Are you suffering from a catastrophic injury? Have you been unable to work after your accident? You’re not alone. Catastrophic injuries, whether they occurred in a car accident or elsewhere, can dramatically alter the course of your life.
Another party may be responsible for your injuries. If you believe negligence played a role in your accident, we can help. Our Warsaw catastrophic injury lawyers are prepared to do whatever it takes to secure fair compensation.
How Much Are Catastrophic Injuries Worth?
The worth of your case will depend on the specifics of your situation. Some people recover relatively quickly from their catastrophic injuries. Others are left disabled and unable to earn a consistent income.
This variability in case outcomes means that there’s no surefire way to guess the value of a case. You may need a lawyer for an accurate assessment.
However, catastrophic injuries usually share one thing in common: damages. Damages are a legal category that account for the losses you’ve experienced. They exist to reimburse you and make you whole after your accident.
Typically, they include:
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Physical therapy
- Other costs linked to your case
The process of reimbursing you after an accident is called “recovering damages”. This process may include the pursuit of a lawsuit or insurance settlement.
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Warsaw, call 800-333-9999
How a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Will Pursue Damages
Pursuing damages is complicated. It involves multiple steps and often requires in-depth knowledge of Indiana’s legal codes.
This process includes:
If the pursuit of damages is a house, you can think of evidence as the foundation. Without a strong foundation, a house, or legal case, will eventually collapse. You need to have strong evidence to have a strong case. This process is oftentimes called discovery.
A lawyer working on your behalf will turn to these sources to gather evidence:
- Your medical records, which will show the severity of your injuries
- Footage or images of where the accident took place
- Testimonies from witnesses
- Testimonies from experts
- Any other relevant case evidence
Finding the Liable Party
This evidence will be used to link a potentially liable party to your injuries. This link is created by proving the following four statements:
- The liable party owed you a duty of care.
- The liable party breached this duty of care by behaving in a negligent manner.
- This breach contributed to your injuries.
- Your medical records demonstrate that you suffered injuries.
Liable parties vary from case to case. Catastrophic injuries are a particularly broad category. A liable party in your case could be:
- A business owner
- A truck driver
- A car driver
- A party responsible for maintaining property safety
- A landlord
Managing Case Communications
Juggling all the parties involved in a legal case is a full-time job. You’ll need to communicate with the liable party, their representatives, and any other relevant officials.
Insurance negotiations can be tricky, too. While insurers aren’t out to get you, they may be out to skimp you on your settlement. Your initial settlement offer from an insurance may be lower than it should be.
A lawyer can manage these communications and prepare you for interacting with an insurer. They can also identify and protect you from bad-faith insurance practices.
The Pursuit of Compensation
The final step of the catastrophic injury process is the actual pursuit of compensation. Your lawyer can negotiate with insurers for a fair settlement or file a lawsuit. This step necessitates all of those that precede it.
Warsaw Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Why Hire a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer?
Most personal injury lawyers adhere to the above process. They can assist with liability, collect evidence, help manage your communications, and pursue compensation.
We’re not most lawyers, though. We’ve secured over $1 billion in compensation for our clients. Our lawyers have over 400 years of combined legal experience.
Hiring a lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers is more than just hiring someone to help you with the legal process; it’s:
- Knowing that we’ll aggressively pursue fair compensation: You came to us because you believe you deserve compensation for your injuries. We’ll do everything in our power to fight on your behalf for a settlement.
- Taking comfort in the fact that your case is under control: Managing a legal case is a massive time commitment. We’ll take this burden off your shoulders so you can focus on healing from your catastrophic injuries. If you hire one of our lawyers, you won’t need to worry anymore.
- Receiving consistent and personalized communication: No more sleepless nights. We’ll provide consistent case updates and responses to your questions. No complicated legalese; just simple, straightforward answers.
- Paying no upfront fees or costs: Hiring a Warsaw catastrophic injury lawyer doesn’t need to be cost-prohibitive. We’ll review your case free of charge. Our lawyers operate on contingency, too, so you won’t have to pay us any upfront fees or costs. We work together so we win together.
What Our Clients Say
Reviews from our clients provide further insight into our compassionate legal process. Read about what they have to say about Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers:
- “They were very concerned with my medical treatment and reviewed my case as if it were the only case they were working. I want to thank the law firm for everything and let all of the public know that this firm will do everything in their power to win your case and get you the settlement you deserve.” – Matthew H.
- “They were great! They walked me through the process and kept in constant communication. I always knew where my case was at and what was going to happen next. They fought hard for me, and it paid off. I would recommend them to anyone who has to go through a situation like mine.” – William G.
The Catastrophic Injury Case Deadline
Most legal cases have a deadline, also called the statute of limitations. For catastrophic injury cases in Indiana, this deadline is two years, per IC § 34-11-2-4.
In most cases, you need to file your lawsuit or claim before this deadline. If you fail to do so, you’ll be left with no chance to fight for compensation.
Our catastrophic injury lawyers can work with you on this deadline. We’ll manage your documentation and ensure that you don’t miss your window of opportunity.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Hire a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer at No Upfront Fees or Costs
We’re ready to handle your case. We care about our communities in Indiana, like Warsaw. We’ll do everything in our power to fight for your compensation.
All it takes is one click or call.