The unexpected death of a loved one is difficult to comprehend. It is even more difficult to deal with if it was caused by the careless actions of someone else. After the untimely death of a loved one, you may be overwhelmed with grief and loss. On top of that, you could be facing financial hardship if your loved one had medical bills or if they provided income for your family.
If your loved one passed away because of the actions of someone else, a Vincennes wrongful death lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help. Our attorneys can fight for your right to recover compensation. Seeking compensation may be the furthest thing from your mind after the death of a loved one. Although, it may be important so your family can move forward without having to worry about finances while trying to grieve.
How Much Is My Vincennes Wrongful Death Case Worth?
The value of a wrongful death case varies based on the number of damages you incurred. If your loved one was in the hospital for a long time and has extensive medical bills, your case could be worth more than if they did not require medical intervention.
Damages are designed to give monetary compensation to the victim’s family. The value of your case relies heavily on the damages you sustained because of your loved one’s death. Recoverable damages in a wrongful death case include:
- Final medical bills: The costs of life-saving medical care and comfort measures provided to your loved one could be included in damages.
- Lost income: Our attorneys can calculate the value of projected future income your loved one would have accumulated had they not passed away.
- Loss of consortium: The loss of the familial relationship and support you and your family endured can be included.
Our injury attorneys can calculate the value of your damages to determine how much compensation we will seek.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Vincennes, call 800-333-9999
How Can Your Attorneys Help?
The legal team at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers helps those left behind after a loved one passes away. Our attorneys will investigate the accident by reviewing the accident report, contacting witnesses, and gathering evidence. We can negotiate with insurance companies and opposing attorneys once our investigation is complete.
The attorneys from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can do what it takes to reach an acceptable settlement agreement. If we cannot reach an agreement, we can take your case to trial and let a jury decide the compensation you deserve. We can advocate to the jury on your behalf and explain to them how your damages have negatively impacted your life.
Other benefits of choosing our firm include:
- Each potential client receives a free consultation. We can hear your story and listen to how your damages have impacted your life. We want you to leave the consultation with your questions answered and an understanding of your options.
- Our payment structure is on a contingency-fee basis. You only must pay for our legal services if we reach a successful outcome and you recover compensation.
- We have Spanish-speaking team members. To accommodate our Spanish-speaking clients, we have Spanish-speaking attorneys and paralegals.
Our Vincennes wrongful death lawyer can guide you through the legal process to make it as smooth as possible.
Vincennes Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Filing a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
After a wrongful death, typically, the surviving spouse, parents, or children can file a wrongful death lawsuit. This is designed to compensate the surviving family members for their losses regarding the accident and to hold the individual or entity responsible for causing your loved one’s death.
Wrongful death lawsuits are civil suits brought against individuals. The liable party will not face criminal charges in a wrongful death lawsuit. It is typical for the liable party’s insurance company to cover the costs to compensate the victim’s family.
Wrongful deaths occur because of someone acting reckless, negligent, or committing a purposeful act. Most commonly, they occur from someone else’s negligence. If negligence is the cause of the accident, we can develop a solid case strategy to prove the liable party’s negligence caused your loved one’s death. To prove negligence, you must show the elements of negligence were satisfied. The elements of negligence include:
- Duty: You must show that the at-fault party owed you a level of care a prudent person in the same situation would provide.
- Breach: The at-fault party failed in their duty and did not provide the level of care a prudent person in the same situation would give.
- Causation: You must also show the connection between the at-fault party’s breach and the death of your loved one. If the at-fault party acted responsibly, your loved one would not have sustained the injuries that caused their death.
- Damages: You incurred damages because of the death of your loved one.
The Importance of Evidence
Proving the defendant was negligent will require evidence showing they caused the death of your loved one. The attorneys from our firm can collect the evidence needed to prove the other party was negligent.
How Long Do I Have to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit in Indiana?
In the state of Indiana,IC § 34-23-1-2 states you have two years from the date of the death to file a wrongful death lawsuit. While this may sound like a lot of time, an investigation can take time. Connecting with our attorneys soon after the accident will give us the proper amount of time to prepare your case.
Once our attorneys begin working on your Knox County case, we can ensure you don’t miss any deadlines to recover compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Connect With Our Firm Now for Justice
Going through a wrongful death lawsuit can be a stressful ordeal. Our attorneys can work hard to negotiate a fair settlement to avoid a trial. If a settlement cannot be reached, we can support you through a trial. We focus on taking the legal responsibility off your family. Your only focus should be on grieving the death of your loved one.
Contact our firm for a free consultation today. We are available 24/7 to take your call. Once you hire us to work on your case, we can begin preparing your case immediately. Our wrongful death attorneys can present the strongest case possible to help you recover compensation. You deserve a firm that will support you every step of the way throughout a wrongful death case.