Bicyclists are much less protected while out on the roadways than the vehicles they sometimes collide with. Because of this, they can sustain severe injuries that could cause permanent disability or even death. The driver of the vehicle should be held liable if they are at fault for the accident.
If you have been involved in a bicycle accident, a Vincennes bicycle accident lawyer can help you recover compensation for your losses. You may be out of work or have expensive medical bills. If this is the case, the attorneys at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help.
The Vincennes Bicycle Accident Lawyers at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Are on Your Side
After a bicycle accident, you may be dealing with injuries you never thought were possible. We will work tirelessly to help you recover compensation so you can move on with your life. We are prepared to stand up against insurance companies and large corporations to protect your rights.
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers are Different from the Rest
Our attorneys have been winning personal injury cases for our clients for over 20 years. The attorneys at our firm have over 400 years of combined legal experience. If you choose our firm, you can expect:
- Free consultations: We offer free consultations to all potential clients to discuss the details of your case. By the end of the consultation, you will have your questions answered and know your legal rights.
- Contingency fee: Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means we do not charge for our services unless we reach a successful outcome with your case. If you do not recover any compensation, we do not get paid.
- In-house litigation team: Our attorneys will fight aggressively to reach a fair settlement agreement. If a settlement cannot be reached, our in-house litigation team will fight for your right to receive compensation in court.
- Spanish-speaking team members: Our legal team consists of Spanish-speaking paralegals and attorneys to accommodate our Spanish-speaking clients.
- Successful past settlements: We have recovered over $1 billion in wins and settlements for past clients.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Vincennes, call 800-333-9999
Damages You Could Recover After a Bicycle Accident
After a bicycle accident, there are a variety of damages you could recover. Damages include both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages refer to compensation that are justified, verifiable monetary losses. They include:
- Medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
Non-economic damages can include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
A Vincennes bicycle accident lawyer at our firm will review your recoverable damages to determine the value of compensation we can seek.
Vincennes Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Indiana Bicycle Laws
According to the Indiana Bicycle Laws, bicycles have the same rights and responsibilities as motorists in regard to the rules of the road. When riding a bike, bicyclists must always:
- Obey all traffic laws
- Signal when turning
- Look before turning
- Watch for parked cars
Motorists are required to safely pass bicyclists with at least three feet of clearance. They should not return to their lane until it is safe to do so.
Common Causes of Vincennes Bicycle Accidents
The National Survey of Bicyclist and Pedestrian Attitudes and Behavior has presented its findings on the most common causes of bicycle accidents. Common causes of bicycle accidents caused by motorists include:
- Speeding motorists: Speeding excessively reduces decision-making time on the road. High-speed accidents are more likely to cause severe injuries.
- Distracted driving: Drivers who are on a cell phone or manipulating the radio are distracted and could cause bicycle accidents. A driver might not see the bicyclist in time or accidentally swerve into their lane.
- Driving too close behind bicycles: Motorists who do not put enough distance between their vehicle and a bicycle have a shorter time to react to any sudden stops or movements by the bicyclist, causing them to be more likely to strike the bicycle rider.
- Not stopping at a stop sign or red light: Motorists who fail to stop at stop signs and red lights could likely hit a bicyclist.
- Driving under the influence: Motorists who are out on the road under the influence of drugs or alcohol are at a greater risk of hitting bicyclists. Driving under the influence lowers the awareness of drivers, causing them to possibly miss seeing a bicyclist on the road.
- Aggressive drivers: A motorist might become frustrated if they are having to slow down while behind a bicyclist. This could place bicyclists at risk if the motorist begins performing aggressive driving tactics.
Regardless of the cause, whenever a bicycle collides with a motor vehicle, severe injuries can occur.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident
Knowing what to do immediately after a bicycle accident gives you a better chance of protecting your rights if you file a claim in the future. If you are not severely injured and are able, perform the following actions after a bicycle accident:
- Call the police and wait for them to arrive on the scene: Report what happened during the accident and any injuries you sustained.
- Obtain information: Collect the name and contact information of the motorist. Also get their car’s make and model, license plate number, and insurance information.
- Identify witnesses: Talk to anyone who witnessed the accident and exchange contact information.
- Write down what happened: Document everything that happened during the accident as soon as you can. As time goes on, you may forget details of what occurred, and this information could be helpful when filing a claim. Write down the direction you were going, the date and time of the accident, and what you were doing when the accident occurred.
- Seek legal representation: An attorney will negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to ensure you are getting a fair settlement offer. If the insurance company will not offer a fair settlement agreement, an attorney from our firm can litigate for you to receive compensation in court.
Gathering evidence from the accident scene is helpful when filing a bicycle accident claim. Our attorneys can review the evidence you collected to help you recover compensation.
Contact a Vincennes Bicycle Accident Lawyer
A Vincennes bicycle accident lawyer from Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will be on your side throughout the entirety of your case. We will handle all legal matters so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
Contact our firm today for a free consultation. Someone from our legal team is available 24/7 to take your call.