Catastrophic injuries can happen to anyone. They can dramatically alter the course of your life. Victims are often left with long-term disabilities and may be unable to work or earn an income.
These injuries can be caused by another negligent party. If your case involves negligence, you may have grounds to pursue a fair settlement. A West Lafayette catastrophic injury lawyer can assist you with this process and help you win.
How Will a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Help Me?
Catastrophic injury cases have several moving parts. They involve negotiations and legal maneuvering. A catastrophic injury lawyer can function as your case assistant and representative throughout this process.
Catastrophic injury victims often assume that insurers have their best interests in mind. Oftentimes, though, the opposite is true. During your case, insurers may try to:
- Use your recorded statement against you
- Take advantage of your compromised position and offer you an unfair settlement
- Outright refuse a fair settlement offer
You may be able to secure a settlement without the help of a lawyer. However, a lawyer can work to protect you from bad faith insurance practices. If the insurer lowballs you, your lawyer will know and help you fight for a better offer.
Evidence lies at the heart of every successful catastrophic injury case. It can be used to assign liability and demonstrate the extent of your injuries.
A catastrophic injury lawyer can analyze and utilize these types of evidence on your behalf:
- Medical records that illustrate the severity of your injuries
- Medical invoices
- Police or incident reports
- Eyewitness statements
- Professional testimony from relevant specialists, like a crash reconstruction expert or doctor
To succeed in a catastrophic injury case, you must assign liability. If you were hurt and there’s no obvious liable party, you may be unable to secure a settlement.
In assigning liability, a lawyer will examine the facts of your case. The previously discussed types of evidence are critical to this process. Your lawyer will establish that:
- The liable party had an obligation to keep you safe.
- They failed to uphold this obligation and behaved negligently.
- This failure was the cause of your injury.
- You suffered a catastrophic injury as a result.
Liable parties in a catastrophic injury case could include:
- A civilian driver
- A truck driver
- A dog owner
- A large business
- A property owner
- Another party who caused your injuries
File Your Insurance Claim or Lawsuit
Filing an insurance claim or lawsuit involves submitting a range of documentation. The catastrophic injury lawyer assigned to your case can submit this documentation.
For lawsuits, this process includes:
- Filing the initial lawsuit
- Taking depositions (recorded pre-trial interviews)
- Submitting subpoenas (a request for information or witness testimony)
- Negotiating with the opposing legal team
- Fighting for your fair compensation
- Pushing for a satisfying and expedient case outcome
Above all, assistance with insurance negotiations, filing, and liability will make your life easier. If you’re seeking a catastrophic injury lawyer, you probably already have a lot of worries. Your legal proceedings don’t need to contribute to these worries.
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving West Lafayette, call 800-333-9999
What Is the Value of a Catastrophic Injury Case?
Catastrophic injuries can occur in a range of scenarios. In the past, our lawyers have represented clients who have been injured by:
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Dog bites
- Truck accidents
- Wrongful death accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability accidents
- And more
These cases vary considerably. A victim of a dog bite attack might suffer from torn tendons that prevent them from using their injured arm. Truck accident victims may experience traumatic brain injuries or bone fractures after their crash.
Ultimately, the type and severity of your catastrophic injuries will determine the value of your case. Given the range of injuries you may be suffering from, it’s nearly impossible to guess the value of your case without an expert review.
However, catastrophic injuries typically share similar damages, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium, a legal term that describes the loss of a loved one
- Medical expenses
- Reduction in earning capacity
A West Lafayette catastrophic injury lawyer can review your potential damages. During this review, they can estimate a value for each damage. Knowing the estimated value of your case can protect you from unfair settlement offers.
West Lafayette Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
The Benefits of Selecting a Catastrophic Injury Attorney from Our Firm
We’re committed to two things: our case results and our clients.
Our case results speak for themselves. They demonstrate a proven track record of legal success. We’ve won over $2 billion for our clients over the years. Individual cases have seen settlements of more than $1 million.
These monetary values are meaningless without the input of our clients, though. When a firm doesn’t care about its clients, it shows. An aloof lawyer can make your legal experience more unpleasant than it needs to be.
Our client testimonials show that our lawyers and representatives are everything but aloof, though. We strive to make everyone who walks through our doors feel like family. Read about the positive experiences of our clients below:
- “I had a great experience working with Stephanie W. from Isaacs & Isaacs following an auto accident. She responded to all of my questions in a timely manner and was very helpful and informative throughout the entire process. Thank you, Stephanie!!” – Jeremy R.
- “I highly recommend if you are ever injured to call Isaacs & Isaacs. It is honestly the best decision I ever made. They are very patient and very caring. I absolutely 100% recommend Isaacs & Isaacs.” – Melissa G.
Pay Attention to Your Catastrophic Injury Case Deadline
Case deadlines, also called statutes of limitations, are no joke. If you miss this deadline, you won’t be able to file your case. This can leave you without any way to secure fair compensation.
Per IC § 34-11-2-4, the statute of limitations for catastrophic injury cases in Indiana is typically two years. We strongly encourage you to pay close attention to this deadline. Nothing is more heartbreaking than losing your chance to receive compensation.
If you sign on with us as a client, our lawyers can help you manage the deadline process. We won’t let you miss your shot.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Hire a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Today
Our team works on contingency. This means you won’t pay any upfront fees or costs, and we only receive payment if we win your case. We care about the residents of West Lafayette, and we want to make sure they’re taken care of.
Call our offices or use our online application to get started on a free case evaluation. During this evaluation, we can put all your burning questions to rest and discuss how we could work together going forward. All it takes is one call.