The loss of a loved one can be a life-altering event, leaving you and your family facing considerable trauma and worrying about how they’ll support themselves going forward. The knowledge that another party’s negligence caused their death could compound your grief further.
However, you don’t have to face a wrongful death case alone. A Warsaw wrongful death attorney from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers could manage your claim, allowing your family time and space to grieve. Our team will fight for fair compensation.
How Much Are Wrongful Death Cases Worth?
Wrongful deaths can occur in various contexts. For example, semi-truck accidents can cause a loss of life. So can defective medical equipment.
Typical wrongful death cases result from:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Criminal acts
While all these incidents could result in wrongful death, the contexts in which they occurred are rarely the same. As a result, there’s no sure-fire way to estimate the value of a wrongful death case.
Available Damages in Wrongful Death Claims
Damages quantify the losses you’ve suffered in a wrongful death case. They may include:
- Funeral expenses
- Medical expenses incurred before your loved one died
- The loss of your loved one’s income
These damages are considered economic damages and demonstrate financial losses caused by a wrongful death. However, noneconomic damages are intangible and account for emotional trauma from losing a close interpersonal relationship. They often include:
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of your loved one’s companionship and emotional support
Damages vary from case to case. Without the guidance of a wrongful death attorney, you might find it challenging to calculate the monetary value of your noneconomic damages and fairly assess the value of your case. Their advice could help you determine a reasonable value for your case.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Warsaw, call 800-333-9999
What Exactly Is a Wrongful Death Case?
Kentucky law defines wrongful death as the passing of your loved one resulting from “an injury inflicted by the negligence or wrongful act of another.”
Our wrongful death lawyers serving Warsaw will work with you to provide sufficient evidence to prove the above statement. To do so, they can review:
- Eyewitness accounts of the events preceding your loved one’s death
- Photos and videos of the event or crash scene
- Your loved one’s medical records
- Expert statements from doctors or crash reconstruction specialists
- Evidence of the liable party’s previous history of negligence
This evidence will prove invaluable in a wrongful death case. If you file a civil lawsuit, your legal team must prove that it is more likely than not that the defendant’s actions caused your loved one’s death.
Warsaw Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
How a Wrongful Death Lawyer Can Help Me Win My Case
Wrongful death cases come with a slew of challenges. For example, you might have to deal with an insurer operating in bad faith. In addition, you may face a seasoned legal team in court during a civil lawsuit.
A wrongful death attorney serving Warsaw can help you surmount these obstacles by:
- Aggressively fighting for fair compensation
- Speaking with any parties involved in the case on your behalf
- Examining and compiling evidence
- Submitting necessary documentation
- Filing a lawsuit
- Representing your interests in the courtroom
To pursue a wrongful death claim on your own, you must understand the web of Kentucky statutes regarding wrongful death and deal with several parties, each vying for their interests. However, a wrongful death lawyer could provide you with clarity and allow you to spend less time stressing over the details of your case.
Choosing a Wrongful Death Lawyer from Our Firm
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we care about results. Since our founding, we’ve secured over $1 billion in settlement money for our clients.
These are a few of our notable wrongful death case victories:
- $10 million for the family of a man who died in a highway accident
- $2.7 million for the family of a man killed by a combine tractor
- $900,000 for the family of a woman who died in a car accident after a restaurant overserved her
However, case results are meaningless without the testimonials of our clients. Read about what they have to say about our firm:
- “My attorney listened to me. I really believe she cared about my concerns. She took time out of her busy schedule to hear ME. She always responded back in an excellent time frame. Correspondence from her was always professional. I would recommend Julianne again.” – Leslie M.
- “Professional people who work hard to obtain the most for you and whatever your situation. They really do fight for you tooth and nail. They are a voice in what’s fair and right.” – Brandon D.
Wrongful death cases don’t just carry an emotional burden. In addition, they often come with financial challenges. Our firm is aware of this fact and has structured our pricing plan with accessibility in mind.
We offer free case evaluations to potential clients and work on a contingency basis. As a result, you won’t pay any upfront fees or costs to secure a wrongful death attorney from our firm. Finally, we won’t charge you anything unless we settle or win your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Clock on Your Wrongful Death Case Is Ticking
Ky. Rev. Stat. § 413.180 requires you to file your wrongful death case within one year of your loved one’s passing. If you miss this deadline, you won’t be able to file your case.
We advise you to file your claim as soon as you can. You’ll want plenty of time to compile the evidence you need. Plus, there’s no reason to throw away a case because you missed your deadline.
Our wrongful death attorneys can make sure your case stays on track:
- We’ll help you meet statutory deadlines
- We’ll gather and organize your evidence
- We’ll keep you updated on the status of your case
Hire a Wrongful Death Lawyer From Our Firm Today
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers has over 400 years of combined legal experience. Our team stands ready to help Warsaw residents fight for fair compensation.
We can support both English- and Spanish-language speakers. Call our office or fill out a free case evaluation form online to get started today.