Medical technology has continued to advance, with great improvements being made in the care of patients with chronic illnesses. Advancements include the production of medical devices vital in improving the quality of life for such patients. But, when these medical devices have flaws and technological issues, they could malfunction, causing grievous bodily harm and even death.
A defective medical device attorney in Bowling Green handles several cases and can help families secure damages for their loss. The personal injury lawyers with Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers
How Can a Bowling Green Defective Medical Device Lawyer Help?
Injuries or deaths sustained from defective medical devices have become common. If you suffer loss from using these devices, a Bowling Green defective medical device lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help you seek legal justice.
When you seek the help of a lawyer, they will take on the heavy lifting that comes with filing a legal claim while you take time to heal from your injuries.
A Bowling Green defective medical device lawyer will:
- Investigate your case
- Collect relevant evidence to prove that the liable party did not meet their duty of care
- Review evidence and other reports associated with your injuries and damages
- File your claim within the deadline
- Communicate on your behalf with the at-fault party and their insurance company
- Negotiate on your behalf
- Represent you in court if negations fail
- Communicate with you often to keep you informed of your case progress
Determining liability in a medical device claim can be tricky and may involve many parties. A deeper investigation by your lawyer may be needed to determine true liability. Possible liable parties include:
- The device manufacturer
- The prescribing doctor or nurse
- The parent company for lack of warning or labeling on the device itself
- The retail store for carrying defective devices
For a free legal consultation with a defective medical device lawyer serving Bowling Green, call 800-333-9999
Contingency Fees for a Bowling Green Defective Medical Device Lawyer
When you hire our Bowling Green defective medical device lawyer, we will review your case for free. Our law firm, Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, only charges a contingency fee if we win your case.
You do not have to pay out of pocket for our services, as we collect payment once you receive your final payout. We do not want to add to your financial situation when faced with difficult times; that is why the contingency basis works well for our clients and us.
Bowling Green Defective Medical Device Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Kentucky’s Statute of Limitations for Defective Medical Device Lawsuits
In Kentucky, if you have been injured or suffered a loss thanks to a defective medical device, you have up to one year to file your lawsuit.
These cases usually fall under the product liability case rather than medical malpractice. The difference is that a product liability case lists the device’s manufacturer as the defendant because it malfunctioned. A medical malpractice case lists a medical professional as a defendant for gross medical negligence.
Damages Recoverable from a Defective Medical Device Lawsuit
According to our Bowling Green defective medical device lawyer, damages from defective medical device lawsuits vary depending on the type of medical device in question. Nonetheless, there are two categories for the kind of loss you suffer in this case: economic and non-economic.
Economic damages are all the losses you have suffered that have an economic consequence and are easier to prove with documents and receipts. These include:
- Loss of income due to injuries that put you out of work for a time or indefinitely
- Accrued medical costs
- Lost earning ability if your injuries are too severe to return to work
You can also seek compensation for non-economic losses. These damages are paid out to compensate for injuries that are difficult to quantify, like trauma and emotional suffering.
- Loss of consortium implies that you or your spouse have lost a certain aspect of their lives thanks to the injury. This could be the loss of companionship and affection in case of wrongful death.
- Pain and suffering caused by the injury can be hard to place a price on. This is brought about by psychological suffering and other emotional aspects that are hard to quantify.
Your defective medical device lawyer in Bowling Green will assess your case and determine which types of damages apply to your claim and which ones do not. Regardless keep all documents and other items to prove further the damages associated with your claim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Causes of Loss Suffered from Medical Device Failure
In America, the FDA has stringent rules that must be adhered to before a product is made available on the market. Despite these rigorous guidelines, faulty medical devices still find their way to the shelves and into unsuspecting people’s hands.
The main causes of loss and injury suffered from a defective medical device include:
- Poor labeling on the device
- Poor or inadequate testing of the device before releasing it to the market
- Lack of proper instructions on how to use the medical device
Work with a Bowling Green Defective Medical Device Attorney
New medical technology is supposed to make your life easier, not introduce pain and suffering. If you or a loved one have suffered from the use of a defective medical device in Kentucky, contact a Bowling Green defective medical device lawyer today. Your chances of winning damages are better when you place them in our hands.
Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers today for your free case consultation. During your free consultation, we can answer your pressing legal questions and help to create a plan for you moving forward. Your first meeting with us puts you under no obligation to hire our firm.