42 USC § 3796b, a federal code, states that a catastrophic injury is “an injury that permanently prevents an individual from performing any gainful work”. Put simply, catastrophic injuries are serious. They can negatively impact your life and prevent you from working. Common catastrophic injuries include:
- Severe scarring
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
Sometimes, these injuries are perpetrated by the negligence of another party. If you believe that your catastrophic injury was caused by someone else, our lawyers serving Vincennes could help. We believe that everyone should have the chance to fight for fair compensation.
Will I Receive a Lot of Money for My Catastrophic Injuries?
Catastrophic injuries can arise from several different accident types. Our Vincennes catastrophic injury lawyers have represented clients after:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- On-the-job injuries
- Rideshare accidents
- Truck accidents
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- And more
This variability affects the valuation of a catastrophic injury case. Bicyclists struck by cars often suffer from the most severe injuries, because they have less protection from drivers. Truck accidents can drag multiple parties into one colossal crash.
It can be hard to estimate the value of a legal case. Without the support of a lawyer, you may be left using guesswork. If you hire a lawyer, though, they can examine the facts of your case and calculate its value. Their analysis will include these damages:
- Long-term disability
- Pain and suffering
- Surgery expenses
- The loss of a loved one
- Reduced earning capacity if you were disabled after your catastrophic injury
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving Vincennes, call 800-333-9999
The Pursuit of Catastrophic Injury Compensation
Once you have a fair value for your case, the next logical step is pursuing compensation. In some cases, you may not need to hire a lawyer to pursue your settlement.
Catastrophic injury cases are complicated, though. An experienced lawyer can make the complex simple. While they focus on your case, you can spend time healing from your catastrophic injury. You don’t need to face your catastrophic injury alone.
In pursuing compensation, a lawyer will provide these services:
- Protect you from bad faith insurance practices
- Act as your representative and manage communication with any parties involved in your case
- Examine evidence and assign liability
- File your insurance claim or lawsuit
- Interview witnesses
- Represent your case in court, if needed
This legal process is a full-time job. So is getting back on your feet after a catastrophic injury. Hiring a lawyer will take some of the stress out of the healing process.
How Does Assigning Liability Work?
Liability is crucial in a catastrophic injury case. You must designate a responsible party if you want to receive compensation.
This process is typically broken up into four steps:
- Duty of care: It must be apparent that the liable party was in a position where they could cause you harm if they were negligent.
- Breach of duty: Evidence needs to prove that they breached this duty of care.
- Causation: Linking this breach of duty is important. If there’s no linkage, there’s no case.
- Damages: Your medical records and expenses must sufficiently demonstrate that you suffered as a result of the liable party’s negligent behavior.
Vincennes Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Why Choose a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer from Our Firm?
Case results can tell you a lot about a law firm. They illustrate a firm’s rate of success in winning compensation for their clients.
At Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers, we’re very proud of our case results. Since our founding, we’ve won over $2 billion in compensation for our clients. Notable catastrophic injury victories include:
- $6.5 million for a school bus accident
- $3.7 million for a truck accident
- $1.274 million for a car accident
Case results are certainly important, but they only paint a part of the picture. Regarding our firm, they do little to illuminate how we interact with our clients.
Testimonials can fill in this gap. Read about what our previous clients have said about our lawyers and representatives:
- “I’ve worked with Whitney Rudie directly for the past two years. It’s been a pleasure working with her. She’s always professional, quick to respond to emails, and definitely follows up after conversations regarding case statuses. Whitney is a great asset to your firm. She represents your firm well.” – Kristin S.
- “I have had the best experience with Isaacs & Isaacs. Cherry and Karen have been very helpful and accommodating with me. If there’s anything that I don’t understand, they don’t mind explaining the issue and assuring me that everything will be fine.” – Diane W.
Hiring a Lawyer Doesn’t Need to Be Stressful
We’re fully cognizant of the tolls associated with catastrophic injury cases. Victims often suffer from:
- Anxiety related to lost jobs
- Sleepless nights
- Stress from dealing with insurance companies
We promise we won’t add to this list of stress. In fact, we work tirelessly to reduce these stressors on behalf of our clients.
One major cause of worry after a catastrophic injury is financial anxiety. We built our pricing plan with this concern in mind:
- We work on contingency. You won’t pay any upfront costs or fees. We’re a team, so we won’t win unless you do.
- We offer case reviews for free. You can talk to one of our lawyers about your case without paying a cent. They can put many of your questions to rest.
The Clock Is Always Ticking on Catastrophic Injury Cases
Most legal cases have a statute of limitations or deadline. For catastrophic injuries, this deadline is typically two years, per IC § 34-11-2-4.
We advise you to get started on your case as soon as you can. The longer you run down the clock, the more you’ll worry about your case. And, if you miss your deadline, you’ll be left without a chance to pursue compensation.
Our Vincennes catastrophic injury lawyers can take on the role of case manager. We’ll help you submit documentation and keep you updated on the status of your deadline.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Will My Phone Call with a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Look Like?
When you call our firm, you’ll be put in touch with a real person. You can expect:
- A compassionate conversation with a representative from our team
- You can figure out if we’re a good fit for you and your legal needs
- You’ll receive thorough and digestible answers to your questions
Get in Touch with a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
All it takes is one call. We guarantee that we’ll approach your case with curiosity and compassion. Our lawyers want to give the residents of Vincennes a fighting chance. You don’t need to settle for low compensation.
Call our offices or fill out an online application today.