Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers has helped clients fight for justice for nearly three decades and secured $1 billion. If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a car accident, our Valparaiso car accident lawyers could help you seek financial compensation.
We will put our legal experience behind your personal injury or wrongful death case and work to achieve the settlement or verdict you need.
The Valparaiso Area Ranks Among Indiana’s Top Ten for Most Vehicle Accidents
The Indiana Criminal Justice Institute notes 217,000 fatal vehicle accidents in Indiana in 2019. In Porter County, more than 5,000 collisions occurred. The county ranked 9th out of 92 counties for most crashes that year.
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident in Valparaiso, our attorneys could assist you with an insurance claim or lawsuit against the at-fault driver. We can collect evidence, interview witnesses, and consult with experts to prove another party’s negligence caused your crash. We work on a variety of vehicle accident cases, including:
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Accidents involving students and out-of-state drivers
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Single-vehicle accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Accidents involving uninsured and underinsured motorists
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Valparaiso, call 800-333-9999
Liability and Indiana Insurance Laws
Indiana is a fault insurance state, meaning drivers must have liability insurance to pay for injuries and property damage they cause. The state mandates a minimum of:
- $25,000 in bodily injury liability coverage for injuries or death to one person or $50,000 per accident
- $25,000 in uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage
- $25,000 in property damage liability
- $50,000 in underinsured motorist coverage
However, neither the liable driver’s insurance company nor your own provider will just hand you a check for your damages. To achieve a settlement, you will have to show that another person’s negligent behavior caused your accident. Our lawyers can help you prove negligence if the other driver involved in your collision was:
- Following too closely
- Making an improper turn
- Exceeding the speed limit or driving too fast for weather conditions
- Drinking and driving
- Driving aggressively (road rage)
- Driving distracted (texting, talking on the phone, looking in the mirror)
- Making an improper turn
- Driving in the wrong lane
- Running a stoplight or stop sign
- Driving drowsy or falling asleep behind the wheel
Other Potentially Negligent Parties in Your Valparaiso Car Accident Case
Not all car accidents are due to driver error. Sometimes, the cause is a vehicle or equipment problem or roadway defect. We could help you pursue compensation from a private roadway owner, government entity, or manufacturer if one of the following contributed to your accident:
- Brake failure
- Tire failure
- Faulty road design
- Broken traffic lights
- Obstructed road signs
- Airbag defects
- Engine trouble
- Lack of road maintenance
- Negligent vehicle maintenance or faulty repairs
Valparaiso Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
We Want to Help You Achieve Financial Recovery and Move Forward With Your Life
A car accident can affect your physical health and your financial stability. If you suffered severe injuries, you might be looking at tens of thousands of dollars or more in medical expenses, the cost of vehicle damages, and the inability to work while you heal. Additionally, the toll your injuries have on your body and mind could be considerable.
Our car accident lawyers serving Valparaiso can help you seek a financial recovery for your past and future medical treatment, pain and suffering, and more. This may include compensation for:
- Hospital stays
- Dental, vision, or hearing treatments
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning potential if you cannot return to your job
- Depression, stress, and anxiety
- Chronic pain
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of mobility
- Vehicle repair or replacement costs
- Rental car fees
- Medical travel expenses
- Medically necessary home renovations
- Help with cooking, cleaning, and other household tasks
- Long-term nursing care
Wrongful Death Compensation
According to IC § 34-23-1-1, if your loved one suffered a fatal injury because of another person’s negligent actions, an estate representative could seek compensation on their behalf. The estate can recoup medical expenses, burial and funeral costs, and the deceased’s lost wages. The deceased’s surviving spouse and dependents can receive compensation that considers lost care, love, and guidance, as well.
What Is the Value of Your Car Accident Case?
Our team will help you identify your accident-related expenses and fight for fair compensation for your tangible and intangible losses. The exact value of your settlement or verdict will depend on circumstances unique to you, including:
- The cost of your out-of-pocket medical expenses
- Your estimated future medical costs
- The impact of your accident on your health and quality of life
- Your wages, earnings, and benefits at the time of your accident
- Whether or not you suffered a permanent or disabling injury
- The value of your personal property damages
How Can You Help Your Lawyer After Your Valparaiso Car Accident?
Our attorneys will handle your insurance claim or lawsuit from start to finish. This includes gathering evidence, building a case for negligence, filing your paperwork, and negotiating on your behalf. However, there are a few things you can do to help your chances of receiving compensation:
- See a medical professional immediately—if you have not done so already.
- Save bills and receipts related to your medical treatment, vehicle repairs, or other concrete expenses.
- Report your accident to the Valparaiso Police Department if law enforcement was not present at the accident scene.
- If the insurance company reaches out, do not go into detail about your accident or injuries.
- Do not accept the first settlement the insurance company offers.
- File your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit within the two-year statute of limitations established by IC § 34-11-2-4 or IC § 34-23-2-1, respectively.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Is Ready to Tackle Your Car Accident Case
Call Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers to get started on your case today. A member of our team is available 24/7 to provide you with a free consultation.