The state of Indiana puts bicycle laws and safety regulations in place to help prevent bicycle accidents from happening. Although precautions exist, accidents still happen. These accidents can cause severe injuries because of the lack of protection surrounding a bicyclist.
When bicycle accidents are caused by careless drivers, bicyclists could be entitled to receive compensation if they were injured. The Terre Haute bicycle accident lawyers at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help bicycle accident victims recover the compensation they need to rebuild their lives.
How Can Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers Help Me Recover Compensation?
At our firm, we always put our client’s best interests first. We understand you may have suffered from a traumatic accident and will treat you with the utmost care and compassion. Once you become our client, we can investigate your accident so we can build a solid case strategy. We can:
- Request a copy of the accident report and review what occurred during the accident.
- Compile evidence from the scene.
- Contact witnesses and obtain a statement of what they observed during the accident.
- Identify who caused the accident and determine liability.
- Negotiate with the other party to come up with a fair settlement agreement.
- If a fair settlement agreement cannot be reached, our in-house litigation team is prepared to represent you in a trial in front of a jury.
We Are Different from Other Firms
Our attorneys have over 400 years of combined legal experience and have recovered over $1 billion in past settlements and wins. Legal matters can be stressful for anyone. We strive to offer our clients the best experience so they can move forward after suffering from injuries. Benefits of choosing our firm include:
- We offer free consultations to all potential clients. During the consultation, we will discuss the circumstances of your case and inform you of your legal rights and how we can help. When the consultation is over, you will know the next steps moving forward and have all of your questions answered.
- We work on a contingency fee basis. We do not charge any upfront fees or costs for our legal services. You only pay us if we help you successfully recover compensation.
- Our legal team is comprised of Spanish-speaking paralegals and attorneys.
We are the law firm that gets results. Sustaining severe injuries can leave you with physical and emotional distress. We believe you should be compensated for the turmoil the bicycle accident has caused you.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Terre Haute, call 800-333-9999
You Could Be Entitled to Recover Damages
If another party’s negligence caused you to sustain injuries in a bicycle accident, you could be entitled to recover compensation. If negligence is proven, the courts will require the liable party to pay the victim for damages. Damages in a bicycle accident case could include:
- Medical expenses: Emergency room care, doctor visits, medications, diagnostic testing, surgeries, and hospitalizations
- Future medical expenses: Medical expenses if your injuries will require medical care in the future after your case is settled
- Lost income: Income you lost if you were out of work while recovering from the accident
- Lost future income: Income you may lose in the future if you are unable to return to work in the same capacity or at all
- Pain and suffering: Physical pain, anguish, discomfort, or inconvenience you experience because of your injuries
- Emotional distress: Negative psychological issues such as depression, anxiety, fear, post-traumatic stress disorder, or sleep issues you experience after the accident
- Loss of enjoyment: If you are no longer able to participate in hobbies, activities, or sports you once loved because of your injuries
Our attorneys can fight for you to receive the maximum amount of compensation for your damages. We can calculate the value of your damages to determine the value of your case. If your loved one passed away from their injuries, we can seek compensation for funeral costs, burial or cremation costs, and loss of consortium damages.
Terre Haute Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
How Long do I Have to File a Lawsuit?
If you have been in an Indiana bicycle accident, you have a limited time to file a lawsuit. IC § 34-11-2-4 states you have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit against the liable party. Once two years have passed, you may not be able to recover compensation for your injuries.
Hiring an attorney soon after your accident will give us ample time to develop a solid case strategy. We can take time to investigate your case, determine liability, and determine the value of your damages.
Bicycle Laws in Indiana
The Indiana Department of Transportation does not define bikes as “vehicles”, but bicyclists have the same rights and responsibilities on the road as motor vehicles. Bicyclists are required to:
- Ride in the right-hand lane when traveling slower than the speed of traffic.
- Not ride with more than two bicyclists side-by-side on the roadway.
- Slow down and come to a complete stop at all stop signs and stoplights that signal red.
- Signal when turning or coming to a stop.
- Practice due care when passing a vehicle going in the same direction or a standing vehicle.
Bicyclists may use a usable bike lane but are not required to. Indiana’s DUI laws apply to bicyclists. While bicycles are not considered vehicles, they are for that law.
Motor vehicles are required to have at least three feet of clearance between their vehicle and the bike when passing. They cannot return to their lane until it is safe. Indiana does not have a dooring law but encourages motorists to check for bicyclists before opening a door.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Reach Out to a Terre Haute Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Obtaining advice from a legal representative is the best way for bicycle accident injury victims to protect their rights. The Terre Haute bicycle accident attorneys at Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will do what it takes to help you recover the maximum amount of compensation.
Our firm serves bicycle accident victims in the Terre Haute area. You can reach our attorneys 24 hours per day for a free consultation. Contact us today to speak to a member of our legal team. We can help you hold the liable party accountable for the injuries you sustained so you can move forward with your life.