attorney may suggest claiming damages like:
- Bills for your personal property: You may have to repair or replace your motorcycle after your accident. Your bills can be claimed as damages.
- Your medical bills and related bills: These could include bills for medical treatment, physical therapy, assistive devices, and even assisted living.
- Lost income: If you haven’t been able to work due to your injuries, you can claim any income (and benefits) you’ve lost. You can even claim income you may lose in the future.
- Pain and suffering: Due to your injuries, you’ve likely experienced significant pain and suffering, and possibly mental anguish. You can claim these intangible damages.
- Disability/disfigurement: You may have suffered a physical disability or physical disfigurement due to your injuries. If so, you can claim these intangible damages as well.
- Loss of consortium: Being deprived of some of the benefits of a familial relationship.
- Burial or cremation and funeral costs: If you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident.
After going through your damages with you, your attorney will:
- Calculate the value of your tangible damages and attribute a monetary value to your intangible damages
- File your claim, filling out all the legal paperwork for you
- Negotiate a settlement with the other party’s insurance company or argue for a fair judgment from a court
- Support your claim with evidence, like the motorcycle accident report and traffic camera footage
- Interview witnesses to see if they’d be willing to provide a testimony
- Hire experts for their statements about your case
- Establish the other party’s liability
For a free legal consultation, call 800-333-9999
Is Pursuing Compensation on Your Own Difficult?
You may find it difficult to do everything we’ve mentioned on your own. For example, establishing the other party’s liability requires showing and perhaps even demonstrating their negligence, which may be difficult to do by yourself. An attorney from our firm can hire an accident reconstructionist to demonstrate the other party’s negligence, which would be easier.
Also, facing and negotiating with the other party’s insurer and lawyer can be intimidating, but a lawyer can do this on your behalf. It can be even more intimidating to face a court, but again, a lawyer can do this for you.
All of the services an attorney offers can help you pursue and recover your due damages.
So, Is It Worth It to Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Considering how difficult pursuing compensation on your own may be, as well as how much a motorcycle accident lawyer will do for you, it could easily be worth it to hire the lawyer. You should also consider the costs involved in hiring a lawyer.
At our firm, the attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, so there are no up-front or hourly fees or costs involved, and you won’t pay us unless we recover compensation for you. Your attorney will simply take a portion of the compensation as payment. This fee arrangement makes hiring a lawyer much more affordable for most people.
Additionally, your initial consultation with us will be completely free of charge. You have nothing to lose by consulting with us.
Consider Our Attorneys’ Expertise Too
You should also consider that our legal team:
- Has over 400 years of combined experience helping clients like you
- Possess licenses in IN, OH, NV, TX, IL, and KY
- Consists of fully capable litigators
- Has recovered $1 billion in settlements for their clients
Also Consider the Deadline for Filing a Lawsuit
Even if you’re not considering filing a lawsuit, you may want to keep the option open since it may become your best option at a point. One of the attorneys at our firm can get to work on your case right away and keep it on track to meet the filing deadline for a personal injury lawsuit. In Indiana, this deadline is two years from the date of an incident, according to IC § 34-11-2-4.
We’re Standing By to Take Your Call
If you or a loved one would like to consult with a member of our team, call us at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers. We’ll invite you for your free case review. In your case review, we’ll tell you more about how one of our motorcycle accident lawyers will help you recover your due compensation.
Call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers today.